What am I missing about Armstech in 1.3?

Toogeloo

Fleet today was filled with the normal gripes about Crew Skills being a large waste of time after level 50, and they were only getting further nerfed in 1.3. There was one guy in particular however stated that Armstechs are getting buffed in 1.3 and that those that were smart enough to have it leveled will be making bank and it will be the most OP Crew Skill.

I figure he was probably trolling, but just thought I'd ask if there really was something about Armstech that is going to make it shine, because one of my Alts is Armstech and after I made my Custom Pistols, I haven't touched it.

I have an alt with maxed armstech that makes several purple augments that sell on the GTN and I expect an increase after 1.3 and people buy the mod kits for their existing gear. Other then producing augment kits for weapons I don't see anything else to make this craft skill more appealing.

I have an alt with maxed armstech that makes several purple augments that sell on the GTN and I expect an increase after 1.3 and people buy the mod kits for their existing gear. Other then producing augment kits for weapons I don't see anything else to make this craft skill more appealing.

they really should just scrap armstech altogether. its the most useless profession right now...nothing to be excited about..

Yep, only thing I can think of is synthweavers/armormechs churning out augment kits will make overkill augments even more in demand.

(and I do mostly mean just synthweavers/armormechs. Unless they fiddle with the yields, it'll cost armstechs WAY more in mats to make the augment kits that it'll cost those other two professions. Depending on how many synthweavers/armormechs start churning the things out, it could easily price armstechs out of the kit selling business.)

they really should just scrap armstech altogether. its the most useless profession right now...nothing to be excited about..

I'd disagree... I haven't touched my Cybertech in a month. I've at least crafted a couple Augmentable Rifles and Pistols for people, as well as the odd Vibrosword from time to time.

I'd disagree... I haven't touched my Cybertech in a month. I've at least crafted a couple Augmentable Rifles and Pistols for people, as well as the odd Vibrosword from time to time.

woopdie-doo-da-day. lol. so dedicate an entire profession to make mediocre rifles/pistols for companions and what not? i tried doing that too, selling augmented ones, thinking people would snatch them up but nothing. and the daily rewards give better weapons for companions. only thing useful making is the custom oragange weapons with augment slot but even those are going to be phased out in 1.3

All I was saying is that I think Cybertech is more useless than Armstech. Almost every profession is useless barring a couple random things here or there. Only BioChem gets serious crafting time through out the game cuz everyone wants their Stims and Adrenals.

All I was saying is that I think Cybertech is more useless than Armstech. Almost every profession is useless barring a couple random things here or there. Only BioChem gets serious crafting time through out the game cuz everyone wants their Stims and Adrenals.

I'm sorry, but that's not the case. Cybertech specifically can craft 1 augmentable slot for 100% of classes. Armstech can craft 1 augmentable slot for 50% of classes.

That ANY skill has schematics drop during operations makes it a better skill than Armstech.

Edited by Wapakguy