Are forums pointless?

Gstring

Do you folk think that these forums are pretty pointless and only serve for us to vent our frustrations on mostly with each other?

I really do not think that these companies take any notice of what is complained about on forums, do you?

Some parts of the forums are useful like the newcomers, pvp and realm but the general and suggestions and forums of this type where mostly whining goes on, are probably never even looked at.

Are people wasting their time even posting stuff here?

just like I am at the moment lol

Edited by Gstring

I have to agree, the General forums are a wasteland.

For decent information you need to go to a different forum.

Newcomers, Class, Ops/Flashpoint, and Dev Tracker are examples of worth while content.

Do you folk think that these forums are pretty pointless and only serve for us to vent our frustrations on mostly with each other?

Yes they are pointless. BW rarely provides positive input to discussions. WTB community

Managers who care and are knowledgable.

The forums are full of hate. Why you ask? The answer is obvious.

Bioware claims to have the same 1.7 million subs now they had near launch.

Yet the servers are empty day and night. Why?

Becasue a crap load of people quit playing the game (low server pop) even though their sub did not yet run out (Bioware's claim to have steady subs).

So all those unhappy people are on the forums hoping that some mircale happens and they fix the game.

Unfortunately, they are being ignored.... so the sub numers are going to take a dramatic hit.

BTW, the way they count, these FREE subs count!

So they'll still say 1.7 million next month by counting all the people with free trials accounts as accounts...

Edited by tormeanted

Forums are filled with threads that serve no purpose. Ive posted a few myself out of boredom.

The forum should only be an information section and have only 1 part where consumers can reply to asking devs questions. The rest should close. How many topics go past 3 pages before it becomes a chinese whispers rant, OP point has been forgotten.

For this purpose the community would be healthier if the forums were closed. Let the haters create their own forums. Let them vent to each other.

Forums are filled with threads that serve no purpose. Ive posted a few myself out of boredom.

The forum should only be an information section and have only 1 part where consumers can reply to asking devs questions. The rest should close. How many topics go past 3 pages before it becomes a chinese whispers rant, OP point has been forgotten.

For this purpose the community would be healthier if the forums were closed. Let the haters create their own forums. Let them vent to each other.

How can you be bored if your game is so awesome?

Why not play it?

Are the forums pointless?

General Discussion is. General Discussion is basically doomsayers and fanboys smacking e-peens together. I hope they make you know...server specific forums...OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DID! Yea we got bioware'd on the server forums...ask for something get something half assed.

Everyday I see the general forums full of people complaining and people asking for things and I think to myself they are just wasting their time.

These companies will never take any notice of what's written here, so what is the point? Don't get me wrong I have also posted.

I agree the other forums you can get some good information.

What I would really like is to see a Q & A from devs with the ordinary public asking whatever they want.

It gives EA a low cost, 24 hour a day, never ending focus group in an environment they completely control.

So, not pointless for them. For the players ...

Yeah, somebody already said it: There's good discussions & info in a lot of the sub forums. You just have to dig a little harder for it.

Forums are where angry people go to spew hate usually. If you look really closely and don't mind sifting through piles of garbage you might find a gem buried in here somewhere, but the piles of crap generally put me off before I find that one great post.

Forums are not pointless. Most forum posters, however, are.

Agree.

Forums, for me, are more about a way to reach out to the community-- to find people who I want to be a part of my guild family, and for people to learn about my guild.