Old Companions in New update ?

darhtlaci

So ,

I been thinking about the new update to story coming this september... and i must say one thing i really missed from the storyes , bassicly ever sence anything above class storyes , is that the old companions are like non existent .. what makes me greatly sad.

When you can flirt whit Lana infront of your husban/wife and no reaction and stuff like this made me sad. Companions always where a big point in BW storyes. In my oppinion it would make everyone happy if not only we would get comps back for 1minute dialogue after years of waiting , but actually imagine if they would have some interactive roll in it ?

Maybe new conversations ?

Anything really would make me happy.

As a sith inquisitor main id still love if Ashara could have been turned to DS as jaesa bassicly. (tho that will never happen now even this in development it was suposed to happen i read , but idea got scraped :/ )

Was just interested in your oppinion guys you think it would be nice if we would get some kind of conent regarding old companions ?

(if this threed gets lot of attention maybe Devs actually think abou this :p )

We might get a few companion interactions here and there but this is a problem that dates back to Rise of the Hutt Cartel, at best certain companions get new lines. There just isn't enough budge to voice-act all of them in a meaningful way, that being said they can rectify this by sending companion mails, some could even be dependent on your choices IE: Some companions might react positively to a certain choice in the story and so forth. They've been pushing that more lately which is nice.

So ,

I been thinking about the new update to story coming this september... and i must say one thing i really missed from the storyes , bassicly ever sence anything above class storyes , is that the old companions are like non existent .. what makes me greatly sad.

When you can flirt whit Lana infront of your husban/wife and no reaction and stuff like this made me sad. Companions always where a big point in BW storyes. In my oppinion it would make everyone happy if not only we would get comps back for 1minute dialogue after years of waiting , but actually imagine if they would have some interactive roll in it ?

Maybe new conversations ?

Anything really would make me happy.

As a sith inquisitor main id still love if Ashara could have been turned to DS as jaesa bassicly. (tho that will never happen now even this in development it was suposed to happen i read , but idea got scraped :/ )

Was just interested in your oppinion guys you think it would be nice if we would get some kind of conent regarding old companions ?

(if this threed gets lot of attention maybe Devs actually think abou this :p )

:) This same sentiment is shared by more then 90%, probably closer to all but a few. However as Flameyol has said its *Very expensive voicing "All of them".

:) This same sentiment is shared by more then 90%, probably closer to all but a few. However as Flameyol has said its *Very expensive voicing "All of them".

I think you'd have a hard time justifying the fraction you gave, but I'd put money on it being a fairly substantial fraction.

The problem with the cost of voicing is not so much that it's expensive in any absolute sense, but that it's hard to see that it would *add* enough to our experience to make enough players actually pay money to make up for the cost. (And, more specifically, that it would make more money than doing something else that would cost the same.)

I think you'd have a hard time justifying the fraction you gave, but I'd put money on it being a fairly substantial fraction.

The problem with the cost of voicing is not so much that it's expensive in any absolute sense, but that it's hard to see that it would *add* enough to our experience to make enough players actually pay money to make up for the cost. (And, more specifically, that it would make more money than doing something else that would cost the same.)

I sort of felt that way a long time ago Steve.. BUT IMO ... the impact of companions in this game is much larger than I originally thought. That is one of the reasons I took the time to develop a suggestion regarding a new companion that also co-insides with a class / character I've been working on as well. They would compliment each other in much the same fashion as the JK and Kira do (just as an example).

Sooo yeah. IMO ... for the greater good of the overall well being of the game they are necessary. Unquestionably a large percentage of the clientele are looking for this and would be more likely to stay with the game.. SWTOR really does need a MUCH more aggressive / active approach to this aspect of the game.

• 3 weeks later...
I sort of felt that way a long time ago Steve.. BUT IMO ... the impact of companions in this game is much larger than I originally thought. That is one of the reasons I took the time to develop a suggestion regarding a new companion that also co-insides with a class / character I've been working on as well. They would compliment each other in much the same fashion as the JK and Kira do (just as an example).

Sooo yeah. IMO ... for the greater good of the overall well being of the game they are necessary. Unquestionably a large percentage of the clientele are looking for this and would be more likely to stay with the game.. SWTOR really does need a MUCH more aggressive / active approach to this aspect of the game.

I agree. As much as I wish I could do all the content I'm mostly a solo player. With so little companion interaction after the initial three chapters, it really is playing solo. And since the end of KOTET it's been pretty boring. Ossus was blah, Dantooine even more so. It just seems like once you do the initial mission it's just grind grind grind. I have have numerous master crafters but I can't craft top tier gear. So I feel like a lot of time has been wasted even bothering to craft, which was one aspect I enjoyed, until KOTFE. Now it's not worth the time and I don't need the credits.

I understand Operations and PVP are a huge thing for a lot of players, but if you play mostly solo, it's impossible almost to get gear in Operations, even when you are allowed to join, and impossible to rank up in pvp without better gear, and with all the cheating that goes on. I've been playing a long time, the last 4 months I've barely logged on.

Hopefully, the remaining companions will come back a lot more satisfactorily. The last one that was almost great was Iokath.

Due to budget constraints, I doubt we'll see much interaction with old companions, which I hate. The big draw to the story part of this game is the companion aspect and I'd bet this holds true for more players than would admit it.

Thing is, we are not greedy. Anything at all will be welcome. A letter, one MEANINGFUL line, goes a long way.

Unfortunately, SWTOR seems to be going in the one size fits all, hack and slash story which is fine, but I can get that anywhere. As always, I'll wait and see, but definitely not holding my breath for any further interactions with old companions beyond those that are yet to return. Then it will be an alliance alert, a couple of cut scenes and done for them too.