Preview Window Available on PTS!

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The updated preview window is now available on PTS! Quite literally, we rebuilt it from the ground up so we would love your help in testing it as much as possible. If you find any bugs, please report them in the PTS Bug Reports Forum.

Separately, let's talk about feedback. Since the preview window already existed in game and this is a refactor of it, we want to get your overall thoughts. Here are some questions to keep in mind:

• When you preview something, is it doing what you expect?
  • If you preview and then unpreview something, is it doing what you expect?
  • What are your thoughts on the new paperdoll?
  • Is there functionality you feel like is missing?
  • What are you enjoying most about the new preview window? What do you want to see us improve further?

Thanks everyone, we will see you on PTS!

-eric

PS - Guild Heraldry is not functioning on PTS currently. It will be updated in a future build.

Edited by EricMusco

Window looks like it should have been in the game for 5 years already and looks really good, good job.

In the 10 minutes I played with it the only thing that I'm missing most is a sound pre ... hear?

Would be nice to actually hear what weapons sound like when you press the little play button before you buy an expensive blaster for example.

Also the capes still look like they have been frozen in carbonite, wooden planks instead of the actual in game flappery things. If you press the play button and your character starts walking it looks even worse with the cape sticking to your feet.

A mount flourish preview is also something one could expect from this new and improved window.

Looking good overall and I like the funny animations your character makes when you preview stuff ( /beltcheck when you preview a belt pls! )

Edited by DarthYun
type

First impression:

Pros:

+ Lightsabre-Blades now match their blade colour to the already equip colour crystal

+ Ability to match single clothing parts only to the chest

+ the weapon-movement preview is really, really cool!

+ Animations the char makes when you preview clothes

Cons:

- to match the single clothing parts to the chest, you have to match/unmatch them in the character menu separately. A possibility to match/unmatched colours to chest colour directly in the preview window would be better

- Face-emotes/expressions can not be unpreviewed once they are activated. You have to close the whole preview-window for this. (And by can not be deactivated, I mean that the char is doing EVERYTHING in the preview window with the emote activated

- Please give us the ability to make the character stop swinging their double-lightsabres/weapons in the preview window. It’s hard to watch them closely when the char is swinging them around every ten seconds or so. I know that some people might like this feature, so letting us uncheck/disable it would be best

- Background is missing (or at last I hope that we will get the old background from the “old” preview-window back)

- When previewing a mount the default preview is much to near. You have to zoom out quite a bit to even see the mount in complete

Now, to really test the new preview-window, what we would need is some merchants who sell mount/pets/emotes/colour modules/weapons/clothes. Ergo: the things we should test for you. Because: It’s quite difficult to test something if you don’t have the things you should test it with.

Oh, and sry for any bad English wording/grammer

I found a glitch with weapon-draw and mount preview...

Start with a force-user class (I used a Jugg), and preview an Assault Cannon. Leave the AC in place.

(Nice job with the gun preview, where you can see what the blaster bolts look like with a previewed crystal.)(1)

Now preview a speeder or (I guess) other mount.

Now press the "draw-weapon" button.

My Jugg drew her normal lightsabre and still had the AC on her back.

(1) Turn your character so you fire away from the camera, obviously.

Now, to really test the new preview-window, what we would need is some merchants who sell mount/pets/emotes/colour modules/weapons/clothes. Ergo: the things we should test for you. Because: It’s quite difficult to test something if you don’t have the things you should test it with.

Preview from the Collections interface, or visit an actual equipment vendor.

An overhaul of the dressing room window was long overdue. The changes are definitely going in the right direction, with a much larger preview window and more UI options. It is great that Tech classes are finally able to preview color crystals. There are a couple bugs as well as some more features I'd like to see.

More issues to be added as I discover them.

Bugs (in no particular order)

• Players cannot preview regeneration items, emotes and moods when they are linked in chat. This only affects regeneration items, emotes and moods; other items (armor set, mounts, pets etc.) can be previewed just fine when players link them.
  • The "play" button (to cancel current animation, to toggle running animation, to toggle shooting animation) has no tooltip when players place their mouse over it.
  • Right now, the "play" button has three different behaviors: 1) It cancels the current emote/regeneration animation. 2) It shoots the weapon if the weapon is drawn. 3) It toggles the run animation if no weapon is drawn.
    However, it is confusing that this button has the same icon for all three behaviors. Please ensure that the icon dynamically changes depending on the current state (cancel icon, shoot icon, run icon).
  • The error message "This item cannot be previewd on your characters gender" has two typos: "previewd" should be "previewed", and "characters" should be "character's".
  • On my Scoundrel (single-handed blaster weapon, no off-hand) the shooting animation is not looping. The character shoots once, then flourishes the blaster, shoots twice more then stops. On other classes (e.g. Gunslinger) the shooting animation is looped.
  • The buttons to zoom in/zoom out only take effect when releasing the mouse button. On the other hand, the buttons to rotate the character continue rotating while the button is pressed. Please ensure that players can continuously zoom while holding the zoom in/zoom out button pressed.
  • It is impossible to rotate the character or move the camera left/right/up/down while a regeneration animation is playing, only zooming in/out or hitting the "Reset Position" button works. However, it is possible to rotate the character before previewing the regeneration item, in which case the character stays locked in that orientation during regeneration, and can be rotated again once the animation finishes.
    Please ensure that players can rotate the character during the animation. This is especially important with item's like "Fearsome Rage" which completely block the view unless players know to rotate the character beforehand.
    Note that the "Music Therapy Probe" is an exception to this rule; players can rotate and move their character while previewing this item.
  • Graphical bug with "Music Therapy Probe": The disco ball is not showing up correctly, and player character is not dancing during the animation.
  • Companions that are unlocked via an item can be previewed by previewing that item. However, this only works for companions that appear in collections. Please ensure that this also works for non-collection items, like "Illicit Holocommunicator" which unlocks Paxton Rall.
  • It is impossible to link items from the preview window in chat. Please ensure that hitting Shift and left-clicking on items from the preview window will link those items in the chat window.
  • On my Scoundrel, it is impossible to unequip my main hand weapon in the preview window. When I right-click on it, it is automatically copied into the offhand slot. Please ensure that it is possible to unequip the main hand.
    For example, you can make it so that left-click will place the main hand into the offhand slot. Alternatively, you can add drag & drop so players can drag the main hand into the offhand slot.
  • When a player previews his currently equipped main hand weapon on his companion and then switches to the character tab, the weapon is no longer highlighted. If the player then switches back to the companion tab, the weapon is reset to the companion's default main hand weapon. Please ensure that the selection stays active when switching between tabs.
    Similarly, if previewing an armor item on a companion that the character currently has equipped, switching to the character panel will then remove this item from the preview. Please ensure that the item stays highlighted and is not removed. Same goes vice versa (if previewing on the character an item worn by the companion, and then switching to the companion tab).
  • On my Scoundrel, right-clicking on my main hand weapon will not only preview that weapon on my offhand, it will also preview the weapon on my companion's main hand.
  • When previewing a weapon, players can only see the default color crystal that is included with the weapon. They have to separately click to preview the color crystal. This is especially frustrating when inspecting weapons from other players because it is impossible to bring up the modify window from where players could preview the color crystal.
    Please ensure that when previewing a weapon, the currently installed color crystal is automatically copied into the color crystal slot below the weapon. The same goes for tunings.
  • When previewing a companion customization of a companion that can only wear weapons, no armor (e.g. M1-4X Customization 1), the preview window does not show the companion's weapon, only the customization.
    On companions that can be fully customized, players can see their full armor set including weapon. (If players have a companion unlocked, it shows their current gear, otherwise it shows the companion's default gear)
  • The companion tab from the preview window is missing a slot for dyes even though dyes can be previewed on companions. Please ensure that the same dye slot from the character tab is also present on the companion tab.
  • In the companion tab, the armor slots should be hidden if the companion cannot wear armor. Right now, they stay empty. Similarly, if the companion cannot use a weapon, the weapon slots should be hidden.
  • When players preview some armor and then preview a companion customization, the state of the preview window is reset. It now only shows the companion customization and with the companion's default items. Please ensure that previewing a companion customization will not remove any items that players were previously previewing.
  • When previewing a pet, hitting the "Reset Position" button will rotate the pet by 180°. Please ensure that hitting the button does not change the pet's orientation relative to the character.
  • When previewing armors or weapons on companions that cannot wear them, players get the error message "You cannot preview equipable items on this character" and "You cannot preview weapons on this character". This is confusing because the error refers to companions, not characters. (Characters can wear items and weapons just fine). Please update the error message so it says "companion" instead of "character".
    Also, in addition to showing the error message, please automatically switch to the character tab and show the respective item on the character if it cannot be shown on the companion.
  • The camera should automatically zoom out when previewing a large mount to ensure it is fully visible.

Regressions

• It is no longer possible to switch between companions. Instead, players can only preview the currently active companion. (However, by previewing a companion customization or unlock, players can preview that companion).
    The main issue that in order to switch to a different companion, players need to close the preview window, summon that companion and open the preview window again. This causes the preview window to forget its state, i.e. the items have reset and players will need to once again click on any items that their were previously previewing.
    Please add a drop down menu so we can preview any of our companions without having to close the preview window. Alternatively, if the preview window is open and players are summoning a different companion, have the preview window automatically switch to that companion. This way, players can preview another companion without having to close the preview window which should preserve the state.
    Also, in the Companions & Contacts window, please add an option to preview a companion when right-clicking on it. (Right now, the context menu only has options to select the role and to summon/dismiss the companion)
  • When previewing small decorations, the zoom is buggy: At first, the camera is zoomed in but when you zoom out even a little bit, the decoration is now very small and when trying to zoom back in, you can never reach the original zoom level. Instead, you have to preview a different decoration and then go back to the original decoration so it is large again.

Feature requests

• When previewing regeneration items and emotes, there should be a cast bar so players know how long the animation is playing.
    Alternatively, add a new slot to the items which has the last used emote or regeneration item. That way, players can restart the animation whenever they want by clicking on it. Also, instead of a cast bar, you could put an animation on the icon, similar to when an ability is on cooldown, but in this case to show the duration of the animation.
  • After previewing a mood (facial expression), it is impossible to reset the mood outside of closing the preview window. Since the mood is a constant effect and not a temporary animation like emotes, it must also be shown under items so that players can right-click on it or hit "Reset items" to get rid of it.
  • The preview window only shows the armor set from a player's currently active outfit. Players who want to preview another outfit will have to close the preview window, activate another outfit and then reopen the preview window, which loses all state.
    Please add a drop down menu to switch to a different outfit. Alternatively, automatically have the preview window switch to a different outfit if a player activates that outfit in his character screen. That way, players don't have to close and reopen the preview window.
  • Please add drag & drop so that players can move items from the inventory into the preview window without having to hit Ctrl and left-click. That way, they have more control over previewing weapons, color crystals and tunings, especially when they want to have different items in main and offhand.
  • It is only possible to preview dyes for the whole armor set, not for individual pieces. Please ensure that each armor piece has its own dye slot. Also, please add drag & drop so that players can drag a dye onto a specific item in the preview window to dye it.
  • It is impossible to preview items from a player's own outfit in the character screen (or another player's outfit in the inspect window). When pressing Ctrl and left-clicking, nothing happens. Please ensure that the item can be previewed. Similarly, it should be possible to post those items in chat.
  • On the character screen, there are two options to toggle dark side corruption and to toggle dynamic mount colors. Please add these options to the preview window as well.
  • Many items cannot be previewed, e.g. portable vendors or trainers, the Party Bomb, Banners, Crate-O-Matic etc. It would be great if those items can get a preview button as well.

Edited by Jerba

Just having a quick squizz now.

The one thing that really stands out to me is if I have a chest piece already stamped with a dye, and I preview it, it doesn't show in the preview, it defaults the chest pieces' original colour making the system pretty useless if you're trying out new looks (but like the chest piece as is). I would have to get the same dye I have in my chest piece and have it separate in my inventory and then add it to the preview window in order to properly try out looks for my characters (which is pretty annoying).

But if you're starting from scratch to come up with a new look, the layout/setup works really well. I like the way rotating works and that you can draw out and animate your weapons.

Bugs

- Any Pet with an 'effect' doesn't preview/animate properly. Eg. Phantasmal Rakling Pet, Copero Jubilee Miniprobe, Phantasmal Mouse Horranth, Phantom Vrake, Etheral Rakling

- If previewing dual wielding blaster pistols, only one of them 'shoots' when you animate the preview.

I'll give it a more thorough look later!

Edit - Quick Tweet thread I did demonstrating the issue: https://twitter.com/Rach_Games/status/1107768416398508033

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Looks a lot better than what we have now. I like the animations your character does when you add a piece on. I would like to see sound effects added to weapons. And I find the play button a little confusing, especially with mounts. It seems you can see flourishes and stuff but it just goes through all the different possible animations and it's not super clear what is what. Also sometimes I expected it to go to the next animation but it'd just reset to the one I was just doing until I clicked it some more. It should either say what the animation is (if it's a flourish, if it's the idle animation, etc.) or have it be a dropdown menu or something that you select from.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Thanks so much for all of the feedback and bug reports from preview window PTS, definitely keep things coming! Two status updates for you...

Bugs - The team has been gathering everything you are reporting and checking it against what we already have noted for the preview window. Look for updates in future PTS patches.

Feedback - We are gathering everything you are raising and are going to be discussing everything. I am hoping to have updates on some of the bigger requests this week (status, possible or not, timing, etc).

Thanks all, like I said, keep it coming.

-eric

Hello Mr Musco, I seem to have run into a problem with copy a character to PTS, there is no option for it, I was successful in downloading and I can access the PTS, there's just no option for me to copy a character to it, from what looked the option should be under the "facebook connect" option but it's not. I have look at the instructions on how to, but the option is not present. Am I missing something?

Hey Eric,

I tested the preview window on the PTS briefly, just wanted to give feedback or a request: is sound going to be part of the preview?

I did not experience it with weapons, so I'm guessing not.

However, sound, specially for lightsabers and guns can be a very important factor, when deciding about purchasing for example from the CM.

So far, we have to resort to third party sites to check out the sounds of weapons.

Would be neat to integrate sounds into the new preview window.

Any feedback, insight on that?

Thanks.

Hey Eric,

I tested the preview window on the PTS briefly, just wanted to give feedback or a request: is sound going to be part of the preview?

I did not experience it with weapons, so I'm guessing not.

However, sound, specially for lightsabers and guns can be a very important factor, when deciding about purchasing for example from the CM.

So far, we have to resort to third party sites to check out the sounds of weapons.

Would be neat to integrate sounds into the new preview window.

Any feedback, insight on that?

Thanks.

I would like to second this, I was excited to see the play button for weapon animation and was hoping for sounds to be a part of the preview. A feature that would be amazing as a QoL style feature would be to add the sound. On my Trooper, the sound each assault cannon makes is a big factor in choosing which one I use.

It is probably beyond the scope of this, the preview would be great to judge sounds of weapons, the ability to slot it different sounds, like changing colors with crystal or tunings, would be amazing.

I like it so far.

Not even sure if it's possible, but what I would like to see is a way to see a list of dyes when the dye slot is clicked on (or a drop down menu somewhere). Unless you have Artifice, you currently have to be standing next to the GTN to see a list of dyes, and sometimes not all of them are listed.

Hello Mr Musco, I seem to have run into a problem with copy a character to PTS, there is no option for it, I was successful in downloading and I can access the PTS, there's just no option for me to copy a character to it, from what looked the option should be under the "facebook connect" option but it's not. I have look at the instructions on how to, but the option is not present. Am I missing something?

I believe they removed that option when the Ossus stuff went up on the PTS in favour of just creating a character and using special vendors to raise your level. Either way, just create a character normally and try out the preview window. The Collections interface gives you plenty of things you can preview even if none of them are unlocked for you to claim.

Thanks for overhauling the preview window. It looks amazing. I love the detailed, accurate rendering. I particularly like the little details of the location-specific animations when you preview gloves, boots, etc.

I didn't notice any bugs so far.

The only extra feature that stands out to me as especially desirable is weapon sound. As others have said, this can make a big difference to the feel of the weapon.

Edited by Estelindis

• Dev Post

Good catch, that was in error. PTS Character Copy is now live.

-eric

• What are you enjoying most about the new preview window? What do you want to see us improve further?

Yes. It's doing what I expect.

I assume the "Paperdoll" is the animated character in the window. HOLYCRAPIT'SSOAWESOMEILOVEITILOVEITILOVEIT!!!!!!!! Ahem. I mean, it is quite good. No but really, I love it. I love the animations or when gear is added. I was hoping maybe the character would react to the pet when placed (like one that has them doing a "how cute!" emote). It looks good. It is nice to have a better looking preview. Oooh, I also love the feature of retracting the items list in the window. And the reset buttons.

The preview of regen items cannot be rotated. That I am sure is a bug. It also doesn't use the equipped color crystal unless the item is already equipped. I'm not broken up about that one though. I'm only mentioning it in case it's supposed to. Otherwise, I don't really care. And an option to unify colors. Just a button. If you open the preview window, zoom in on the face, then preview the first Mood, it will instantly zoom out to default making you have to zoom in again. It stays zoomed in to where you put it after that. Glowing Eyes, Imperial, Republic, and Heroe's banner, and the Senya holostatue cannot be previewed. Same with Ball Toss, and the holo disguises and the doctor Oggurobb holostatue.

I feel like it would be nice to have a preview of having a dye for each piece of gear. Sometimes a certain gear item needs a separate dye module because the chest color setup doesn't make that one item look as good (eg, glove primary purple matches chest secondary purple better than unifying to chest secondary). And some have to use multiple dyes on each piece to make a certain character (like if I were to make a Rebels character or a character from another universe in SWTOR, I'd need different dyes for each item). So that in addition to the unify colors button which uses the chest dye overriding the others (like the character sheet does already). And perhaps drag-and-drop to the already open preview window. Though that last one I don't care about either. It's just one of the bells, whistles, or spinning rims. And the decoration preview window could be brighter. Maybe even a bit bigger, too. It is rather small, especially for large decorations and the understandably limited amount you can zoom in.

Hey folks,

The updated preview window is now available on PTS! Quite literally, we rebuilt it from the ground up so we would love your help in testing it as much as possible. If you find any bugs, please report them in the PTS Bug Reports Forum.

Separately, let's talk about feedback. Since the preview window already existed in game and this is a refactor of it, we want to get your overall thoughts. Here are some questions to keep in mind:

Thanks everyone, we will see you on PTS!

-eric

PS - Guild Heraldry is not functioning on PTS currently. It will be updated in a future build.

Eric if you or any of the team is familiar with nVidia inspector settings (which expose more anti-aliasing settings, etc)., the game looks better overall when 12xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 4x OGMS (D3D only)] is selected compared to 8x multi-sampling, but in the old preview window, caused weird glitching that made it useless (as is the case when any of the "combined" options are selected).

This is what I see in the PTS preview window. Looking rough, no texture filtering / AA rendering regardless of how I play with the settings.

With the live game, while distracting but not horrid, whenever I have the 12xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 4x OGMS (D3D only)] option selected, the interface has minor glitches, most noticeable while channeling abilities, the casting bar segments into little pieces and doesn't render as one unified bar.

The preview window in the live game doesn't render well at all with 12xS selected. SS and MS employed by themselves are fine.

Because of the above issues, I usually run the 8x multi-sampling option along with

0x00000100 AA_MODE_REPLAY_DISALLOW_TRAA for transparency anti-aliasing which is nVidia's pre-defined default for SWTOR (which also solves problems with ambient occlusion when bloom is enabled).

Note #1: For those of you who fiddle with nVidia settings, using SGSSAA with 0x000012C1 set as the DX9 compatibility option is unnecessary if you have the default 0x00000100 AA_MODE_REPLAY_DISALLOW_TRAA method selected (which also requires a heck of a lot less processing overhead). The trade-off is immediately noticeable however in overall AA quality. SGSSAA is superior to the default setting, but as mentioned, burns more of your card in the process. If you have a mid-level card (which I do, the nvidia GTX 1050 TI), the cards stays at 80% capacity with SGSSAA and 45% capacity with the default. It is irritating, but I'd prefer a few more jagged edges than toasting my card, and running it near max nearly all the time isn't good for it, liquid cooling or air cooling aside.

Note #2: For ambient occlusion, I have the game's "enhanced shadows" option turned off and the card's ambient occlusion enabled with performance mode selected (lowest setting). This walks around an issue where there's some AO weirdness with super-sampling with the game's AO turned on (scattered shadows across all surfaces created by some sort of moire artifact between super-sampling trying to render shadows at the same time the AO is rendering).

Note #3: Because I like the in-game bloom, I always have the "enhance" rather than the "override" option selected in nVIdia inspector. Regardless of any other setting, there's always edge burn at the top of the screen if I attempt to override the game settings with inspector settings and still use in-game bloom.

Note 4: I avoid raw super-sampling simply because I want to keep the load on my gpu 45-55%.

---------------

I'll update this post to see how well (or not well) 12xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 4x OGMS (D3D only)] works with the new preview window. More than likely I'll still have to drop back to 8x multi-sampling for overall card performance but we'll see.

===========

PTS Testing

Overall - It's a nice update to the preview window. Didn't see any glaring issues except for the AA/texture filtering in the preview window seems to be either not implemented or lacking a bit. No setting, not even sparse grid super-sampling (SGSS) with its compatibility flag on, affected the new preview window.

Update #1:

1. In the preview window, 12xS combined AA produces no aliasing / texture smoothing at all. GPU running 75%.

AA/Texture filtering is as expected (with glitches) outside the window.

2. It would be nice if companion preview rolled through all companions not just the currently selected one.

Update #2:

1. Also no aliasing texture smoothing in the PTS preview window when using 8x MS in enhance mode. Was the decision made to skip AA in the preview window? It doesn't work in the live window either, unless SS is selected, but super-sampling affects the entire render, not just a portion of it, which is why that works. GPU at 65%.

Update #3:

1. Regardless of the settings I've selected so far, including 8MS/8SS and SGSS, Odessen has no sky. Totally black. Other planets that I checked (Tatooine, Tython, Coruscant, Ord Mantel, Darvanis, Illum, Fleet, Hoth, Ziost) have skies.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Looks great so far.

Something that I would expect but that did not seem to work was for armor pieces with dynamic effects to display those effects (except for a brief instant after equipping the armor piece). For example, the droid on the Battleworn Engineer's Chestguard does not appear, the Wasteland Crusader's Breastplate does not glow on the back-circular thingy, and the Dynamic Brawler's Eyeguard also does not glow. I would expect that just as drawing weapons causes these effects to activate in-game, we would also see this functionality in the preview window.

It would also be pleasant to have separate activation buttons (or perhaps repurpose the "Draw/Stow Weapon" button) for mount flourishes and the mount moving.

Adding on to the previously mentioned issues with toys (inability to rotate during a health/energy restoration item like Orbital Kolto Strike) as well as requests to be able to preview Holostatues, it would be nice to see the ability to preview items like the Dueling Banner, CE Special Edition Flare Gun, Party Jawa, Heroes Banner, and Jawagrams.

Here is when the preview window does not do what I expect:

* While I'm previewing a toy, I can't rotate my view. Depending on the toy, the view is often useless. Sometimes the toy is right up in front, blocking the camera. I have to unpreview, guess which way to move the camera, preview again, etc. A preview window shouldn't be so tedious.

* Not all toys can be previewed. I tried the Party Jawa, for example, but it didn't work.

* I can't zoom in on decorations. You can't zoom past the point where they fill the window. For large decos, they're very tiny and I can't see what I'm looking for. I need to be able to zoom in to where the deco doesn't fully fit in the window.

* I can't slide decorations up and down. For small floor decorations, like the kolto tanks, zooming in just makes them disappear down and out of view. This is the most critical problem I have encountered.

* If I preview an emote, it doesn't say I'm doing an "animation". I can't hit "stop" on the animation to stop doing the emote. I have to start doing the animation and then stop it. In my brain, an emote is an animation, so it's a bit confusing.

* The preview window seems dim, somehow. Darker, less gamma, less color saturation? I couldn't make out dark items, like dark grey armor or decorations. I wish it was a little lighter and that the background color was a lighter shade of grey. (I was on Fleet, no bloom.)

What I enjoy most about the preview window is;

* I can preview things I couldn't see before!

* I can see how an outfit looks on a particular mount, especially important with cloaks and skirts.

* I can preview several elements at the same time.

Edited by Xina_LA

• Dev Post

There are a number of issues that have been reported in this thread I wanted to circle back on and let you know their current status. The following list are targeted to be fixed for 5.10.2 launch, possibly captured in the next PTS patch.

• Cloth physics will display as intended.
  • Correct a variety of issues related to zooming and rotation.
  • Pets being previewed will now show as “equipped” in the preview window.
  • The play button will now have a tooltip.
  • Dual pistol and autocannon animations will no longer loop.
  • Players will get their “dance on” while previewing the Music Therapy Probe.
  • Armor will preview with its currently equipped dye.
  • The reset button will reset moods.
  • Can now un-preview weapons.

I will provide more bug updates as I have them! As a note I am still gathering information around some of the feedback that has been provided and I will try to provide an update early next week.

-eric

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

One thing that I have seen a bit of confusion around is what does the play button actually do in the preview window. Since it has differing functionality depending on what you are previewing I thought a little clarity was in order.

• Mounts – It will play that mount’s flourish if it has one, if not it will show the mount in motion. Pressing it again will stop the mount from moving.
  • Character with weapon drawn – Character will begin an animation set to that weapon type. Pressing it again will stop the animation.
  • Character with weapon sheathed – Character will run in place. Pressing it again will stop the character from running.
  • Character with pet previewed – Both the character and pet will begin running. Pressing it again will stop both from running.

Hope that adds clarity to the intended behaviors of the play button. One note is that there is some inconsistency when pressing the play button for different weapons, mounts, etc because the time that the animation plays is determined by the animation itself and some of them have varying duration.

Thanks all!

-eric