Just came back

Zsavooz

after a a years absence and boy am I lost. I received 13 emails several of which were pilot orange gear. Should I equip that now? TIA!

First, welcome back!

Fancy thing about those pilot suits is they are legacy bound (you can mail them betwen characters) and moddable (you can insert armorings/mods/enhancements in them and upgrade them as you want).

On relevant note:

- For leveling it's preferable buying armorings/mods/enhancements for Basic Commendations (they have increased the amount for class missions - always choose those as reward - and in the same time decreased prices for modifications) and upgrade your armor in this fashion. Vendors are in the Supplies section on the fleet.

- With Outfit designer (in your Character sheet) you can use whatever you want for looks and your actual stats have in different armor - like those pilot suits.

Edited by filnov

after a a years absence and boy am I lost. I received 13 emails several of which were pilot orange gear. Should I equip that now? TIA!

Only if you got the mods to slip in them to bring them up to level.

First, welcome back!

Fancy thing about those pilot suits is they are legacy bound (you can mail them betwen characters) and moddable (you can insert armorings/mods/enhancements in them and upgrade them as you want).

On relevant note:

- For leveling it's preferable buying armorings/mods/enhancements for Basic Commendations (they have increased the amount for class missions - always choose those as reward - and in the same time decreased prices for modifications) and upgrade your armor in this fashion. Vendors are in the Supplies section on the fleet.

- With Outfit designer (in your Character sheet) you can use whatever you want for looks and your actual stats have in different armor - like those pilot suits.

Thank you. It sounds like you're saying get armor they way I used to, using comms.?

With 12xp, most class quests give 10ish comms. For the most part all the mods cost 2 comms now until 55ish i think?

Just remember, you dont need to replace everything every other level, your fine remodding every 5 or so levels.

Also reccomended is getting one of the Cartel Market color crystals off the gtn if you can, you get level 50 bonus at level 10 that way.

Thank you. It sounds like you're saying get armor they way I used to, using comms.?

Make sure you buy the mods on the fleet they are only 2 comms each there so 50 comms to fully upgrade (+50 more if you want to upgrade a companion).

For story mode you only need to upgrade your mods every 7-10 levels (I have personally gone 15 levels between mod upgrades before).

You do not need to upgrade fully, but it's very important to upgrade for companion.

Unless you're doing OP/warzones, you can skip the mods/enhancements at lower levels. Only refresh your weapon barrel/hilt as it determine your weapon rating and gear armorings as it determine armor rating.

This way, you'll save a lot of comms and by doing class quests alone with the exp x12, you'll find yourself with a lot to spare to buy fleet custom weapons and offhands for all your companions.

Those suits are better stats than the gear you first start with and fill the slots you don't have yet. Until you get to fleet and able to purchase some mods to go in them, swap out gear dropped from enemies as they drop something better. If you don't like the look of your Consular running around in a Pilot suit you can use the new outfit designer to keep your character looking their role.