How to defeat Lord Vivicar?

phfph

I dont really remember this fight when i was duoing with my Dad's sage and my Vanguard. but most bosses past level 18 (when all classes get intterupts) will require you to use intterupts or you will either A. Take massive damage or B. Die If your at 32 ish, a Tank Shadow should have roughly 8k - 9k HP. Sages though have much less health. if your a shadow, i would reccomend taking Qyzen or Treek (tank stance) as a DPS because keeping behind a boss as a DPS Shadow is very crucial to allow you to deal your major DPS. Tank should bring Tharan or Treek (heal stance) for the healing. Sage Heals needs Qyzen or Treek (Tank Stance). and DPS can take any, mainly because your a Ranged DPS.

• 1 year later...
I'm leveling up a Jedi Shadow, it took me 3 tries to kill him. I checked around and did what everyone said, Mind Snap, Stun, and Force Wave every time he tried to use an ability. I stayed away from him, using long range attacks and used Deflection, and a Willpower stim. I finally killed him after doing all that. I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put in their 2 cents about this fight, made it a lot easier. :D

I'm leveling up a Jedi Shadow, it took me 3 tries to kill him. I checked around and did what everyone said, Mind Snap, Stun, and Force Wave every time he tried to use an ability. I stayed away from him, using long range attacks and used Deflection, and a Willpower stim. I finally killed him after doing all that. I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put in their 2 cents about this fight, made it a lot easier. :D

Now THAT is a nice necro!

:D

• 5 months later...
As topic says, how do you defeat him.

Hi is only level 32 and about 12500 and kill me whit a Force Crash 8057 damage.

And i am at level 34 6800 so he just kill me at the very begining of the fight

And i am a jedi shadow.

Do i have to wait for this or what to the 40 ish

This is easy.

All you have to do is use your interrupt when he casts it. Your interrupt will be ready again by the time he's recasting it.

• 3 years later...

I'm a lvl. 29 Jedi Shadow and just trying to beat an opponent with an HP level that hasn't given me trouble before. Except whenever I engage Vivicar, Saber Strike and Project (the most basic abilities) are the only abilities that do damage against him. Also I keep hearing that his Force Crush can be stopped by using interrupts, but whenever I cast an interrupt it doesn't work. I heard someone say that I should just run around and use fixed explosives and kolto tanks, but those are nowhere to be found.

My problem is that I'm going in against an opponent with a one-shot kill ability with most of my own abilities seemingly disabled and no equalizing perks in the room for me to use once my companion is too dead to keep healing me. What to do?

I'm a lvl. 29 Jedi Shadow and just trying to beat an opponent with an HP level that hasn't given me trouble before. Except whenever I engage Vivicar, Saber Strike and Project (the most basic abilities) are the only abilities that do damage against him. Also I keep hearing that his Force Crush can be stopped by using interrupts, but whenever I cast an interrupt it doesn't work. I heard someone say that I should just run around and use fixed explosives and kolto tanks, but those are nowhere to be found.

My problem is that I'm going in against an opponent with a one-shot kill ability with most of my own abilities seemingly disabled and no equalizing perks in the room for me to use once my companion is too dead to keep healing me. What to do?

As others in this thread have pointed out, your level is too low to fight him without it being incredibly difficult. Your best option is go to level up and try it again. I can't remember his level off the top of my head (and don't have the time to search the thread to see if it's here somewhere) but generally speaking, if an NPC is 5 levels above your character's level (or more) it's extremely difficult to hit them, let alone do meaningful damage quickly enough to kill them before they kill your companion and you. I'd suggest running some heroics to get yourself closer to his level (which will also net you some gear).

• 1 year later...

that sad..for sure you are no longer active playing swtor

• 1 year later...
I beat him at LVL 26, all you have to do is hide yourself, because he can't use his forcecrush spell on you if he doesn't see you, it resets the spell channeling time but applies spell cooldown time.

Dunno. I've always found it effective to just hit him until he falls over and doesn't get up again.