Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is complete and utter nonsense that the toggle is difficult to implement, since we've known from the start that certain pieces of headgear, as well as playing a Twi'lek, knock the hood off. The functionality has been in game since launch. However, they've made certain non-visor headbands remove the hood now, so I'm somewhat satisfied. I won't post which ones because if it was non-intentional, they might "fix" it and screw us over.

They are probably working on some stupid hood UP or DOWN toggle, which does require a lot of work because they'd have to make hood up and down art for every single hooded robe, and do a lot of extra coding to boot. IMO, this is a lot of work that's completely unnecessary. They seem intent on going down this road though. This pig-headed insistence that they must do hood UP or DOWN and not ON or OFF has robbed us players of much desired and easy to implement functionality for over a YEAR now.

What they should do is add in an adaptive armor head piece similar to all those "naked" or "invisible" armor pieces from the Cartel packs that knocks the hood off but has no actual graphic (e.g., the Covert Torso). It should be as cheap and common as those naked armor pieces as well. This would effectively be a hood ON or OFF toggle. But I guess I might have to be satisfied with my headbands and visors.

I don't need my character to animate the whole putting hood up or down! I just want the hood up attached to the armor switch into hood down details. They surely have means to do it. The headpieces which are removing hoods are proof that the hoods are completely separate details from the chest pieces.

i feel the same way. creating an animation for it is totally unnecessary and just complicates the sith out of an otherwise simple feature. if the volume of hooded gear is a problem, then make it so only moddable ones can switch between the up/down hoods.

Okay. Something is not right here. I totally feel discriminated against.

sgr demanders got what they wanted and it's gonna cost them 10 quid and involve so much other new content. And it's gonna be available to all their characters.

All of us who wanted hood down robes are forced to pay 15 quid for a single item set which is legacy bound!

Come on, we were even given eta for hood toggle and sgr not only makes it quicker but cheaper. What the heck? I feel discriminated! Can we get some fashion activists to start writing letters to Bioware and stuff?

Pretty sure sgr proponents wanted it for companions, not hitting on random_npc01 for a quickie on an "expansion" planet that you see once and then never again, so no, they didnt really get what they wanted.

Need to let that one go, man...

Edited by Polebreaker

I'm not entirely convinced there wasnt something going on between 3po and r2...

R2 still prefered to stick its thing into holes in the walls.... BUT this is a hood toggle thread! Don't bring this in here. Let's be the ones with dignity and not talk about anyones bedroom-time preferences. Keep this thread clean and keep the censors away. :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

WE really need this, forget about SGR! Like Alec said, hood down robes were in the movies, but THERE WAS NO SGR! Thinking of making a jedi alt, but i don't want him to look bad in a hood up robe.

I believe we are at page 95 now?

We are, but they are no longer responding to 100 page threads anymore! There is a band aid which is a Valiant armor but it's so expensive. There is so much good-looking existing gear which can be enhanced with the hood toggle. I'd probably keep wearing my battle expulsor's chest guard from Coruscant story arc if I could toggle the head.

I unsubbed halfway through the year because of this issue. I had slowly been playing through my JK's story, waiting for a hood toggle, but after getting nothing after so many months, and so much other useless and unwanted content was produced instead, I just unsubbed and figured I'd come back if/when it was fixed and finish the story and check out endgame stuff.

I've been checking the forums every month or so for updates on this, and I checked in again once the game became F2P. I subbed again for one month to claim my cartel coins (the fact you have to do that was a pretty dirty bait-and-switch tactic IMO), and lo and behold, still no hood toggle. One or two items you have to pay real money for really don't count - to suggest this is a solution is insulting. We were promised a fix, and yet they continued to use hood down models in marketing materials while losing subscribers over the issue. With this, and the current state of the F2P model, it seems to me like Bioware are making one bad decision after another and are not really listening to their ever decreasing number of fans.

Oh, and I see the companion weapon bug is still not fixed. That says a lot.

Edited by ploKOOL

I unsubbed halfway through the year because of this issue. I had slowly been playing through my JK's story, waiting for a hood toggle, but after getting nothing after so many months, and so much other useless and unwanted content was produced instead, I just unsubbed and figured I'd come back if/when it was fixed and finish the story and check out endgame stuff.

I've been checking the forums every month or so for updates on this, and I checked in again once the game became F2P. I subbed again for one month to claim my cartel coins (the fact you have to do that was a pretty dirty bait-and-switch tactic IMO), and lo and behold, still no hood toggle. One or two items you have to pay real money for really don't count - to suggest this is a solution is insulting. We were promised a fix, and yet they continued to use hood down models in marketing materials while losing subscribers over the issue. With this, and the current state of the F2P model, it seems to me like Bioware are making one bad decision after another and are not really listening to their ever decreasing number of fans.

Oh, and I see the companion weapon bug is still not fixed. That says a lot.

Could someone email this to eaware?

Could someone email this to eaware?

He's not the only one who unsubbed because of it. Trust me. PloKool, you are more than welcome to voice our opinion on the matter you've mentioned in my signature thread. It's a large compilation with nearly all advertised armor looks for player classes and none of them is available to us. Such nice sets were advertised and we keep getting this trash instead http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/formatted/492011/372df45a-c34e-4a8e-9fea-1f6eb6e76c91.jpg

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well, we finally got our 2nd good looking hood down robe added to the game... and of course, its a cartel pack exclusive.

Between this, the perpetually delayed hood toggle, the inexplicable absence of advertised in-game JK armor sets, Kira's lightsaber bug, and the reintroduction of common low-level armor designs in the CM for USD 15...

Utterly shameful.