Leveling up too slow

aresnicCat

Hello, I'm pretty new to the game and I don't think I am leveling up fast enough. For instance, I just hit level 22 but my story is taking me to Tatooine which recommends I be level 24. I Do all side quests and space battles but Its to not be enough. I don't do many group quests because I none of my friends have purchased the full game yet. Is there anyway I can level faster in order to keep up with the story line? :jawa_frown:

Usually if you did all the side quests at the level your suppose to do them at, you should be slightly over level, not under. You probably missed some parts of the Taris Quest (if Republic) or Balmorra (if Imperial). Also recommend doing some flashpoints and 1-49 PVP to make up the difference. Edited by JediMasterBurst

Are you a stealth class? If you really did everything, you should be over leveled. If you stealth pass combat then you don't get all the XP that is possible. Also, be sure you are doing all the bonus quests that open up (kill x of y). Sometimes if you go right to the main objective, the bonus is cancelled. There are also the planet bonus series for Balmorra (Imp) and Taris(Rep). Be sure you didn't miss them. Edited by Owsley

Yea man, you must have missed some stuff. Even if you're only playing solo and not doing Heroics you should be at least a level ahead of the minimum when you get to each planet. Maybe you overlooked something.

Have you used the group finder to do any flash points? That's a good way to get some experience and decent gear. Also, like you said, space missions are good for experience and also PvP warzones are decent.

Good luck :)

Edited by roblinb

Are you a stealth class? If you really did everything, you should be over leveled. If you stealth pass combat then you don't get all the XP that is possible. Also, be sure you are doing all the bonus quests that open up (kill x of y). Sometimes if you go right to the main objective, the bonus is cancelled. There are also the planet bonus series for Balmorra (Imp) and Taris(Rep). Be sure you didn't miss them.

Yes I am a jedi shadow so I do stealth past a lot of npcs when I dont want to confront them. I try to do bonus missions and right now im doing the Taris bonus series.

Yea man, you must have missed some stuff. Even if you're only playing solo and not doing Heroics you should be at least a level ahead of the minimum when you get to each planet. Maybe you overlooked something.

Have you used the group finder to do any flash points? That's a good way to get some experience and decent gear. Also, like you said, space missions are good for experience and also PvP warzones are decent.

Good luck :)

No I haven't used group finder... and this might sound dumb but are flash points like group missions?

No I haven't used group finder... and this might sound dumb but are flash points like group missions?

Most are, but the FP(2) can be done with you and your companion. FP(2+) can also be soloed if you are a few levels above it and properly geared, but it will be more of a challenge. FP(4) require multiple players.

Most are, but the FP(2) can be done with you and your companion. FP(2+) can also be soloed if you are a few levels above it and properly geared, but it will be more of a challenge. FP(4) require multiple players.

So these FPs, are they the only way to get "properly geared"? Does gear include your weapon? Cause I have yet to find a good double sided lightsaber that I can modify

So these FPs, are they the only way to get "properly geared"? Does gear include your weapon? Cause I have yet to find a good double sided lightsaber that I can modify

No, you get decent loot drops from your class missions as well as others. You can also upgrade your mods with planet commendations. You should be looking for orange gear, on which you can upgrade the componants.. You can get a DB lightsaber (orange) from your capital world commendation vendor. All class weapons are available on this vendor. After you have an orange piece of equipment, buy upgraded mods on the GTN, craft them, or use your planetary commendation to purchase them. BTW when you selected your advance class, you should have recieved a modifiable DB lightsaber. I hope you didn't sell it.

At end game (lvl 50) HM FPs, Ops, and running Dailies are the really the only way to upgrade for PvE. While leveling, FPs are totaly optional, although they do drop good gear.

Edited by Owsley

You got a modifiable saber staff when you chose your advanced class.

If you do not like the looks or whatever, that is one thing, but you have a moddable saber unless you sold it or dropped it.

Edited by Mithros

Pretty sure you missed some missions somewhere because my Gunslinger has done ever mission including the bonus missions but I didnt run any Heroics except on the homeworld I did all of those and by the time I left Nar Shaddaa My Gunslinger just flipped to level 26, If I remember right when I was on Tatoonie I was about a level over than what it said I should be...

If I where you I would go back and see if you did all the missions or missed any bonus missions or if worse came to worse you can run a few flash points or run a some pvp (Warzone) :cool::D

Edited by Legolose

What is this nonsense?

There are no such things as FP(2+)

All flashpoints are 4-man (well with one exception for the storymode only of the first fp on each side which has been listed as group 2)

What is this nonsense?

There are no such things as FP(2+)

All flashpoints are 4-man (well with one exception for the storymode only of the first fp on each side which has been listed as group 2)

You are correct. I was thinking about Heroics when I wrote this. :o

I have that problem with my Shadow its lvl 21 but finished with the class story on Nar Shadda so I plan to do all the side missions on Nar Shadda before moving on. Otherwise do the flashpoints everytime your teamed up with even one person the amount of xp per kill is increased. Also do the Heroics as well they offer good xp also sometimes good gear and good Darkside or lightside points as well.

Hello, I'm pretty new to the game and I don't think I am leveling up fast enough. For instance, I just hit level 22 but my story is taking me to Tatooine which recommends I be level 24. I Do all side quests and space battles but Its to not be enough. I don't do many group quests because I none of my friends have purchased the full game yet. Is there anyway I can level faster in order to keep up with the story line? :jawa_frown:

I would recommend using the group finder to do flashpoints. They are repeatable, give good xp, good loot, social points, and best of all, GF keeps them current automatically. It's not until you hit 50 and start on hard mode fp's that you are limited to once per day per fp.

I would recommend using the group finder to do flashpoints. They are repeatable, give good xp, good loot, social points, and best of all, GF keeps them current automatically. It's not until you hit 50 and start on hard mode fp's that you are limited to once per day per fp.

Actually your are incorrect about the HM FP's being limited to running each of them only once a day. I think it was in 1.2 they changed it to where you can run each of them as many times as you want a day.