Blaster Rifle vs Sniper Rifle for a Sniper

OKandrew

There might be abilities that will require 'Sniper Rifle' that won't activate or work if you equip a Blaster Rifle. There are similar distinctions with Duel wielding and single or double blade lightsabers.

There might be abilities that will require 'Sniper Rifle' that won't activate or work if you equip a Blaster Rifle. There are similar distinctions with Duel wielding and single or double blade lightsabers.

No, they all work the same, just less damage with the blaster. Just as the first responder said. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
A blaster rifle with the same barrel as a sniper rifle does less weapon damage than the sniper rifle.

Does this influence only on rapid shoots, or all my abilities will do less damage?

Does this influence only on rapid shoots, or all my abilities will do less damage?

No your tech abilities are not ettected as they each have their own damage range (See their tool tip) it basically effects the base attack damage that is a little lower for the same mods with blaster rifle compared to a sniper rifle.

I am not entirely sure if a blaster rifle fires the standard shot out just a tiny bit quicker to compensate. Basicaly the difference you will notice is very marginal since for the most part you will be using more tech abilities.

Remember the damage you do also depends on the armour and absorb ratings of the mobs and some mobs will have sheilds so will take longer to kill using the same attacks, so the numbers you see when you hit mobs unless a critical white hit can well often be a little lower than the damage range they state. This not forgetting if your accurancy is below 100% you have small chance to miss altogether and the mobs defence rating which can give a small chance to parry or dodge the attack altogether. You need to also take into account any buff abilities you and the mob has active aswell, so calculating the actual damage done is quite complex.

No, they all work the same, just less damage with the blaster. Just as the first responder said. Thanks.
No. The previous poster is correct. Abilities that say "Requires <weapon type>" will not work at all if you do not have the correct weapon equipped. You will just get an error message saying, "Required weapon not equipped."

Most abilities will still work, yes, but the ones that require a sniper rifle will not work if you have a blaster rifle equipped.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

No. The previous poster is correct. Abilities that say "Requires <weapon type>" will not work at all if you do not have the correct weapon equipped. You will just get an error message saying, "Required weapon not equipped."

Most abilities will still work, yes, but the ones that require a sniper rifle will not work if you have a blaster rifle equipped.

Actually he was correct, there are no abilities that a Sniper has that state require a Sniper Rifle, however plenty of them state that they require Cover to use.

Actually he was correct, there are no abilities that a Sniper has that state require a Sniper Rifle, however plenty of them state that they require Cover to use.
How odd.

Most advanced classes with a class-specific weapon also have abilities that require that specific weapon. Didn't realize the sniper had no abilities that actually require a sniper rifle. Too bad the other poster did not make that clear. I thought they were saying abilities that require a sniper rifle would just do less damage if you didn't have a sniper rifle equipped, not that snipers had no abilities that require a sniper rifle. I stand corrected.