Turn off expertise from non WZ areas

obeahtremere

I believe that some actually like ganking. [Cynism]It's a sign of power.[/Cynism]

Yes some do like ganking. Why else would you have stealth classes ? The problem is the Op chose a pvp server. It clearly states PVP it warns you this could happen. Coming here to complain about it will get you no support from the pvp community.

Yes some do like ganking. Why else would you have stealth classes ? The problem is the Op chose a pvp server. It clearly states PVP it warns you this could happen. Coming here to complain about it will get you no support from the pvp community.

this exactly. And his "suggestion" to have expertise turned off in open world because getting high teir pve gear is "harder" and therefore should be more effective than actual pvp gear (while I notice that the guy said nothing about turning off flagging for pvp which means he just wants to be able to gank anyone he wants in his pve gear), coupled with the fact the guy had the audacity to say that people on pvp server mostly pve and the fact that the op clearly did not read some of the warnings when joining a pvp server is truly one of the funniest and saddest things I have seen in my time on the forums.

No. Move to a PVE server.

Edit: Also, let me add that anytime I have ever killed anyone in a daily area, some random planet such as Oricon, blackhole, section x whereever it may have been. Mainly Black Hole and Section x, it was because I was already there. I saw them. I attacked them. I either won, or loss. I was in full PVP gear because well, I don't own PVE gear on most of my guys and if I did I really couldn't be bothered to actually change for dailies. Something my PVP gear would easily carry me through.

So, this whole myth of people sitting around waiting is just retarded. Not once in the two years have I ever seen people actually sit around and wait for someone to gank. They might go cruising around looking for some pvp. But I have never seen people actually camp and wait.

I do that.. there's plenty of places to sit and wait for some unsuspecting slob to wander in to...

my thought on the matter: PvP gear should almost be mandatory on a PvP server. there is no reason to not have at least the stock gear (non min/maxed). now if you excuse me im gonna go over to the operations forum and QQ about how NiM geared players have better stats then me.

I'm going to guess that this thread was inspired by you getting ganked by an operative while doing your dailies.

If you don't like it, then either get your own PvP gear or transfer to a non-PvP server.

This

Unfortunatellt thats the way it is, i did that and transfered all my 8 characters to a PVE server and then got bored to hell, transfered back to the pot5 and im currently in the process of giving all my toons pvp gear so i can do pvp and pve content

What i think is that those with best pvp gear should be able to do the best pve content as well but thats just my opinion

OW is the only place that expertise matters fully. In wzs expertise is muffled by bolster. It needs to stay relevant.

Or remove expertise completely from the game - I would not oppose that but know a lot of pvers that would be angry if pvp rewarded competitive pve gear (a requirement for removing expertise). Just last night in a random lvl 50 hm on a pvp server someone asked why pvp gear was better than classic gear....

Edited by Savej

OW is the only place that expertise matters fully. In wzs expertise is muffled by bolster. It needs to stay relevant.

Or remove expertise completely from the game - I would not oppose that but know a lot of pvers that would be angry if pvp rewarded competitive pve gear (a requirement for removing expertise). Just last night in a random lvl 50 hm on a pvp server someone asked why pvp gear was better than classic gear....

how about removing BOLSTER from 55 warzones?

PvE gear already gets bolster in wzs. Now you want PvE gear to be vastly superior to PvP gear outside of wzs?

on pvp servers best of all so that way pve players like the op can easily gank the guys who took the time to get pvp gear, with his justification being that "most players on pvp servers only play pve" and that nightmare mode gear is a lot harder to get than to grind warzones, even though warzone gear would not stand up in a nightmare mode op so I do not get honestly why he feels that pve has to have more of an advantage beyond pve situations.

Lol pvers complaining about pvp gear on a pvp server makes the argument invalid. Should pvers be able to do casual pvp? Yes. Should pvpers be able to do casual pve? Yes. Can you run an hm op in pvp gear and be beneficial? No. Can you do ranked in pve gear and be beneficial? No.

Why the tears?

Edited by Ld-Siris