Operations commendation vendors for droids

VulcanLogic

Heya,

I play a sniper and my favorite companion is SCORPIO. Unfortunately, gearing a droid is prohibitively expensive, if you want that companion to be as effective as your other companions, who can simply put on campaign/rakata/columi/tionese. Like everyone else, my leftover commendations, greed rolled operations drops, and hand me downs go to my companions. However, you really can't do that with droids, as their equipment does not match up. After 1.2, you cannot transfer operations level gear armoring to Custom (orange) droid gear. The UI won't let you. And even though the mods and enhancements can be transferred, you have to pull 'em and there's a pretty steep cost for it on droids where there is none required for the humanoids.

I'd like to use SCORPIO but Kaliyo just has more gear, and will ALWAYS have better gear. This will only get worse as itemlevels increase with newly released content. And it is disappointing, because I have been trying to shed Kaliyo since level 8. So here's my suggestion. A droid vendor stocked with droid gear of the same itemlevel. I'm talking Campaign, Blackhole, Rakata, Columi, and Tionese. Cores, parts, motors, Sensor Unit, the works. Something to spend those coms or ops tokens on for the droids.

Also, allow cybertechs to RE all of the gear so that they can make augmented droid gear for those who really love their droids. Elise from Dantooine would approve.

Edited by VulcanLogic

As a op, I also prefer scorpio. I would use Dr Lokin but he changes to human form when we stealth. All the other companions are ranged so you get mobs spread out. Kill one mob? Well chances are, the other mob is a few seconds of walking distance away. With scorpio at least the mobs will be in on spot.

You know, I had an epiphany last night while trying to decide which piece of black hole gear to buy first because the armorings have no set bonus. I'll buy the gloves for my sniper, and pay the 33k to test it out and see if the armoring will transfer to a droid custom core. If it does, then yeah, I can get a fully tricked out SCORPIO, but it's still going to cost about 850,000 more credits than putting the same gear on Kaliyo, due to all the parts I'll need to pull and move over from armor pieces to droid parts. Edited by VulcanLogic

• 4 weeks later...
Nothing in the 1.3 patch notes about this. Given that HK is up for 1.3, Bioware should very seriously consider making it as easy to gear droid companions as their other companions, or it won't just be me talking about it in suggestions, it's going to be all over the general.

Totally agree. I'm using Forex as my main companion for my trooper since I got him(love him to bits, he's awesome <3), but now when my trooper is 50 I fear I'll have to switch to Tanno Vik soon just because I can keep him better geared than Forex and as a healer, I prefer having tank companion.

And I hate Tanno Vik with passion (would take Fuse over him any time if I had a chance), his only use is crit chance on UT and I'd prefer to keep him as mission slave instead of having him with me.

So yeah, either give tiered droid schematics to cybertech trainers or add droid parts to vendors.

Yes, right now only three classes of eight have droid companions, and those classes are not the most popular in the game, but with addition of HK-51 the problem will become more pressing.

Created a thread about this a while ago... not sure if I submitted a bug report or not but I have to agree. All other companions can be geared up but the best poor SCORPIO can use right now are the 7 daily commendation armoring mods available on Illum and Belsavis.

The only other option that *may* be possible is to find a cybertech to RE higher grade armor mods until they learn the schematic. I'm hoping those would at least not be slot specific. However, I expect the mats to create them would make these items outrageously expensive for companion gear.

Sadly, this problem won't receive a lot of attention because there are only two classes that actually have useable droid companions: Imperial Agent & Trooper. No one brings their ship droid into battle and if they do its only until their healer companion is available.

Is there any way to adjust the armor mods to they will fit into the roughly equivalent droid part slot?

Helm > Sensor Unit

Chest > Core

Legs > Motor

Feet > Parts

It's still not a perfect 1:1 but it would certainly help.

Edited by Drakalu
Add suggested fix from a previous post

/Sign

Absolutely agree..

Currently i have most my companions on my trooper geared out in Columi / Rakata and 4X is the one lagging behind, i have the tokens to spend but dont want the 600k+ bill to do it.

I love him, but not that much.

Vendor would be nice, for tionesse columi and rakata droid equipment:-)

On a side note, can we also get some Columi Rakata rated Melee weapons, I have Tano, and Yunn that use these and no way of purchasing any as they cant use sabers.

Edited by Nippon

Created a thread about this a while ago... not sure if I submitted a bug report or not but I have to agree. All other companions can be geared up but the best poor SCORPIO can use right now are the 7 daily commendation armoring mods available on Illum and Belsavis.

The only other option that *may* be possible is to find a cybertech to RE higher grade armor mods until they learn the schematic. I'm hoping those would at least not be slot specific. However, I expect the mats to create them would make these items outrageously expensive for companion gear.

Sadly, this problem won't receive a lot of attention because there are only two classes that actually have useable droid companions: Imperial Agent & Trooper. No one brings their ship droid into battle and if they do its only until their healer companion is available.

Is there any way to adjust the armor mods to they will fit into the roughly equivalent droid part slot?

Helm > Sensor Unit

Chest > Core

Legs > Motor

Feet > Parts

It's still not a perfect 1:1 but it would certainly help.

T7-01

M1- 4X

C2-N2

Personally the droid ship is actually a half decent healer, used him on my smuggy to level as you dont get your Guss till 40 ish.

Well, you can have an armstech make an augmented Aim melee weapon (techblade and techstaff), and then transfer all parts from a columi or rakata trooper/bounty hunter weapon and that does work, though at rakata item level it will cost you over 150,000 credits to do so. I did that for SCORPIO only to find out later that the armorings were useless for her. But yeah, add weapons to the list because as previously mentioned, Kaliyo gets to use that Rakata blaster at a cost of zero (just equip it).

• 3 weeks later...

I have T7, and I don't really use him- but (avoiding spoilers) the JK final mission for story NEEDS T7. So for most players, he's a useless bucket of bolts. Bioware noticed this, and I believe in 1.1, they added a puzzle in the area before the big boss fight. If you do the puzzle, you get to open a chest; awarding a bunch of T7 stuff.

Needless to say, gearing droids is so hard, Bioware had to add a chest, just for droid parts.

I give full support, but ONLY for HK-51!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the suggestion. Personally I love my 4X, used him all the time on my trooper up to lvl 50. Now, I have cybertech on my trooper, and I have crafted a complete kit for 4X, and the purple crafted droid armour is actually pretty good for 4X.

Yesterday I purchased a complete Tionese kit for Tanno to compare the stats, and purple crafted droid armour is actually about on par with Tionese, maybe the crafted is just a tad bit worse. I have yet to bring out Tanno for some serious playing in his new kit, I mainly play with Yuun (mdps) and me healing. What I fear, is that Tanno will now have a better kit than 4X, and the difference will become greater as time goes by. This because 4X now has the best kit he can get from my crafting, but Tanno can still be upgraded by comms, leftovers, random drops greed rolled etc. This growing imbalance should be looked at by the developers.

So, an immediate workaround for you guys would be to get a Cybertech crafter to craft purple redoubt droid armour for you. This armour is at least comparable to a Tionese tank kit. The main problem here is that it is insanely expensive to get the recipes for purple, materials wise, and also very expensive to craft. Therefore I never bothered to premake any sets to sell on the GTN, figuring nobody would pay enough to cover the crafting costs. Msg me on Nightmare Lands (EU), Dudley if you are interested in trying the purple armour set for droids.

I agree with the suggestion. Personally I love my 4X, used him all the time on my trooper up to lvl 50. Now, I have cybertech on my trooper, and I have crafted a complete kit for 4X, and the purple crafted droid armour is actually pretty good for 4X.

Yesterday I purchased a complete Tionese kit for Tanno to compare the stats, and purple crafted droid armour is actually about on par with Tionese, maybe the crafted is just a tad bit worse. I have yet to bring out Tanno for some serious playing in his new kit, I mainly play with Yuun (mdps) and me healing. What I fear, is that Tanno will now have a better kit than 4X, and the difference will become greater as time goes by. This because 4X now has the best kit he can get from my crafting, but Tanno can still be upgraded by comms, leftovers, random drops greed rolled etc. This growing imbalance should be looked at by the developers.

So, an immediate workaround for you guys would be to get a Cybertech crafter to craft purple redoubt droid armour for you. This armour is at least comparable to a Tionese tank kit. The main problem here is that it is insanely expensive to get the recipes for purple, materials wise, and also very expensive to craft. Therefore I never bothered to premake any sets to sell on the GTN, figuring nobody would pay enough to cover the crafting costs. Msg me on Nightmare Lands (EU), Dudley if you are interested in trying the purple armour set for droids.

Hey, I crafted a complete set of custom parts, motors, cores, and a sensor unit for my SCORPIO with my cybertech. She's wearing it now, complete with a full set of purple shield and absorb augments. The problem is I cannot transfer in any armorings from raid gear, as they only work in their original slot locations (head, chest, legs...none of which can be worn by droids who use motors, parts, etc). Instead she's going to be wearing the level 50 armorings from dailies, which is rather lame and puts her behind my Kaliyo, who is in fact in full rakata. In two weeks when I get my last campaign piece, because I clear HM EC every week, the extra coms will be going to Kaliyo's black hole gear. Which sucks, because I prefer SCORPIO.

While I can move mods and enhancements from raid gear at a cost of millions of credits, and buy item level 61 commando armorings at 500k a pop, I've decided not to waste that much energy on it when I can just slap a campaign or black hole piece on Kaliyo at no cost other than black hole coms at worst (and free greed rolls at best). This is why droids need their own commendations vendors, so I can spend my extras on the droids cost effectively rather than the cost of almost every legacy upgrade in the game.

Edited by VulcanLogic

• 2 weeks later...
Heya,

I play a sniper and my favorite companion is SCORPIO. Unfortunately, gearing a droid is prohibitively expensive, if you want that companion to be as effective as your other companions, who can simply put on campaign/rakata/columi/tionese. Like everyone else, my leftover commendations, greed rolled operations drops, and hand me downs go to my companions. However, you really can't do that with droids, as their equipment does not match up. After 1.2, you cannot transfer operations level gear armoring to Custom (orange) droid gear. The UI won't let you. And even though the mods and enhancements can be transferred, you have to pull 'em and there's a pretty steep cost for it on droids where there is none required for the humanoids.

I'd like to use SCORPIO but Kaliyo just has more gear, and will ALWAYS have better gear. This will only get worse as itemlevels increase with newly released content. And it is disappointing, because I have been trying to shed Kaliyo since level 8. So here's my suggestion. A droid vendor stocked with droid gear of the same itemlevel. I'm talking Campaign, Blackhole, Rakata, Columi, and Tionese. Cores, parts, motors, Sensor Unit, the works. Something to spend those coms or ops tokens on for the droids.

Also, allow cybertechs to RE all of the gear so that they can make augmented droid gear for those who really love their droids. Elise from Dantooine would approve.

Agree.

Id like to see a Tionesse and Columi Vendor, and have it work a bit like the War Hero PVP stuff, IE: You buy a Columi Core and then to obtain a Rakata Core you trade the Columi in and say 15 Columi Tokens.

Most my companions are now in Columi or Rakata, so gonna need something to spend them on sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...

/agree

As a cybertech, I was able to keep SCORPIO relevant at first with crafted purples (which, btw, are underpowered relative to other artifact-grade crafted gear), but now I have all of my other companions in columi sets so SCORPIO gets left behind regardless.

In lieu of a endgame droid vendor, I should be able to pull armoring from endgame sets and slot it in droid gear. It's only fair.

In lieu of a endgame droid vendor, I should be able to pull armoring from endgame sets and slot it in droid gear. It's only fair.

Well, that and reduce the cost of parting out the pieces. A droid com vendor gets around the cost of pulling armorings, mods, and enhancements. Doing this from black hole gear is painfully expensive, especially when it would have to be done at every upgrade, whereas the com vendor would give you a place to spend coms that your droid can simply equip (you know, like all your humanoid companions can do). I'd like to see costs cut from mod pulling by at least another 70%.

• 3 weeks later...