Wins vs Played matches

Skoots

This is speaking to the Devs, i dont give a **** what the people in the forums think, so I will state my case and most likely close the browser, trolls can argue amung themselves, i am just hoping devs will see this since this is apparently the only place we can give them feedback.

Pvp would much more enjoyable for people who have busy days if they changed the dailies to "Matches played" instead of "Matches won" so it haves people play full matches and that is all thats required.

I myself spent 2 hours trying to get a win playing full games and didnt get any and being a new level 50, my gear is crap being stacked against people who have gotten lucky with champion bags.

So the most effective way to get quick wins is just leaving and joining until you get a win which is what i do and I'm sure many people do. I know this isnt popular and it makes people QQ but when you are farming wins, no point in staying in a clearly lost game.

All i want to do is log on and get my daily done and go back to a busy life, not be super competitive in between my shifts.

This is speaking to the Devs, i dont give a **** what the people in the forums think, so I will state my case and most likely close the browser, trolls can argue amung themselves, i am just hoping devs will see this since this is apparently the only place we can give them feedback.

Pvp would much more enjoyable for people who have busy days if they changed the dailies to "Matches played" instead of "Matches won" so it haves people play full matches and that is all thats required.

I myself spent 2 hours trying to get a win playing full games and didnt get any and being a new level 50, my gear is crap being stacked against people who have gotten lucky with champion bags.

So the most effective way to get quick wins is just leaving and joining until you get a win which is what i do and I'm sure many people do. I know this isnt popular and it makes people QQ but when you are farming wins, no point in staying in a clearly lost game.

All i want to do is log on and get my daily done and go back to a busy life, not be super competitive in between my shifts.

That will just make nobody competitive and it won't be fun anymore.

My suggestion is wait for 1.2 to come out in March (just a month or two away, depending on when in March it's out) with the ranked warzones. THEN maybe make the daily be ~8 matches played in non-ranked warzones, OR ~2 wins in ranked, or something like that.

You mean as fun and competitive as i had it today with 7 wins but only 2 counted to dailys?

I'm not referring to the matches that don't count. I'm referring to the matches that you lost. If nobody cared to win, and there was no real incentive to win, it would not be fun for those of us who are competitive about winning.

Start grouping with guildies, the more you play with them, the more you learn how they play and you can start winning more and more. There's a group of 3 of us (doesn't matter who the 4th is, as long as they listen to vent) and we win 6-0 huttball in 5 mins in 5/6 matches. We win Voidstar and Turrets probably about 4/6. It's all about teamwork, which for some reason, the SWTOR community doesn't get. 4 good players can carry 4 bad players to a victory.

I'm not referring to the matches that don't count. I'm referring to the matches that you lost. If nobody cared to win, and there was no real incentive to win, it would not be fun for those of us who are competitive about winning.

Start grouping with guildies, the more you play with them, the more you learn how they play and you can start winning more and more. There's a group of 3 of us (doesn't matter who the 4th is, as long as they listen to vent) and we win 6-0 huttball in 5 mins in 5/6 matches. We win Voidstar and Turrets probably about 4/6. It's all about teamwork, which for some reason, the SWTOR community doesn't get. 4 good players can carry 4 bad players to a victory.

This happened the other day and I almost crapped my pants.

Alderaan.

4 of my guild, 4 pugs. I stated I was going west, asked people to ignore mid go right and use the speeders if they die to go directly back.

We were up against a republic at least 4 man premade.

THEY LISTENED. for the first time ever in the history of ever, PUGS listened. Won 300-0. It was glorious. We even 3 capped them a few times as they would all rush east or west.

I about cried when it was over, so happy with people that actually knew what they were doing. Its like winning like $500 from a slot machine when you just put in a nickle and said "what the hell."

Never gonna get that high again

I agree. Maybe just increase the amount required for matches played. For example, instead of having a quest requiring three matches won have a quest requiring 6-9 matches played.

Let the ranked system provide competitiveness; have the dailies system provide a steady (and consistent) path to new gear and weapons.

I posted something simular to the OP about a week ago. It is VERY frustrating when you first ding 50 and go intio PVP but there's something to be said for werking for your rewards. It really doesn't takke that long to gear up and with every piece you get you'll feel your character becoming more powerful. Gear is a reward for playing and you get it faster if you're winning. That's just kinda how it goes man. Good luck!