List of Current End-Game Exotic Materials, Sources, and Associated Mods

DawnAskham

Are there any resources with information on current end-game materials, their sources, and the mods / rating levels used to craft?

Since I just returned, I don't personally have any schematics beyond 230 / 234 (which just use some crew skill mats and the blue mat I had from last year) - yet I have like four or five different purple materials in my inventory (and the gold augment schematics I bought from the trainer even use a purple material I don't have - Iokath something).

Edit to add: Things I have but have no idea how they are used include...

Void Matter Catalyst

Refined Isotope Stabilizer

Superior Resource Matrix

Charged Matter Transsomethinganother

Encrypted Memory Core

I have augment schematics that use some of these, and I have some schematics from last year that use the isotope, but most of this stuff I don't have any schematics nor a clue as to what it is used to craft.

Edited by DawnAskham

Void Matter Catalyst

Refined Isotope Stabilizer

Superior Resource Matrix

Charged Matter Transsomethinganother

Encrypted Memory Core

Incomplete list of sources:

VMCs drop from Ops bosses

RISes drop from some level or other of FP bosses (but not story/veteran Black Talon/Esseles)

SRMs seem mostly to show up in Conquest rewards

CMTs and EMCs drop from Command Crates on a fairly rare basis.

One of CMTs and EMCs drops from Ranked PvP rewards, and the other from, I believe, Master mode Ops or something silly like that.

All are grade 10 crafting materials. CMTs and EMCs are required when crafting the new 236 Augments.

VMC drop off Ops bosses and are used to craft item modifications: 234, 240, 246 barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements.

RIS drop from some level or other of FP bosses (but not story/veteran Black Talon/Esseles) and are used to craft everything end game (ratings 230, 234, 240, and 246) EXCEPT the new rating 236 augments

SRM are only available from personal conquest goal and are used to craft equipment: 234, 240, 246 armor (i.e. chest helmet bracers etc) and "left side" (ear, implant, relic)

CMTs and EMCs drop from Command Crates on a fairly rare basis (although anecdotal evidence leads to the possibility they drop more in tier 1-3 crates. CMTs are also available by completing the daily and weekly for ranked PvP. And EMCs drop off Master Mode (formerly known as Nightmare mode) ops bosses. SOME (not all) of the time the group finder op of the day reward includes some EMCs. CMTs and EMCs are only used to craft the rating 236 augments...for the moment.

Thanks all for the information.

With all the changes made last year with the expansion to simplify the old gearing systems because they were so confusing, it is great to see how they made things easy to understand (/sarcasm).

Guess I need to go pray to RNGsus as all the 234+ schematics I get are always some fixed gear (useless) and never a mod or something like a relic, implant, or ear.

I do have the new augment schematics, but not near enough mats, and no way I'm spending the credits on buying them for a few stat points with no new progression content (not to mention with my luck, they'd just announce a new 'expansion' - expansion meaning a new level cap, everything scaled up again, and a few hours of new story).

Edited by DawnAskham

Thanks all for the information.

With all the changes made last year with the expansion to simplify the old gearing systems because they were so confusing, it is great to see how they made things easy to understand (/sarcasm).

Guess I need to go pray to RNGsus as all the 234+ schematics I get are always some fixed gear (useless) and never a mod or something like a relic, implant, or ear.

I do have the new augment schematics, but not near enough mats, and no way I'm spending the credits on buying them for a few stat points with no new progression content (not to mention with my luck, they'd just announce a new 'expansion' - expansion meaning a new level cap, everything scaled up again, and a few hours of new story).

234+ mod-object schematics drop from Ops bosses as well as in command crates.

234+ mod-object schematics drop from Ops bosses as well as in command crates.

I saw a few drop in Ops but didn't win any rolls, and sadly it seems more people these days are 'LFM Granked' or whatever than running Ops, so have only had a chance to run a few - I'll keep at it.

I also believe (correct me if I'm wrong), but purple mods pulled from set gear can be reverse engineered for a schematic, but green, blue, and gold mods as well as individual mods cannot be reverse engineered.

I also believe (correct me if I'm wrong), but purple mods pulled from set gear can be reverse engineered for a schematic, but green, blue, and gold mods as well as individual mods cannot be reverse engineered.

That's right, but the schematic-produced armorings don't have any set bonus on them. I'm not saying that to discourage you, just to make sure you know.

(EDIT: I said "mod-objects" but of course the set bonus is only on the armorings. Corrected.)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 2 months later...