Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few questions about Mission Discoverys

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
A few questions about Mission Discoverys

Alexisshade
07.30.2020 , 04:06 PM | #1
I have a few questions about mission discoveries.

How do you get them?

What crew skills can drop them and how? I know slicing can but is it from the mission or actually slicing stuff on the map.

Can you get them from renowned points?

Can you get them from heroic drop boxes?

What determines the grade?
Is it random or does it depend on the grade of your skills mission or the planet you farm?

How many can you carry in the legacy storage I heard you can only find one at a time

edit
OK um so I was just sending comps out for gathering missions and scavenging grade 11 doped a mission right after this post so I guess each gathering mission can drop a mission that matched the skill and the grade

I still would like to know if renowned points and heroics still drop them. The command points (Or whatever they were called before renowned) used to drop them in their boxes now all i get is green gear.
Use my referral link to get free stuff then check out this deal
Knights of the Eternal Throne Amazon Premium Pack

Click this link for new player tips

SteveTheCynic
07.31.2020 , 12:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexisshade View Post
How many can you carry in the legacy storage I heard you can only find one at a time
You can *find* as many as you like. The "only one at a time" thing is that if you use the inventory item to unlock a mission, you cannot use another item of the same crew skill on the same character until you actually complete a run of the mission.

And your limit for storing them in legacy storage is, as a result, seven pages times eighty slots per page ==> 560.
[QUOTE=Alexisshade;9868629]edit
OK um so I was just sending comps out for gathering missions and scavenging grade 11 doped a mission right after this post so I guess each gathering mission can drop a mission that matched the skill and the grade[/QUIOTE]
I think the mission skill missions (Diplomacy, Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting, Investigation) can do it as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexisshade View Post
I still would like to know if renowned points and heroics still drop them. The command points (Or whatever they were called before renowned) used to drop them in their boxes now all i get is green gear.
Renown crates don't drop them, and nor do Heroics. Renown crates drop gear somewhere near your current Item Rating, so they can (if you're geared well enough) drop yellow-306 gear.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Dogtrauma
07.31.2020 , 08:04 AM | #3
Steve is off on a few details, you can use more than one mission at the same time, just not the same mission, grades 1-9 ( possibly 10 as well) has 2 unique missions per grade so you can do those at the same time and you can do different grades at the same time as well.
Slicing is by far the greatest source of mission discoveries, if you crit a lockbox mission you get a discovery for a random skill ( including slicing) the other mission skills can give them as well but i can't recall right now what type of mission gives the greatest chance of getting them. You can get missions from slicing gathering nodes as well, but the drop chance is pretty low.

Bxvx
07.31.2020 , 08:57 AM | #4
I have a ton of alts like 20 or so, on most of them I give them gathering stuff. Slicing gives alot of different discoveries, like so many I end up giving them away or vendoring them lol.

Edit: The slicing missions give the discoveries, I can't remember if you can get them from actually gathering but the missions are for sure.

Alexisshade
08.01.2020 , 11:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bxvx View Post
I have a ton of alts like 20 or so, on most of them I give them gathering stuff. Slicing gives alot of different discoveries, like so many I end up giving them away or vendoring them lol.

Edit: The slicing missions give the discoveries, I can't remember if you can get them from actually gathering but the missions are for sure.
that is awesome if you have to much your free to give them to me if you want ha ha jk

I am looking to get legendary embers and i would happily take the missions if thy are grade 11 but if you can use them yourself your guaranteed to get 1 ember for each mission (the most i go for each mission is 3) i need them to craft stuff but if your not a crafting you can make like $600,000 for each one(that was how much they were on the gtn the last a checked) so that might be helpful to you with a access

Alexisshade
08.01.2020 , 11:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
You can *find* as many as you like. The "only one at a time" thing is that if you use the inventory item to unlock a mission, you cannot use another item of the same crew skill on the same character until you actually complete a run of the mission.

Renown crates don't drop them, and nor do Heroics. Renown crates drop gear somewhere near your current Item Rating, so they can (if you're geared well enough) drop yellow-306 gear.
Thanks man that was helpful especially the renown create stuff? Do you know if that apples to flash-point drops I had two character i levels up to 75 one i just roughed it the other i spent like 12 million on the level 74 max gear and in the mission i did with the later i got like 7 yellow gear peaces while the first one drop nothing