Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning after eight years

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Returning after eight years

MJRushton
06.20.2019 , 10:25 PM | #1
is there any point in my trying pvp again, tried once and got destroyed.

TrixxieTriss
06.20.2019 , 10:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MJRushton View Post
LoL, people are so utterly useless in pvp these days compared to 8 years ago. So you should definitely give it a go. You might find your actually a pvp god

Seterade
06.20.2019 , 11:06 PM | #3
pvp is not something you can just be god at. we all started from nothing, clickers, close camera, wondering what interrupt did, breaking first stun.

if you are interested in a more intense gameplay on swtor, its definitely worth the effort for those first 3-4 months of getting destroyed as you begin to learn to counter and LoS. Pvp in of itself is rewarding, you dont do it for gear, you do it too be better.

last thing, if your a nice sweet person and want to stay that way, get used to ignore button and/or just keep chat off. 90% of the players who know what they are doing dont use it anyway. like keeping an eye on the offnodes guards hp. (if fred is guarding west and the fight is south just keep an eye on fred hp, if it drops, hes got company.)

merovejec
06.21.2019 , 12:24 AM | #4
8 years?? Is the game so old now?

If you experience the bracket 1-50 and got destroyed by level 50s as a level 30 then yeah, that should not happen now. Still, there are burst classes that will wipe the floor with you.

Its best to see for yourself. At the moment the classes are more or less balanced, the TTK is a bit long, but fine. There are classes which are easier to play and you can still survive a bit. So the overall scenario is fine. The problem are the players themselves and the reasons why they go into PVP.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

Ksiphon
06.27.2019 , 01:33 PM | #5
Quick fix:
1. Character creation screen
2. Select "Mercenary"
3. Enter any PvP gamemode
4. Profit

And et voila!
Suddenly you're a PvP GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!
"Mercs need more survivability"
(Unknown Merc player Oct 2018)