So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

Dowillia

If you add the word GROUP in front of ever RANKED, you get my exact argument against YOU :rolleyes:

It's really weird seeing you use my DELUSIONAL arguments against someone else :D

Dude. Granked is dead. Therefore, no one has first hand experience in it anymore lol. When is the last time you played a granked match? Eight months ago? Longer?

Also, nice off topic post designed just to attack me. I'm flattered.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Today's newspaper has an very interesting article in it. It says that a university is desparately (spelling ?) looking for female e-sports teams for a study - and can't find any.

One among several assumptions because why they can't find any is - apart from harassment because boys don't want their toys be broken by girls, and games = toys -

- is simply this :

Boys and men play competitive in general

Girls and Women play coperatively in general

and that's in my opinion why Ranked is so toxic : It's simply psychological warfare.

To get other competors out by hurting them mentally and psychologically.

Trash talk is imho simply a weapon on a verbal level.

Nothing than that.

There are a couple of all girl schools in the US now offering e-sport gaming as an elective.

There is also a a female e-sport team that’s just re-formed to go pro, called PMS (of all things :rolleyes:). And I believe one of the biggest E-sports teams just announced their first female member.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Trash talk is imho simply a weapon on a verbal level.

To be honest i view trash talk separately from toxic verbal abuse. Trash talking is a form of competitive banter and i have no problem with this.

Toxic verbal abuse in a game has nothing to do with competition, instead it's just a frustrated person venting on someone for the sake of being able to do so anonymously and across the world via the internet with no repercussions.

Edited by Lhancelot

It’s quite simple. In solo ranked people generally like you if you increase their own chance of gaining Elo when on their team. You’re generally disliked if you decrease their chance of gaining Elo when on their team, and doubly so if you show up to class without doing your homework.

That means you should have, as a baseline, a silver tier level understanding of dcds, basic strategy (kill orders, where to fight) and pull your weight in numbers. These are not high expectations, and all fully in your control. You have guides, streams, forums and other players to gain this information. There’s very little creativity needed on your part to succeed in 2019 solo ranked - just modest preparation.

You can get hung up on how you’d like things to be and shout into the void about how people cloaked in internet anonymity are calling you mean names and should cut it out. You can focus on the minority of the solo ranked population that cheats and exploits and latch onto these to delegitimize solo ranked at large so that if you’re bad it doesn’t really matter.

The way things actually are, if you want to play in a competitive format- you need to up your game. Take advantage of the upcoming pre-season to work out the jitters. Or, stick to regs which are a more casual-friendly format - there’s nothing wrong with that. The biggest factor in your solo ranked experience is staring back at you in the mirror.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Why are you guys toxicly arguing with JMA? :eek:

Puzzling.

This thread is actually a good example of what having opposing opinions is like without being toxic. Ironic, isn't it?

Why don't people say the things here they say in ranked?

Why don't you curse at me left and right, insult my mother and tell me to off myself?

Could it be because you're aware that Bioware actively enforces its ToS here on the forums?

This thread is actually a good example of what having opposing opinions is like without being toxic. Ironic, isn't it?

Why don't people say the things here they say in ranked?

Why don't you curse at me left and right, insult my mother and tell me to off myself?

Could it be because you're aware that Bioware actively enforces its ToS here on the forums?

This thread has more "toxicity" in it than the vast majority of ranked matches.

Imp side gen chat =/= solo ranked chat.

Your examples specifically fall under "flaming" and "griefing" under the broad toxic umbrella. And I don't like how you presume (or hint) that I viciously swear at people in ranked and offer to have to sexual relations with peoples' mothers. That's very toxic of you.

It's just not my style. I have slightly more class than that. Harrumph.

PS - Tell your sister to call me back pls. (joke)

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Dude. Granked is dead. Therefore, no one has first hand experience in it anymore lol. When is the last time you played a granked match? Eight months ago? Longer?

Also, nice off topic post designed just to attack me. I'm flattered.

Well, my point Alex is that you NEVER had ANY experience in group ranked and yet you claimed to know about the skill lvl in group ranked vs solo ranked. Back then i told you that you have no credibility in talking about group ranked because u never played it.

Now today, you are using my exact argument vs people who want to talk about the toxicity lvl in solo ranked with people who don't play solo ranked OFTEN (atleast these people have some experience unlike you with group ranked).

How you manage to feel flattered about being a hypocrite, that one is beyond me.

The way things actually are, if you want to play in a competitive format- you need to up your game. The biggest factor in your solo ranked experience is staring back at you in the mirror.

All of this would be true if the matches were not flooded with cheats, wintrades, match droppers, queue dodgers, and whatever else ways people can manipulate their ELO.

Seeing that ELO hardly reflects anyone's actual skill in the game your suggestions are reasonable and logical but inapplicable with the present scoring system.

If only the ELO scoring system reflected actual skill levels of the players, and was attributed only by way of the player's own success/failures or that of teams with legit players on them who all try to win.

If you play ranked, you know ELO is a joke and most definitely does not indicate most people's skill levels accurately.

Well, my point Alex is that you NEVER had ANY experience in group ranked and yet you claimed to know about the skill lvl in group ranked vs solo ranked. Back then i told you that you have no credibility in talking about group ranked because u never played it.

Now today, you are using my exact argument vs people who want to talk about the toxicity lvl in solo ranked with people who don't play solo ranked OFTEN (atleast these people have some experience unlike you with group ranked).

How you manage to feel flattered about being a hypocrite, that one is beyond me.

Totally mischaracterizing our past disagreements doesn't make me a hypocrite rofl. You really should pm me if you have a problem with me rather then derailing another thread.

All of this would be true if the matches were not flooded with cheats, wintrades, match droppers, queue dodgers, and whatever else ways people can manipulate their ELO.

They aren't.

That's interesting. I wondered where his constant pounding of telling people they aren't qualified to comment on toxicity in solo ranked came from. :p

it wouldn't be so bad if it was actually true, but everyone he tells this to actually does have experience, particularly in solo ranked and they are quite aware of the truth of the matter which is toxicity does exist in ranked.

Edited by Lhancelot

That's interesting. I wondered where his constant pounding of telling people they aren't qualified to comment on toxicity in solo ranked came from. :p

If you go back and actually read those threads, you would quickly notice that the way he just described our disagreements isn't even close to how they played out. It's not my fault that granked is a dead game mode. He's clearly still mad that group ranked is irrelevant and he's not good enough to succeed in solo ranked anymore now that the matches are fair.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

They aren't.

So, what has stopped the toxicity and the wintrades, queue dodging, match dropping in the last few months then?

I am honestly asking this, because I played a few months ago and over the course of a week I found on average 3 out of 4 matches were compromised by match manipulation.

Granted, it was the end of the season, but still that doesn't justify it. I guess in the early part of the season, people are all boyscouts and the whole culture is different, until when, the last month or so of the season?

Is that why my experience was so awful in solo ranked?

How do you explain the sudden change in player behavior now? You almost got me convinced to log in and queue for ranked, I mean it sounds like a boyscout convention.

Sorry, it's just hard to believe. Literally years of experience in solo ranked tells me either you have the best luck ever of never having any of the common issues everyone else experiences or you are exaggerating the goodwill and behavior of the players.

I am honestly asking this, because I played a few months ago and over the course of a week I found on average 3 out of 4 matches were compromised by match manipulation.

Granted, it was the end of the season, but still that doesn't justify it. I guess in the early part of the season, people are all boyscouts and the whole culture is different, until when, the last month or so of the season?

Is that why my experience was so awful in solo ranked?

How do you explain the sudden change in player behavior now? You almost got me convinced to log in and queue for ranked, I mean it sounds like a boyscout convention.

Sorry, it's just hard to believe. Literally years of experience in solo ranked tells me either you have the best luck ever of never having any of the common issues everyone else experiences or you are exaggerating the goodwill and behavior of the players.

You obviously had some very poor luck. I wasn't there. All I can do is tell you about my much more extensive experience. I have played hundreds, maybe thousands not sure, of matches in the last year. I've probably personally witnessed wintrading in like 2% of those matches. Wintrading is still a serious issue, especially as it affects the top 3 rewards, but it still only happens a small fraction of the time. Players leaving matches is similarly rare. Sometimes you can get 3 or 4 games in a row with someone rage quitting or talking a massive amount of ****. There will certainly be stretches of matches that go badly for a variety of reasons, but that doesn't make it the norm.

You seriously can't see how flawed basing your entire opinion of ranked on playing for one week is? It's such a tiny sample size.

Let's say you only attended four baseball games in your life, and three of them had benches clearing brawls. And then you'd tell everyone else "oh, baseball is a nasty sport, all they do is try to fight each other every game." People that actually watch baseball regularly would look at you like you're crazy, like I'm looking at you now.

Also remember, I never said ranked players are all wonderful people. There are certainly some bad ones. But most are just playing the game normally. The vast majority of solo ranked matches you zone into the match, someone calls a strat, you play the game, say gg at the end, that's it. Maybe if someone really ****s up someone might say something mildly "toxic." That's just part of any online game. There is no "toxicity" issue in solo ranked.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

You obviously had some very poor luck. I wasn't there. All I can do is tell you about my much more extensive experience. I have played hundreds, maybe thousands not sure, of matches in the last year. I've probably personally witnessed wintrading in like 2% of those matches. Wintrading is still a serious issue, especially as it affects the top 3 rewards, but it still only happens a small fraction of the time. Players leaving matches is similarly rare.

You seriously can't see how flawed basing your entire opinion of ranked on playing for one week is? It's such a tiny sample size.

Also remember, I never said ranked players are all wonderful people. There are certainly some bad ones. But most are just playing the game normally. The vast majority of solo ranked matches you zone into the match, someone calls a strat, you play the game, say gg at the end, that's it. Maybe if someone really ****s up someone might say something mildly "toxic." That's just part of any online game. There is no "toxicity" issue in solo ranked.

Alex, I have put in thousands of hours into PVP and over the years I have always played solo ranked.

The last time I played was the worst I had ever seen it, a few months ago. I started out writing names down of players who I knew were dropping matches, and it was happening so much i just quit altogether it was truly not worth the frustration.

I take my experience of the past as well as the most recent and judge solo ranked off that... Sure, there were some shenanigans going on in the past too, but my last experience in solo ranked was so much worse.

Exactly how has solo ranked improved, I mean you didn't answer that question.

Are you telling me that you believe now and in the past on average if you had to guess maybe 2% of solo ranked matches are compromised by shady player behavior?

I can tell you even years ago, solo ranked had more BS going on than this and unless some systemic changes have been made by BW I feel confident my opinion that solo ranked is still filled full of toxic and/or shady players manipulating matches for ELO.

As far as I know nothing has changed in the past few months, so exactly how did the culture of solo ranked become so chivalrous and family friendly?

As far as I know nothing has changed in the past few months, so exactly how did the culture of solo ranked become so chivalrous and family friendly?

When did I ever say it had become anything close to "chivalrous and family friendly?" I've said nothing of the sort. Swtor ranked is competitive pvp, with all that comes with it. Just because "toxicity" isn't a significant problem doesn't mean that everyone is always nice and happy.

And I would agree that nothing has changed. Solo ranked is as it has always been. There was just as much "toxicity" back in season 1 as there is now. You just a had a string of bad luck, probably also combined with some paranoia regarding "shady" behavior.

SWToR PvP is very Toxic for a Reason. Toxic PvP is the norm btw. So Very toxic PvP isn't that bad :). Soccer Players' worth their money are 9/10 verbally abusive. This is part of any "Sport" so why bother? SWToR Players have had bad PvP Experiences due to PvP being 1/2 - 3/4 of games being "We Chain-Stun this guy and make this guy unable to react to any DMG received for 8 secs" and "Kill Him with ZERO Effort". Even tho humans only have 0,15 - 0,4 s reaction times. So 7,6 seconds later and still unable to react… "Good players a still bored to `Death´ with Waste of Game-Play".

So a "God-Like" player in swtor will get killed and globalled like anyone else in a 8s Chain-Stun. Even the worst Two PvP Players global the best 1% of players ignoring their "Rank 1 - aka no-body" PvP players.

Ignore Chat if you are too sensitive imho. Use /ignore as Bioware get 90% of their money from currently active PvP players.. as /"Some Players" can only play 5 matches per week…

Edited by Mannok
grammar

it wouldn't be so bad if it was actually true, but everyone he tells this to actually does have experience, particularly in solo ranked and they are quite aware of the truth of the matter which is toxicity does exist in ranked.

As long as anyone has experience themselves in something, their opinion can be considered. You don't need to agree with it, but you can respect that they have their own point of view.

The only reason i decided to actually jump in this thread is because he decided to use my argument (incorrectly in the sense that the people he says have no voice are people who have experience) against others when back in our other thread on solo vs group ranked, i used this exact argument vs him. The difference is when i say it, its just random meaningless bable bable to him and when he uses it (incorrectly), he thinks he is right.

I won't stand for his misuse of my argument here.

As long as anyone has experience themselves in something, their opinion can be considered. You don't need to agree with it, but you can respect that they have their own point of view.

The only reason i decided to actually jump in this thread is because he decided to use my argument (incorrectly in the sense that the people he says have no voice are people who have experience) against others when back in our other thread on solo vs group ranked, i used this exact argument vs him. The difference is when i say it, its just random meaningless bable bable to him and when he uses it (incorrectly), he thinks he is right.

I won't stand for his misuse of my argument here.

To compare the incoherent nonsense you used in those other threads to my arguments here is comical. You never made an effective argument against me in those threads. It truly was just babble. It had no connection to what I was arguing because my arguments never relied on having personal group ranked experience (even though I do have some personal group ranked experience lol). Your reading comprehension is still poor I see.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I feel the need to pump the brakes on you here. most of my 500+ matches on SF did not include any of that. most of the ppl who drop intentionally do so b/c they're going to lose (already lost badly the first round) and are frustrated - not because they're throwing the match.

the most noticeable form of queue manipulation is queuing as tank or heal then declining the pop to help the other tank/healer raise his rating b/c the person who backfills for you may not even be a heal/tank.

the toxicity in ranked -- the part that makes it worse than any other form of pvp -- is that you don't get to choose your teammates, and the teams are built by the matchmaker in a way that pairs players of vastly disparate skill levels together. this results in a lot of frustration and often causes players to lash out. there's not excuse for harassment, but there is an underlying reason that has literally nothing to do with queue manipulation, hacking, etc.

I feel the need to pump the brakes on you here. most of my 500+ matches on SF did not include any of that. most of the ppl who drop intentionally do so b/c they're going to lose (already lost badly the first round) and are frustrated - not because they're throwing the match.

the most noticeable form of queue manipulation is queuing as tank or heal then declining the pop to help the other tank/healer raise his rating b/c the person who backfills for you may not even be a heal/tank.

the toxicity in ranked -- the part that makes it worse than any other form of pvp -- is that you don't get to choose your teammates, and the teams are built by the matchmaker in a way that pairs players of vastly disparate skill levels together. this results in a lot of frustration and often causes players to lash out. there's not excuse for harassment, but there is an underlying reason that has literally nothing to do with queue manipulation, hacking, etc.

Correct. Maybe coming from you he'll actually believe it.

Yes i agree so if somebody acts like a tard ques as a healer and get's globalled in 5sec he should be prepared to get toxed out/vote to kicked out of team till he gets better.

And he never comes back while you will be over there scratching your head wondering why you're only fighting the same 4 people every match.

Seeing that ELO hardly reflects anyone's actual skill in the game your suggestions are reasonable and logical but inapplicable with the present scoring system.

If only the ELO scoring system reflected actual skill levels of the players, and was attributed only by way of the player's own success/failures or that of teams with legit players on them who all try to win.

If you play ranked, you know ELO is a joke and most definitely does not indicate most people's skill levels accurately.

ELO is one indicator of skill, certainly not the whole story.

Two statements are simultaneously true:

1.) Skilled players will have high ELO if they decide to queue enough, despite all the headwinds you brought up.

2.) Not all players with high ELO are skilled, especially in group ranked

My experience holding the #1 spot in solo ranked across multiple seasons for my class (and in s-10, all classes) tells me that those who blame their shortcomings on others are typically below average, or way below average players. Their performance could improve dramatically if they put in the time and reflect on where their gaps are.

I always drop points each season to throwers, people that leave the match, etc as does every other player in the queue. This is not a valid reason for low ELO in solo ranked.

Being a meme in solo ranked (as is the OP's experience) has nothing to do with ELO. If your skill level is within the norm for a silver tier dps player which is an incredibly low bar, (know your dcds, put out passable numbers, follow a kill order) the insults and toxicity go way down in my experience. That is within his control, which is my point. You don't have to be a great player to know the fundamentals of your class and how to carry your weight in solo ranked.

Edited by EnzoForMe

And he never comes back while you will be over there scratching your head wondering why you're only fighting the same 4 people every match.

And that's a good thing ,if he can't do basic things required in ranked he shouldn't be playing that game mode.

Low population of ranked is not because of toxicity it has to do more with bad matchmaking,thrower and botters.