The new 16-man bolstered GF Ops - impressions

I agree, thats why i havent botherd to do any OPS yet, people get so frustrated if you dont know anything 110% the first time ._.

I second that. I am playing my third toon, a Jedi guardian and have made it to level 39 with only one death ( I got a level 40 mission at level 32 and jumped in before realizing that I was fighting a group of 40s). I keep up with my stats and abilities and breeze thru all battles. Reading on the forum about all the "trouble" with the noobs I am scared to even try. I haven't played in any groups except to lend a hand when someone asks so; I would be a "noob". I'm sure I would be kicked or harassed because I don't know the map or the right strategy... sigh.. good noobs want to play too

Too many elitist people don't want to have to "carry the noobs".

Exactly like this. And that's why the 16-man got changed in group finder into 8-man anyway. To please them.

Reading on the forum about all the "trouble" with the noobs I am scared to even try. I haven't played in any groups except to lend a hand when someone asks so; I would be a "noob". I'm sure I would be kicked or harassed because I don't know the map or the right strategy... sigh.. good noobs want to play too

Bow to your elitist overlords who rule the game.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Exactly like this. And that's why the 16-man got changed in group finder into 8-man anyway. To please them.

Except they don't. Most seem to just sit in chat talking crap all day instead of running content then get the nerve to come to forums and put in their 2 cents about content they rarely would run anyway.

If you don't like GF just don't use it. Pretty simple really.

I personally would happily run any content with noobs as long as they listen and can follow general instructions and know their role ( worst would be tanks asking how to tank - those people need to piss off and learn their role before queuing or joining groups but thankfully they are rare ).

Most "raid" leaders over complicate op fights far more than need be by basically taking the dulfy explanations and turning it into some sort of crazy dissertation on op boss fighting. Oh and then there's the "Must have TS" etc. people for SM ops heh. Seriously I think half the time new players fail at ops it's from the over complicated explanations people give. Generally the overly complicated mechnics aren't going to be tasked to the noob anyway so their role can often relate to just beating on the boss and avoiding the coloured circles on the ground heh. :p Sure most are slightly more complicated than that but when I was learning ops in PUGs etc. I found it much easier to just ask "Yeah that's great that all that stuff happens but what do you want ME to do?".

Are you deliberately spreading misinformation?

Hey everyone,

We have identified a fix to the ongoing area transition/instancing and connectivity issues that players have been seeing since the release of Game Update 2.8. In order to alleviate these issues, we are going to be doing unscheduled maintenance tomorrow morning (Friday, June 13). During this maintenance, we are going to take the Group Finder Operation queue from 16-Player to 8-Player, as we have found that due to tech issues the servers do not perform well under the load caused by the 16-Player queue. Going forward, we are going to evaluate our options in regards to the Group Finder system to see what the best course of action to take is.

Thank you all for your continued patience while we get this resolved!

-Tait

It was changed from 16 to 8 due to technical problems. Not because "elitest players didn't want to carry the noobs"

Honestly, Alrik.

You go out of your way to be as offensive as possible on this subject. How are you not JUST AS BAD as these so-called "elitist" players?

Edit: I'd also like to suggest an exercise for you. Go visit any of the "Nightmare" progression threads. Look at the leaderboards for the top guilds that play NM content. Then look at posts in the forums by players in those guilds. You'll find Guides, helpful tips, advice, questions answered, etc.

Many of these "elite" players are not only really good at the game, but are proactive towards helping others.

I'd really appreciate it if you would re-evaluate your prejudices, and think about easing off on the nastiness and insults.

Edited by Khevar

If the idea is to make story mod ops more accessible to the player base I'd like to see the lockouts changed (for story mode only).

Ran DF through the group finder the other night, got through the first two bosses but the group fell apart on the third one due to some people not understanding the mechanics and so of course I cannot try again until the lockout expires.

Ideally I think the (story mode) lockout should prevent you from receiving any rewards from a given boss kill more then once a week, but not prevent you from participating multiple time.

I like the new bolstered GF Ops, I've healed through one and was wondering why it was so easy to heal a tank who's gear wasn't the greatest until I realized we were all bolstered. What I cannot understand is why you put it back to 8 -man instead of 16? It was such a solid idea to go with 16 and two tanks. The programming team then has the audacity to state the reason they cannot do it is because they can't program it correctly!!!!. I can't imagine saying something like that to my boss and still being confident that I'm going to have a job. i guess I don't understand it fully but just to let you know, that's what it sounded on my end.

Sincerely, Jeremy

The programming team then has the audacity to state the reason they cannot do it is because they can't program it correctly!!!!. I can't imagine saying something like that to my boss and still being confident that I'm going to have a job.

Hahaha! Yeah. Usually the boss asks what we need to complete the task(new servers/software/more people), and then it happens, albeit weeks or months later.

But a part of me worries they've abandoned the 16m sm gf idea entirely. :(

The 16m SM GF was the only thing I was looking forward to since last December. I tried it with success and had fun. Then Bioware decided to pull it after two days without one apology. I'm going to take a break from this game until either it's fixed or a lot more content is added. I'm a very casual player and being able to log in and Q up for things while I craft or do dailies is what I enjoy but there hasn't been any new daily areas since last September/October with Oricon. This last update really pissed me off and it seems like Bioware doesn't care. It's all just cosmetic items and cosmetic achievements. Adaptive armor sets/mounts/weapons. Uh oh my achievement for the new adaptive armor set isn't showing. Better bring the sever down so the players that are throwing money at us can see their Cartel Market achievements. I get it it's a business but not one I'm going to be funding any longer. Bye..Bye Edited by Flixx
Grammar