Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bridge datacron figured out. Hold the line mission completed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Bridge datacron figured out. Hold the line mission completed

casirabit
11.19.2018 , 10:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
I present to you all Hold the line on combat sent with healer companion no deaths was hard and I don't know if the strat I used will work for everyone but most likely it should. https://youtu.be/3dMm34bHkFw
Good job but would like to point out one thing. You are using a companion that people have stated has a better healing than most and that a lot of people don't have.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Khevar
11.19.2018 , 11:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
I present to you all Hold the line on combat sent with healer companion no deaths was hard and I don't know if the strat I used will work for everyone but most likely it should. https://youtu.be/3dMm34bHkFw
Quite impressive.

Not having tried it myself, (and based purely on your video) this fight seems to be on a par with the Master Mode KotET Tower of Prophecy fight, if the mobs spawned faster.

Without Force Sweep and it's AOE crowd control / extremely low cooldown, I think you would have been in big trouble. I wonder what the experience would be like for some of the other classes.

I feel that a healing class in particular wouldn't be able to make it solo, simply due to difficulty in killing things fast enough. A dps companion just doesn't have a comparable amount of AOE output (even Shae Viizla, as her AOE is very narrow and on a long cooldown).

Kaizersan
11.20.2018 , 01:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Good job but would like to point out one thing. You are using a companion that people have stated has a better healing than most and that a lot of people don't have.
You have plenty of similar companion options like IS0-5R but really I could have done it with any 50 ranged companion because really what matters is getting far enough from the spawn point and killing the ranged dps to keep them off the healer but like I showed it's quite possible when you apply yourself correctly.

Kaizersan
11.20.2018 , 02:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Quite impressive.

Not having tried it myself, (and based purely on your video) this fight seems to be on a par with the Master Mode KotET Tower of Prophecy fight, if the mobs spawned about 3x faster.

Without Force Sweep and it's AOE crowd control / extremely low cooldown, I think you would have been in big trouble. I wonder what the experience would be like for some of the other classes.

I feel that a healing class in particular wouldn't be able to make it solo, simply due to difficulty in killing things fast enough. A dps companion just doesn't have a comparable amount of AOE output (even Shae Viizla, as her AOE is very narrow and on a long cooldown).
Likely would have been even smoother had I used watchman spec as I could have easily spread aoe dots with zen healing me and my companion the important aspect is to killed the ranged attackers to keep them off your companion but be far enough from the spawn point so you have a window between waves.

Khaleg
11.20.2018 , 04:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
Regarding Hold the line mission, i required 3 players to complete this mission, the waves of geonosians is just to much for one player to kill alone
Two players are more than sufficient though. We did it in first try with 2 players without it being remotely a challenge.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

shyroman
11.20.2018 , 02:27 PM | #16
Though certainly more difficult than the imperial heroic (the imperial one is a joke), Hold the Line is not too difficult. Some classes are better equipped to solo it for sure, but I'm sure any spec can with the proper companion. Even a healer can do it with a level 1 dps companion. You just have to kite around a lot, like people used to have to do when soloing heroics at level without overpowered comps, people are too used to rolling over content. Heroic did not always mean soloable by literally everyone, they used to require groups but someone could still solo if they knew what to do and played to the strengths of their class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Nn...ature=youtu.be
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Star Forge

LordAppius
11.21.2018 , 06:07 PM | #17
A) Zo-om has a healing rate that other companions do not have, unless you are using Ky-z3n

B) The amount of waves that were spawned during your experience were entirely different from my try.

Zo-om, ky-z3n and another companion are utterly broken when it comes to healing. Although i ve them i don't think everyone has the same luck.

Following this don't you think it is strange that so many ppl complained about hold the line ? if it was one person alone it would be okay, thing is several ppl tried it and failed, and when i was gathering a group all of them said the same thing.

Zo-om has an ability, like ky-zen that heals for 56 k or something, compare that to other companions.... Although ky-zen had the same effect as your zo-om i don't think i should force ppl to buy a companion from gtn or CM to complete an in game mission.

Classes like sin/shadow sage/sorc won't have an easy time. If you bring a merc/commando or pt/vg you will also have an asy time due to their cd. Bringing a gunslinger or sniper will do the same thing due to their massive aoe attack. Problem is classes like shin (if you play deception) are single burst, the only aoe they have is useless here
Swtor ruined after 4.0

Kaizersan
11.21.2018 , 06:16 PM | #18
A) Zo-om has a healing rate that other companions do not have, unless you are using Ky-z3n

B) The amount of waves that were spawned during your experience were entirely different from my try.

Zo-om, ky-z3n and another companion are utterly broken when it comes to healing. Although i ve them i don't think everyone has the same luck.

Following this don't you think it is strange that so many ppl complained about hold the line ? if it was one person alone it would be okay, thing is several ppl tried it and failed, and when i was gathering a group all of them said the same thing.

Zo-om has an ability, like ky-zen that heals for 56 k or something, compare that to other companions.... Although ky-zen had the same effect as your zo-om i don't think i should force ppl to buy a companion from gtn or CM to complete an in game mission.
I am just pointing out how they are fighting it solo is the problem unlike most heroics you can't just face it head on as you can see in my run I moved far enough from the spawn point to buy myself time between spawns and killed the ranged dps asap it's about strategy most of the complaints are likely from people not thinking it through and just want it to be a cake walk like most heroics but as I have pointed out I could just as easily do it with any ranged healer companion.

LordAppius
11.21.2018 , 06:55 PM | #19
Big difference now, i used heroic moment and with a smash of 20 k i was able to obliterate the small adds... well that takes the fun of it, all those abilities are so tuned up... Try doing it without heroic moment.

Also i used Ky-zen and to my surprise i had also no problem surviving.

I know you are trying to point out, but you must be accurate, problem is i also didn t mention that i wasn't using heroic moment. When i want a game harder i don t mean giving the adds more hp alone, i want fights to be a little longer and require some ability and thinking to win them.

I consider heroic moment a cheat since it heals you and those abilities are absurdly op. a Force choke did around 30 k damage... like not even a perfect discharge does 30 k.

I don't mind them sending severall adds at once, i would like something that is a bit more challenging, like the game used to be, because now bioware made everything so damn casual that it doesn t have the same taste. I remember doing sith inquisitor story for the ligth vs dark event, again, and when i faced thanaton it took me 3 hits or 4, to kill him...

Also, one of my imperial missions is bugged, Missing Pieces. Not sure if this has been reported.
Swtor ruined after 4.0

Kaizersan
11.21.2018 , 07:07 PM | #20
Big difference now, i used heroic moment and with a smash of 20 k i was able to obliterate the small adds... well that takes the fun of it, all those abilities are so tuned up... Try doing it without heroic moment.

Also i used Ky-zen and to my surprise i had also no problem surviving.

I know you are trying to point out, but you must be accurate, problem is i also didn t mention that i wasn't using heroic moment. When i want a game harder i don t mean giving the adds more hp alone, i want fights to be a little longer and require some ability and thinking to win them.

I consider heroic moment a cheat since it heals you and those abilities are absurdly op. a Force choke did around 30 k damage... like not even a perfect discharge does 30 k.

I don't mind them sending severall adds at once, i would like something that is a bit more challenging, like the game used to be, because now bioware made everything so damn casual that it doesn t have the same taste. I remember doing sith inquisitor story for the ligth vs dark event, again, and when i faced thanaton it took me 3 hits or 4, to kill him...

Also, one of my imperial missions is bugged, Missing Pieces. Not sure if this has been reported.
I don't view it like that tools like heroic moments and unity are things you earn through long hours of game play to unlock each ability so it's not a cheat it's a tool meant to be used and like I said I believe any class can solo it but they have to approach it in a way that takes advantage of their abilities.