Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bridge datacron figured out. Hold the line mission completed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Bridge datacron figured out. Hold the line mission completed

LordAppius
11.17.2018 , 04:35 PM | #1
On one of my posts i talked about a hidden cave, apparently you get a grampling hook from there to get the bridge datacron.

Regarding Hold the line mission, i required 3 players to complete this mission, the waves of geonosians is just to much for one player to kill alone
Swtor ruined after 4.0

Totemdancer
11.17.2018 , 07:09 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post

Regarding Hold the line mission, i required 3 players to complete this mission, the waves of geonosians is just to much for one player to kill alone
Which makes it impossible for solo players to complete the weekly and get the MWS to gear up.

PetersCD
11.17.2018 , 08:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Which makes it impossible for solo players to complete the weekly and get the MWS to gear up.
I've said it before, and will say it again. Hold the line is bugged. My guess is the adds are supposed to spawn in waves rather than all at once with infinite timed reinforcements unless you get everything killed before the next spawn time. The imperial equivalent spawned adds on a timer. Supposedly they broke it too in the last patch or three. In prior iterations hold the line was bugged because the geonosians didn't spawn at all. Don't assume things are in their final form or even working properly. Keep pointing out real bugs like this and hope they get it fixed.

Totemdancer
11.17.2018 , 10:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PetersCD View Post
I've said it before, and will say it again. Hold the line is bugged. My guess is the adds are supposed to spawn in waves rather than all at once with infinite timed reinforcements unless you get everything killed before the next spawn time. The imperial equivalent spawned adds on a timer. Supposedly they broke it too in the last patch or three. In prior iterations hold the line was bugged because the geonosians didn't spawn at all. Don't assume things are in their final form or even working properly. Keep pointing out real bugs like this and hope they get it fixed.
Letís hope itís bugged and letís hope they fix it before it goes live.

MandFlurry
11.17.2018 , 11:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
On one of my posts i talked about a hidden cave, apparently you get a grampling hook from there to get the bridge datacron.

I need better action anyways, but maybe i should test it, because some people said you need 258 gear, and i sure didn't. I have 230 gear i did stuff with.

If it's meant for 1 person in live, as opposed to a team, for live, then that is different. Sometimes Testing has /bugs in the writing to.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

LordAppius
11.18.2018 , 11:21 AM | #6
Well my hk almost died trying to heal all of us, several times i had to use grenades and cc's. The amount of adds that spawns, as someone already said, is just to much for one player. You don't need to be 258, also you do not need to be 258 for Gods, this is just Bioware forcing you to get new gear. The dps difference is 1 kish, good guilds that have already killed Gods in hard mode will kill it on nim, there is no need for 258 for Gods. That is just a lame excuse to add another set of gear for the lack of content and keep players subed
Swtor ruined after 4.0

Kaizersan
11.19.2018 , 01:59 AM | #7
Not sure why everyone has trouble with this I have soloed hold the line with no death on my guardian tank with a 50 ranked healing companion without much issues aside from many enemies being spread out but was more annoying than difficult.

Estelindis
11.19.2018 , 09:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
I have soloed hold the line with no death on my guardian tank with a 50 ranked healing companion
Well this is the first solo completion of this heroic I've heard of, so good job, but don't you think it should be soloable on all classes and specs? The game isn't intended for tanks only. Personally I haven't succeeded with a healer sage or a dps commando, both with rank 50 companions (regardless of whether the companion's on heal, tank, or dps).

I feel fairly sure the heroic is not in its intended final state.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Kaizersan
11.19.2018 , 01:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Well this is the first solo completion of this heroic I've heard of, so good job, but don't you think it should be soloable on all classes and specs? The game isn't intended for tanks only. Personally I haven't succeeded with a healer sage or a dps commando, both with rank 50 companions (regardless of whether the companion's on heal, tank, or dps).

I feel fairly sure the heroic is not in its intended final state.
I'll clear it all the same on my combat sent next time I get on and record it to prove my point.

Kaizersan
11.19.2018 , 06:10 PM | #10
I present to you all Hold the line on combat sent with healer companion no deaths was hard and I don't know if the strat I used will work for everyone but most likely it should. https://youtu.be/3dMm34bHkFw