Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes in 5.10

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Naholen
11.12.2018 , 11:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LasagnaSurfer View Post
I do love that you added the Eternal Championship to conquest.

But as a primary tank player, I'm concerned I can't do enough DPS to get sprint champion after the nerfs.
Agree with this. I will never do enough DPS to manage it on my tank.
In space no one can hear you scream.

Lyriel
11.12.2018 , 11:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Looking from the outside, I see no help for small guilds.
^ This.

There is no appreciable benefit for small guilds from this change. Combined with the Guild Perks stuff, it's pretty grim - the gaps will just get bigger. If you wanted to kill of small guilds, why not just do it directly?

I mean, let's be real. Chapters are a time-sink (and honestly I'm already sick of having slogged alts through them). Even if they continue to reward the current amount, the ratio of time invested to reward is poor - and if they are changing them to repeatable, my bet is the reward amount is going down. Kill 100/150/200 is not repeatable, and again based on present payouts not an appreciable gain in earnable points (though at least it is a gain, so yay?). EC? Ugh, another boring timesink that is not likely to reward appreciable points (but another miniscule gain, so yay?). PvP - ok, that's potentially nice for folks who PvP, but it seems like 8 medals is not nearly the time sink that the other PvE activities represent. It's a valid comparison to make because that list of PvE activities is pretty solo-oriented. [Yes, you *can* group for EC, but why? Who wants to do the same boring 10 fights ad infinitum?]

I see no changes to repeatability of any other activities mentioned. I watched the stream, and the noises made there sure suggested there would be changes along those lines as well. Why not make some of the group-oriented PvE activities also repeatable? Or the event-related ones, like the Gree or plague missions? It is so frustrating to only get credit for one of those missions - it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time if I go on to complete any more than one an evening.

I'm the gm of a small PvE-oriented guild. We already don't make our conquest goals because of the strangle on repeatability by alts. This not only fails to help us in that regard, but means we also won't be able to reap any of the benefits of the coming Guild Perks as well since you've tied them to a system we can't win. And before the 'maybe you should just dissolve and join a large guild; crowd piles on, why do you feel entitled to tell others how to play? BioWare claims that they " understand that many players like to play with just their small circle of friends in small Guilds, and so the system needed to work for everyone." I'm here to tell them that, as currently proposed, it will not.
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

JattaGin
11.13.2018 , 02:25 AM | #23
Dear Bioware,

do you remember the HUGE discussions that happened on this forum and elsewhere during the Spring when you introduced your conquest revamping? Do you remember how much negative feedback you got and that many people said that they would leave?

Now look at how little interest this yellow thread created so far. That's the result of what happened in the Spring. Many players left. And the remaining ones barely care for conquest anymore.

I suppose, you could call the new system a success? No haters anymore.

I myself am honestly completely "meh" about it. You could grant me 20.000 conquest points for doing old content I have done already in 2012. I still wouldn't do it. The only thing I am interested in at this point is new content. That's why all that matters to me is that Ossus will be good (from what I heard so far, it could be). I'm completely indifferent to anything else you do, like conquest or guild updates.

That's my feedback on that topic.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

MacCleoud
11.13.2018 , 09:23 PM | #24
Has anyone had a chance to actually get in and see the changes yet? I am traveling this week and won’t be able to get in until most likely the 19th or 20th. I am pretty vigilant with my conquest. The last few weeks I have been hitting upwards of 150k a week on my own so I am anxious to get in and see how these changes may effect the way I run my weeks.

TalleraLane
11.14.2018 , 09:47 AM | #25
Why are you going out of your way to punish solo players? I play multiple alts, nothing in here to benefit me, in-fact all of it penalizes me and my preferred play style. This also greatly penalizes small family run guilds and now solo guilds which there are many such guilds now, made up of single players multiple alts. I am not asking you to take away any improvements for group players in what ever form that takes. Just stop with the solo player hate you have adopted.

Simply put, the way this game is heading it is no longer solo friendly which it is still being advertised as. Is our sub no longer wanted?

EricMusco
11.14.2018 , 01:29 PM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Guilds will now earn a small bonus on all Conquest points earned once they have committed to a planet. The team is trying to balance the bonus % between offering incentives to Guilds for committing early, and not “planet sniping” but we also don’t want to punish Guilds who don’t immediately commit. I am still working with the dev team on locking down the exact bonus but will get it for you next week.
From above, the % has been locked down. Guilds will earn a 15% Conquest Point bonus as soon as they have committed to a planet. We hope this will work to curb Guilds who try to "planet snipe" other Guilds.

As an added bonus, if you are a Guild who commits early, this is effectively a flat 15% bonus to Conquest Points earned.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SPrime
11.14.2018 , 04:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
From above, the % has been locked down. Guilds will earn a 15% Conquest Point bonus as soon as they have committed to a planet. We hope this will work to curb Guilds who try to "planet snipe" other Guilds.

As an added bonus, if you are a Guild who commits early, this is effectively a flat 15% bonus to Conquest Points earned.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Hi Eric,

Will this 15% bonus apply to the CQ points gained by a toon? I.E. i m playing and meet an objective for 100 CQ points, do i get 115 CQ points or I get 100 CQ points but the guild tally is 115 CQ points.

Thanks.

Totemdancer
11.15.2018 , 05:31 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TalleraLane View Post
Why are you going out of your way to punish solo players? I play multiple alts, nothing in here to benefit me, in-fact all of it penalizes me and my preferred play style. This also greatly penalizes small family run guilds and now solo guilds which there are many such guilds now, made up of single players multiple alts. I am not asking you to take away any improvements for group players in what ever form that takes. Just stop with the solo player hate you have adopted.

Simply put, the way this game is heading it is no longer solo friendly which it is still being advertised as. Is our sub no longer wanted?
Serious question. How will it punish solo players or family guilds anymore than it already does?

Darevsool
11.15.2018 , 05:37 PM | #29
I didn't see anything that made it WORSE...

but it didn't make anything better.

Until I can get in and look at the changes (can't right now due to time constraints in RL stuff) the only thing that I think I heard that they MAYBE made truly repeatable (infinitely) are the eternal championship rounds.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

Totemdancer
11.15.2018 , 06:49 PM | #30
I really wish they’d add a “lowbie and mid specific” pvp conquest challenge. Maybe that could breath some life back into those pvp brackets