Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes in 5.10

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Totemdancer
11.09.2018 , 11:46 PM | #11
For our weekly personal rewards, can we please have some amount of the crafting mats that will be in the MM operation.
Iíve no problem with more dropping in the Operation, but itís a little unfair that other players will be locked out of gathering mats.
This would provide a route to getting those mats and would also mesh with your plans for conquest and guild XP.
Itís a win-win for everyone.

AlrikFassbauer
11.10.2018 , 06:03 AM | #12
Looking from the outside, I see no help for small guilds.
Sorry, but they often have quite funny guild names.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Sandrosw
11.10.2018 , 06:11 AM | #13
Changes are positive.
  • Complete any Chapter (repeatable) - I dont think it will be used as main source, but a nice bonus for players doing KOTFE/KOTET for first time - they won't have to worry that they are "missing" on conquest while doing this.
  • Complete any round of the Eternal Championship (repeatable) - good way of bringing this content back. Not everyone will like to do this, but it is a great way to add some reward to EC, because now there are not many reasons to actually run this aside from Bowdaar alert.
  • Complete Round 10 of the Eternal Championship (daily) - Nice that running harder rounds up to the end will give more rewards than first few easy rounds!
  • Defeat enemies anywhere - I suppose it stacks with rampages, so players will complete this while doing rampages. Or while doing heroics, opses, or flashpoints (one especially comes to my mind...). Or just doing anything really, so again it is nice way to provide players with some conquest points while, for example, doing class/planetary story missions on character, so again player will not feel like he is missing out on conquest.
  • Obtain 8 badges in a Warzone (repeatable) - nice pvp objective, one that promotes not leaving wz in advance and makes player do their best on whatever role they are playing.

Removal of Defeat Imperial / Republic Guards - well very few did this objecive anyway and if we did in a guild, it was usually only once per week anyway, not daily. The added objectives make up for it.

I still wonder about guild perks that will allow more conquest objectives. Will those perks also Cycle / will there be more of them added over time, like you mentioned in post about perks?

I can totally imagine that those perks will bring back some "old" features, like repeatable heroic on certain planets, or perhaps repeatable objective for daily heroic : planet (like complete 3 heroic missions on VoS). Maybe there will be repeatable objective to complete any ops (last boss runs anyone? ) or perhaps an infinitely repeatable crafting objective. Even if those perks don't exist now, they can be added later into Cycled guild perks... so there is hope for us

While I would love to see some additional objectives (like solo space missions objectives on weeks with lots of GSF objectives), I understand that it is probably not easy to balance it into existing conquest weeks.

I also don't see BW changing conquest drastically again (like remowing legacy restrictions, no matter how much we wish for it), so I am happy that there are at least some improvements made, so capping toons will be easier for most of players.
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Khaleg
11.10.2018 , 07:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

With all of the Guild Changes coming in Game Update 5.10, we also wanted to make some changes to Conquests. As you will learn later today on PTS, Guild Leveling and Perks are tied directly into Conquests, so there is no better time than this update to make some changes.

Goals
Before we dive into the specifics we want to ensure that you understand what we are trying to achieve with Conquests in 5.10. Keep these goals in mind as you review the planned changes.
  • We want to continue to ensure you expect weekly consistency in Conquest Objectives. We are doing this for three reasons:
    • We heard your feedback from our first round of Conquest changes that you felt that there should be Objectives in every Conquest for most gameplay styles.
    • With Guild Perks, players will have the ability to add new Daily Repeatable Conquest Objectives to fit their Guilds playstyle.
    • Guild XP is tied to Conquest Points and so you need to know what to expect in each weekís Conquest reliably.
  • Create methods to allow players to earn more Conquest points.
  • Incentivize Guilds to commit earlier to prevent ďplanet sniping.Ē

Changes
  • The following Objectives have been added to every Conquest:
    • Complete any Chapter (repeatable)
    • Complete any round of the Eternal Championship (repeatable)
    • Complete Round 10 of the Eternal Championship (daily)
    • Defeat enemies anywhere, you must complete step 1 before you can complete step 2, etc:
      • 1: 100 Enemies (daily)
      • 2: 125 Enemies (daily)
      • 3: 250 Enemies (daily)
    • Obtain 8 badges in a Warzone (repeatable)
  • The following Objectives have been removedĒ
    • Defeat Imperial / Republic Guards
  • Guilds will now earn a small bonus on all Conquest points earned once they have committed to a planet. The team is trying to balance the bonus % between offering incentives to Guilds for committing early, and not ďplanet snipingĒ but we also donít want to punish Guilds who donít immediately commit. I am still working with the dev team on locking down the exact bonus but will get it for you next week.

In addition to the changes above, there are a number things that are a part of Guild Leveling and Perks which will also impact Conquest. Definitely take a look at those posts!

Please let us know your thoughts as Conquests are a big part of the Guild changes in 5.10. Thanks everyone.

-eric
I think these are good changes but pretty please ensure you tune that guild sniping avoidance thing very well and wise! I would actually prefer you do this the hard way (and only fair way in my eyes), basically like it was in the old system:

"You commit, you get a bonus from that very moment on, that easy, you don't commit and you simply don't get any bonus until you do, AND most important, if you don't commit until Friday morning you are out of the contest altogether for this week."

I think anyhting else ends up being a crap solution.

BTW, does the new "kill amount x mobs" objective replace the planet specific ones? I hope so.

And another BTW: Can you PLEASE replace that 100 % useless guild internal character based conquest ranking with a legacy based one? Who came up with that nonsense anyway to make it char based - this makes no sense at all and has no purpose...! :-)
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

DawnAskham
11.10.2018 , 08:32 AM | #15
Still misses the elephant in the room...activities such as those repeatable once per day should be PER CHARACTER, not per legacy.

I don't find it fun or engaging trying to map out once per day activities against characters to make sure a character with a chance at capping conquest is the one who ticks over the requirement for conquest - and adding more generic once per day activities such as 'kill x random enemies' just makes it that much more difficult to manage.

I also don't like the fact that the current system penalizes players who spend a lot of hours in game a few days a week over those that spend less total hours, but do so playing an hour or two every day.

Either make conquest a legacy wide activity with legacy caps, or make conquest activities character based - and balance it such that players spending similar hours a week can easily reach similar conquest goals, regardless of whether they spend the time over a couple of days or spread out over the week.

Darevsool
11.10.2018 , 10:34 AM | #16
I havenít been able to get on to look at these changes, but I am going to echo a few other posters. Of the changes listed I donít see any improvements to multiple alt usage/ points gained on the same day. Please make the standard ďunlimitedĒ instead of the once per day per legacy.

If I want to get 400 points for each heroic mission listed, I want to be able to do it on as many toons as I can when I can log in.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

KendraP
11.10.2018 , 01:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
For our weekly personal rewards, can we please have some amount of the crafting mats that will be in the MM operation.
Iíve no problem with more dropping in the Operation, but itís a little unfair that other players will be locked out of gather the mats.
This would provide a route to getting those mats and would also mesh with your plans for conquest and guild XP.
Itís a win-win for everyone.
I like this idea - it would put the MM gods mats on the same level as the ranked pvp mats. I.e. just add the MM gods mats to the same crate the transmatter thingies are in for each reward level

Totemdancer
11.10.2018 , 06:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Still misses the elephant in the room...activities such as those repeatable once per day should be PER CHARACTER, not per legacy.

I don't find it fun or engaging trying to map out once per day activities against characters to make sure a character with a chance at capping conquest is the one who ticks over the requirement for conquest - and adding more generic once per day activities such as 'kill x random enemies' just makes it that much more difficult to manage.

I also don't like the fact that the current system penalizes players who spend a lot of hours in game a few days a week over those that spend less total hours, but do so playing an hour or two every day.

Either make conquest a legacy wide activity with legacy caps, or make conquest activities character based - and balance it such that players spending similar hours a week can easily reach similar conquest goals, regardless of whether they spend the time over a couple of days or spread out over the week.
Are they keeping that system of one per legacy or changing it. Iíve not seen it announced either way (but I might have missed it).
Reading the dev posts, I got the feeling they may change that because of all the negative feed back they got about limiting it to just one Alt. Iíve no proof of course, itís just something that would make sense.
If they arenít doing that, then Iím with you. They need to change it so itís the same for every Alt.

AlrikFassbauer
11.11.2018 , 04:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
I havenít been able to get on to look at these changes, but I am going to echo a few other posters. Of the changes listed I donít see any improvements to multiple alt usage/ points gained on the same day. Please make the standard ďunlimitedĒ instead of the once per day per legacy.

If I want to get 400 points for each heroic mission listed, I want to be able to do it on as many toons as I can when I can log in.
As someone who has to work each day, and has a private life window of only 4-5 hours before he has to get to bed because day starts eartly, I'm just not able to have this "as many toons as I can". My private life woindow is simply too short. I can have that only - because of that - for 1 toon per week, 2 if things are reaklly great. Nothing more.

So, from this point of view. legacy bases is okay, since I'm not able to play with more than 1-2 toons consistently anyway - because my private life window allows me only up to 1 - 2 1/2 hours for playing each day.

As a student, so long ago, I had so much more time at hands - I could play 5 hours per day if I wanted to.

Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
I don't want to be penalized over those who have so much time they can play with 5+ toons per week, and get their character's points full with each one of them.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

TSCYoda
11.11.2018 , 06:08 AM | #20
I think these changes are well planned and dont do much influence for less big guilds as mine is.

I'm looking forward to them and with -at this point- no stomache-pain!

As so far: well done, team!

Greetings
Markus
I'm the signature, i'm just cleaning up here