Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Masterwork Gear Changes in 5.10

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Masterwork Gear Changes in 5.10
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KittyKat_Karrot
11.27.2018 , 03:49 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
You will be able to get 2 Shards with trading in your UCs that you assembled from PVP. For that you can buy 1 252. If you do this on all your alts you will have more 252 pcs and can send them to your one main toon. Then you can do the weekly PVP objective for one more shard. This weekly you can do one your alts to gain 1 shard on all of them and next week when you do the same you will get the 2nd shard and again buy the 252 gear.

Even as a PVPer you should be fully 252 geared in 2 weeks on at least 1 toon if you have several alts to help out.
Do you expect me to believe that you consider this to be reasonable in any way? Plus you're only talking about 252, which is what bolster is set to lol.

Rion_Starkiller
11.27.2018 , 04:56 PM | #192
Yeah, since you are bolstered to 252, it will probably be better to individually upgrade a 252 piece to 258 rather than focusing on buying ALL 252's pieces first.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Totemdancer
11.27.2018 , 08:04 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Yeah, since you are bolstered to 252, it will probably be better to individually upgrade a 252 piece to 258 rather than focusing on buying ALL 252's pieces first.
Agreed.

DzastinBiberi
11.28.2018 , 12:01 AM | #194
Did u people forget that you need Osus rep just to buy these shards?

So 1st you gotta grind the rep in order to buy em from what I've read so far.

Maxitrac
11.29.2018 , 05:00 AM | #195
Heya Musco,
Regarding the 252 and 258 gear on PTS with how all the mod and enhancements are bound to a slot, is there any plan to change this? And if not why?
Thanks
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

ultimarb
11.29.2018 , 05:34 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
Heya Musco,
Regarding the 252 and 258 gear on PTS with how all the mod and enhancements are bound to a slot, is there any plan to change this? And if not why?
Thanks
this is one of the big unanswered questions around...as still the non stacking setboni with 248 and below and the lettered modifications still arent answered too.

Folaan
12.15.2018 , 06:14 AM | #197
From a PvE standpoint: Except, maybe, for GOTM NiM, all other ops at all difficulty levels are perfectly doable with 248. They haven't been re-tuned, as far as I know, for the new 252/258 gear. I'm also betting that NiM GOTM will be doable with 248, at least for the good teams. So, if all you do is PvE, the conclusion is quite simple: don't even go to Ossus and do not waste your time there. Or go once to see the map, maybe do the dailies and World Bosses once for the achievements and that's it. Let your sub drop and wait till 6.0 arrives.

From a PvP standpoint: just rollback to 4.0. All decisions regarding pvp gearing from 5.0 onwards have been lackadaisical if not outright useless / idiotic. The actual solution to PvP is to make separate skill trees and gear. That would completely remove the indignation that PvE players feel when their abilities are changed due to PvP concerns as well as add complexity to PvP. But then, that'd require a lot of real work instead of refurbishing yet another armor/mount/deco to sell in the CM.

SWTOR thy name is super barbie online - with lightsabers.

Framethepicture
12.19.2018 , 04:22 PM | #198
Let's be fair... There is no real reason for Command Levels, Crates and Tokens anymore... Its all the way to 248, which is now outdated gear.
Bolster is at 252 anyway... and farming is again the way for to gearing.

Basically, you can clear the rest of the tokens and make them money, even those Crates from Alliance, put a vendor, as usual, for "old" gear. Forget greens, blues, purples, and FP tokens. Simplify the gear and rewards again. Things got over-complicated again, and with no real advantage to players.

Just masterwork, mats and UC is enough, from all content. The rest are a waste of time either way. Unify the rewards, so all content is fair game. CXP did that, but seems useless after 5.10.

248's at vet OPS, 252s at MM OPS(and GOTM vet) and go from there. Let the farming erupt.... again.

battycoda
12.23.2018 , 10:01 AM | #199
Gear should drop from Ops, not mats to make gear. PvP mats should make PvP gear that is used in PvP, not needing to do PvP to get mats to make pseudo gear for PvE and PvP combined.

Just my two cents worth and two cents won't buy you anything.

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!