Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bridge datacron figured out. Hold the line mission completed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Bridge datacron figured out. Hold the line mission completed

Khevar
11.21.2018 , 08:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
I don't view it like that tools like heroic moments and unity are things you earn through long hours of game play to unlock each ability so it's not a cheat it's a tool meant to be used and like I said I believe any class can solo it but they have to approach it in a way that takes advantage of their abilities.
Also, isn't this an H4 heroic?

If so, taking advantage of high-influence companions and Heroic Moment is a practically given when trying to solo it.

Totemdancer
11.21.2018 , 11:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Also, isn't this an H4 heroic?
Here is everyoneís answer to why itís not supposed to be soloable

Quote: Originally Posted by JackieCao View Post
Hey everyone,

Iím Jackie, one of the world designers working on Ossus. Iíve been reading feedback on the Ossus Daily Missions and have seen concerns about balancing for Heroics (such as the above quote). I want to clear up any confusion and highlight the design goals we have for them.

For Ossus, we want to have some more difficult content that encourages group play, something to add variety among the soloable content we have. To achieve that goal, weíre reintroducing [Heroic 4] Missions which some of you may remember from the base game. These are Heroics that will be balanced for 4 players or 2 players and 2 companions. [Heroic 4] Missions are not designed to be soloed. Players who obtain higher tiers of gear or who are higher skilled may be able to clear them solo with a companion, which we are fine with.

We appreciate the feedback given so far, so keep it coming! Be sure to include in your feedback how many players and Companions were in your group, the level of your Companions, and the groups gear level.

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie
And before everyone gets upset about not being able to complete the weekly

Quote: Originally Posted by JackieCao View Post
So to clarify our design goal a bit more, we will still have [Heroic 2+] missions on Ossus. There will be just 1 [Heroic 4] Mission.

The plan is not to force anyone to play the [Heroic 4] Missions, it's to provide an option for people who want to play group content. There will still be soloable [Heroic 2+] Missions. The heroics are also not a part of the dailies/weekly's that give masterwork shards so playing the heroics is not needed to obtain the higher tiers of gear. There is a Weekly Heroic Mission that will require players to complete 3 Heroics in a week, but the players are free to choose whichever Heroics they want to complete. You can in fact complete the same Heroic Mission 3 times to complete the Weekly Heroic Mission.

Thanks

-Jackie

Estelindis
11.22.2018 , 04:39 AM | #23
Based on the kiting suggestion, I was subsequently able to solo this with my healer sage. I feel like it's not exactly peak gameplay to be running around just out of reach like a headless chicken, throwing DoTs on opponents and healing allies (mainly myself), but whatevs, at least it worked. And it does soothe my pride a bit to hear from the devs that it wasn't intended to be solo'd.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
most of the complaints are likely from people not thinking it through and just want it to be a cake walk
What a lovely thing to say. No, I complained because it was insanely hard if intended to be possible to solo. When I finally succeeded on my healer, it was with an average rating of 255 gear, heroic moment, unity, a stim, a freaking cantina drink(!), and influence 50 Shae. But the main change was that, as kiting was suggested, I never stopped moving. In previous attempts I tried to stay near my companion to heal them, and if it looked like my sage was about to die I'd throw up her invulnerability bubble so she could heal a bit, but while healing her my companion would get completely toasted as all the enemies would immediately focus on the companion. While kiting relentlessly, my companion picks off the enemies and I really just have to heal myself. It'll be interesting to try it again and see if kiting works just as well without all the extra bells and whistles of OP legacy abilities and consumables. But I don't think kiting is some amazing tactic. To me, kiting is cheesy, boring, and ultimately a cheat. It doesn't rely on quick reactions or tactical use of abilities. If that's the only way for my sage to solo this heroic, then it makes sense that it was not intended to be solo'd.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Kaizersan
11.22.2018 , 12:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Based on the kiting suggestion, I was subsequently able to solo this with my healer sage. I feel like it's not exactly peak gameplay to be running around just out of reach like a headless chicken, throwing DoTs on opponents and healing allies (mainly myself), but whatevs, at least it worked. And it does soothe my pride a bit to hear from the devs that it wasn't intended to be solo'd.

What a lovely thing to say. No, I complained because it was insanely hard if intended to be possible to solo. When I finally succeeded on my healer, it was with an average rating of 255 gear, heroic moment, unity, a stim, a freaking cantina drink(!), and influence 50 Shae. But the main change was that, as kiting was suggested, I never stopped moving. In previous attempts I tried to stay near my companion to heal them, and if it looked like my sage was about to die I'd throw up her invulnerability bubble so she could heal a bit, but while healing her my companion would get completely toasted as all the enemies would immediately focus on the companion. While kiting relentlessly, my companion picks off the enemies and I really just have to heal myself. It'll be interesting to try it again and see if kiting works just as well without all the extra bells and whistles of OP legacy abilities and consumables. But I don't think kiting is some amazing tactic. To me, kiting is cheesy, boring, and ultimately a cheat. It doesn't rely on quick reactions or tactical use of abilities. If that's the only way for my sage to solo this heroic, then it makes sense that it was not intended to be solo'd.
Just need to focus your companion on the ranged dps 1st then it's all down hill.

LordAppius
12.02.2018 , 09:56 AM | #25
My problem isn't that i can't complete it alone, the dev didn't understand my issue. I am totally against with the path that bioware decided unilaterally to take by making the game soloable. I miss heroic 2 and heroic 4, but this is not like they used to be. If i kite stuff and use a companion that is clearly op ( there are soem and bioware and the devs can't deny it, just needs to be fact checked by the amount of healing that some do vs others, when one has a 56 k healing and others have a 16 k healing this clerarly says this guy is op or we as dev team didn't do a good job balancing stuff or we want ppl to buy or stuff, the latter i fully support since they need revenue, and this isn't a whiteknight gibberish, sadly the game focus more on releasing cosmetic than actual content)

My problem is that the game is just to gosh darn easy. When you have videos of ppl killing Tyth in a 2 man group it shows severall things:

a) some classes are far superior than others in terms of survivability

b) the game is not balanced at all

If they want to reintroduce difficulty levels to the game they should look what it was done until 3.0 where you could die in certain planets. I remember the first time i started playing the game, when the cap was still at level 50, and you coudl die several times when you went to corellia. Even if you had ops gear. By making the game more difficulty it doesn t mean give an enemy 100% more hp and 100% more damage, this is not difficulty, this is just lazyness.

Also the heroic missions, most, are really boring. This game consists on go everywhere and kill X enemies, at least they aren't skytroppers anymore, cause eveyrone got fed up of walking 3 meters, even stealthed and getting flooded by skytroppers. Whoever thought that was a good idea clearly never played a game ....

If you want to reintroduce difficulty into the missions again please think about something more clever, this is your job tbh....

Also adding 252 and 258 gear is just a shady and low move from bioware and the devs who thought about it, as i've said countless times. The game doesn't need more "rng is exciting" (trademark), the game desperatly need is content which is hard, and this applies to all content. I remember when i leveled my sentinel to level 50 and went to the last mission at the sith temple on DK, that mission was not easy. Most vanilla bosses nowa re one shoted or you can basically spam your level 1 skill that they will die, how is this difficult ? Please think a bit outside the box, but don't think outside the box like you did with kotfe and kotet, that was god awful everywhere. A story with more holes than a swiss cheese and less logic than a drunk man trying to be logic ...
Swtor ruined after 4.0