Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Status of SWTOR on Twitch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Status of SWTOR on Twitch

Toraak
07.29.2018 , 07:35 PM | #11
I don't do twitch either. I don't care to record so others can watch me play, and I don't care to watch anyone else play any game. I'd either A) Play the game myself or B) ignore the game, because I have no interest in it. Watching someone else play a game is boring as ****.

Looking at Twitch numbers to see how well the game is doing is massively flawed.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

DuchessKristania
07.29.2018 , 07:37 PM | #12
It could also be a reflection on the difference in the entertainment value of the casters rather than the game itself.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

JennyFlynn
07.29.2018 , 07:45 PM | #13
SWTOR's player base is smaller, everyone knows that and it'll reflect in their Twitch viewers as well. Doesn't say a whole lot otherwise especially not when there are plenty of people who'd prefer to read the cliff notes on Dulfy or elsewhere rather than watch the streams.

Props to you though for finding a different stick than the age-old fleet numbers, albeit a more ridiculous one too.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Jdast
07.29.2018 , 07:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
SWTOR's player base is smaller, everyone knows that and it'll reflect in their Twitch viewers as well. Doesn't say a whole lot otherwise especially not when there are plenty of people who'd prefer to read the cliff notes on Dulfy or elsewhere rather than watch the streams.

Props to you though for finding a different stick than the age-old fleet numbers, albeit a more ridiculous one too.
Would you consider e-marrying me?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, given that I also play I WoW and ESO (though the latter is not mentioned in the OP)...

SWTOR is more solo-story driven than the others. I am not (I repeat not) saying WoW and ESO don't have lore, and in many cases (particularly ESO) it is quite good. Hence, the numbers you quote are not remotely surprising.

While I just e-proposed to JennyFlynn, I don't really have an interest in watching her go through a storyline. (Sorry! )

I can get PvP twitch watching, and have done it myself, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

But yes, do we all reading / posting here desire more content -- um, yes.

Dasty

Khaleg
07.30.2018 , 12:29 AM | #15
Wow, the ignorance and lack of any logic of the White Knights here is overwhelming.
It does not mean ANYTHING if YOU are playing without being on Twitch. That is very basic knowledge about statistics and mathematics. Large numbers you know, it's a mathematical law/basic rule in probability calculation.

It does mean something when you compare WoW and SWTOR Twitch numbers, of course it does. The same way fleet populations are indicators for the big picture, yet are being whitewashed by the white knights as well. I don't think ignorance is a healthy state of mind.
It's sad and I really wish it would be different but our beloved game is not that loved and popular as it should be and as it deserves, given it would have been run by a professional company with at least some experience in MMOs from start.
A lot of things were being done wrong, totally wrong, and now we are at a point where EA doesn't invest the neccessary money anymore to turn it around, and now just greedily grabs the easy Cartel market buck from people/customers who are easy victims of that microtransaction rip off business, all with minimal to no effort/investment.
Just an example out of many, what does it tell you about a company and the financial and general priority within the EA infrastructure when the community manager has his marriage and honeymoon and the company has NO replacement for him for several weeks, other than a rudimentary posting bot?! That tells A LOT and appears to me like a 3 people studio, don't fool yourself, and again, I really wish it would be different.

BTW, I AM on Twitch! - but sadly can't deliver a real quality stream until the f... providers at my main place finally offer a better upload speed, but until then I do what I can to at least deliver somewhat interesting content with my guild or solo, yet rather ugly kind of pixeled content due to the shi... upload rate. :-/
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

TrixxieTriss
07.30.2018 , 12:45 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinlanSaathis View Post
I play
I am not on twitch

Your argument is flawed.
Agreed.

And honeslty, why are people even watching twitch instead of playing the game? The only time I look at twitch is for dev streams or if I need to check out how to improve or do something.

I understand why some people stream on twitch, it’s to make money or to help people. But lots of people also do it for ego. The issue is there are so many noobs in this game now, that if they stream on twitch, it will show how bad they are and open them up to derision.

Lastly, you can’t compare WoW to swtor or really any other MMO. Even as it declines with age, WoW still holds the MMO title as the most successful and populated MMO.

A better MMO to compare swtor with might be GW2 as it also has pvp and raid content.

rumpol
07.30.2018 , 01:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post

Exactly this. It is common knowledge the SWTOR playerbase is small. Especially compared to a game like WoW. I bet games like Rift probably have similar Twitch numbers yet they are still going. What is your point OP?

merovejec
07.30.2018 , 01:58 AM | #18
Judging swtor based on Twitch is very very biased. The viewer numbers are totaly not representative. For example people mostly watch the PVP streamers and when those stream they all their friends are "viewing" them. You can basically see the same names everywhere. This CAN show you how small the community is but it definitely does not reflect the game population.

I watch swtor on twitch only 1 hour per day when im in the gym and thats during lunch hours for example. Why on earth would I watch it at 8 pm or 12 am when Im playing the game myself?
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

LeMage
07.30.2018 , 08:02 AM | #19
Play SWTOR
Don't use Twitch.

And?........
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

Khaleg
07.30.2018 , 08:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Judging swtor based on Twitch is very very biased. The viewer numbers are totaly not representative. For example people mostly watch the PVP streamers and when those stream they all their friends are "viewing" them. You can basically see the same names everywhere. This CAN show you how small the community is but it definitely does not reflect the game population.

I watch swtor on twitch only 1 hour per day when im in the gym and thats during lunch hours for example. Why on earth would I watch it at 8 pm or 12 am when Im playing the game myself?
Quote: Originally Posted by LeMage View Post
Play SWTOR
Don't use Twitch.

And?........
People here just don't get even the very basics of statistics. That is sad. What do they teach in schools nowadays? Creative free dance? :-)
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude