Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HKtheindomitable
03.30.2018 , 11:25 AM | #21
I'm going to be a bad person and make assumptions based on what I read with no more detail. Hence the information request and attempt to understand.

Please, explain in the stream with SWTORCentral, how this helps alts. The big issue, as was raised, is that most are once per legacy each day. I mean, I can kind of see it. If you complete your personal goal on one toon, there's really no point in continuing on that one character. Use alts to continue, hence the 50/100/150 missions and the multiple crafting missions. And a daily mission to complete wz, op, gsf, etc would be useful, again if there is no point in continuing on one toon.

However, this still doesn't address doing them on multiple alts if that is not the case (being that it's not pointless to continue on one toon). And I refer to it addressing the "once per legacy per day" issue.

This is a partial step in the right direction, more tasks is cooler as it's more options. And it's true, that if you complete your personal on one toon, and want to switch, you can and get it on another while still completing the conquest mission.

I know I'm being a broken record, but the "once per legacy per day" is really the biggest problem. Emphasis on the "ONCE" part. HUGE emphasis. Making it once per toon, and not LEGACY, will have a huge improvement impact.

Maybe we're too dense to see the subtlety and how it does work. And I know games should really give us a window to take a break and step away for a while. I hope for an explanation on this during the stream.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

DarthSpuds
03.30.2018 , 11:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RPMSKMC View Post
IF Conquest was based on Legacy then completing objectives would apply points to all characters in a legacy NOT to only one they were completed on. Since it is faintly possible (rarely probable) to cap personal conquest objectives on multiple characters your above statement does not hold water.
^ This.

IF Conquest is "based on Legacy" then Points earned should be applied to ALL Toons on that Legacy.

As they are not we MUST conclude that Conquest is Toon Based.
And once we conclude that the only logical follow on is that Per Legacy Lockouts are an error.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

HKtheindomitable
03.30.2018 , 11:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The Conquest system is based around Legacy, so it looks like this:
  • Repeatable - Infinitely repeatable on anyone
  • Daily Repeatable - Once per day, per Legacy
  • One-time - Can be completed one time, per Legacy, per Conquest
Thank you for the clarity on that.

Query: Why are Daily Repeatables once per day, per *legacy*, rather than per toon?

The reason I ask, is because it makes sense for the one-time to be per legacy. But the daily does not. Even if it were restricted to five or ten toons, it would still make more sense than Legacy only. And this is what we have the hardest time understanding.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Joonbeams
03.30.2018 , 11:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
^ This.

IF Conquest is "based on Legacy" then Points earned should be applied to ALL Toons on that Legacy.

And once we conclude that the only logical follow on is that Per Legacy Lockouts are an error.

All The Best
+1 - score one for logic!

Lhancelot
03.30.2018 , 11:35 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ibokagain View Post
Daily repeatable shouldn't be per legacy....this doesn't help playing Alts. Anything per legacy doesn't help alts, as many others have stated do it per character. Clearly not listening.
Yeah this is a good point. But let's be clear in communicating this point. People (including me) need to remove the emotional irrational responses and be clear concise in what still needs pounded out before 5.9.

You conquest players understand this part more than anyone and need to keep expressing why the repeatables should not be legacy restricted.

I also do not understand why it is restricted to legacy when players all have characters on both pub and imp teams. It seems you are forced to only advance the goals of one side effectively and not given the opportunity to reap equal rewards for your effort to both imps and pub guilds that one player may be part of.

5.9 can make some massive improvements, it is headed in the right direction. Keep giving your input, people. Eric has made it clear these changes are not set in stone and they are still open to improving upon these changes scheduled for 5.9.
If you care about the future of this game, please read this post by Joonbeams.
A "Ludicrous and Limited" Path to Tier 5 (a.k.a. the Case for Bolster to 258)
BW/EA, you will lose more players if you continue to punish PVP and alts.

valligurl
03.30.2018 , 11:36 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RPMSKMC View Post
IF Conquest was based on Legacy then completing objectives would apply points to all characters in a legacy NOT to only one they were completed on. Since it is faintly possible (rarely probable) to cap personal conquest objectives on multiple characters your above statement does not hold water.

Properly put "The Conquest system is based around the way we want you to play ..."
^^^ This. If you are forcing us to have it on legacy then make it actually legacy wide.
Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Referrel Link

Seelvir
03.30.2018 , 11:37 AM | #27
Guys ... guys ... get a grip on your underpants with your concerns about legacy and alts.

They WANT to nerf your ability to hit the conquest target on multiple toons. They want that to be hard. They are all but saying those few simple words. "We want getting alts done to be hard."

Why do they want that? You'll have to ask them. I think there are obvious reasons, but there might be less obvious ones too.
Delusions of Grandeur
The Satele Shan Server | Progression | Leisure | PvP

-- www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com --

Joonbeams
03.30.2018 , 11:42 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Seelvir View Post
Guys ... guys ... get a grip on your underpants with your concerns about legacy and alts.

They WANT to nerf your ability to hit the conquest target on multiple toons. They want that to be hard. They are all but saying those few simple words. "We want getting alts done to be hard."

Why do they want that? You'll have to ask them. I think there are obvious reasons, but there might be less obvious ones too.
I've tried to make this argument myself, on their behalf. But no matter how much I try, I can't escape the invariable conclusion that this will lessen play, lessen grind, decrease activity, and generally make the experience less rewarding for all. Ultimately, this will affect the bottom line. So it's perplexing.

See, I don't really do conquest, or anything major here. But I like to have queues that pop and a GTN that's active. So when other players are constantly jumping on different toons and queueing up, selling and buying, etc. it HELPs an uber casual like me have fun for the 30 minutes or so I'm able to log in. This is why I personally care about this issue. Queues have been super slow...

MacCleoud
03.30.2018 , 11:45 AM | #29
^ This.

All The Best
Spuds....this is the Interwebs..... No Logic allowed.

Following logical progression though..... Drop the scores for the Weekly FP/WZ/GSF back down to 1500 or so, and make them available to all characters not just once per legacy.

Ibokagain
03.30.2018 , 11:45 AM | #30
^ This.

All The Best
If legacy only objectives are now your thing then do the above.