Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Empire needs a REAL Emperor.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Empire needs a REAL Emperor.

IoNonSoEVero
08.13.2018 , 04:08 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
you are reading too much into the wrong thing and not focusing on the whole picture on what a sith is.
No, I am focusing on the canon lore, functions of the Dark Council, established character history and fact that we are repeatedly shown that there are many ways to be Sith. You're welcome to disagree, of course.

OldVengeance
08.13.2018 , 07:03 PM | #112
Vowrawn is said to be passionate about hedonism, conquest and cutthroat Sith power plays. He's also been on the Dark Council for decades.That doesn't exactly scream "uniquely non traditionalist". He does seem like the best candidate for Emperor out of the options we have, though. He's friendly and cooperative enough that who could work with most Outlanders, yet still posses the ruthlessness that comes with being Sith.

I think Darth Jadus is certainly the strongest and most intimidating of the old Dark Council members. Under other cirumstances I'd say he'd be perfect for the role of Emperor. But he'd probably be too dark for most players who aren't DS or diehard imperial loyalists. They'd probably have to deal with splitting the Imperial Agent playerbase because many Agents turned against him, while others became his servant.

I do hope they have him come back and play a part in the story in the future. And not a lame "Hey I'm back, oops I'm dead" cameo like in Nathema Conspiracy. Maybe he'd be a background player in the shadows that Agents or other Outlanders could choose to support or not.

Haruen
08.14.2018 , 04:36 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
Vowrawn Takes over as emperor if Acina is killed but like Rans, i expect Vowrawn to take over that position regardless of Acina's status.
Can we get a refugee Acina companion? Bonus points if romancable. =D

Valin_Marr
08.14.2018 , 04:57 PM | #114
Vowran was weak in the warrior story line so don't count on him lasting long as emperor. I almost feel like they backed themselves into a corner story wise because we were emperor or warlord on Zakuul now where do we go? That's why I'm almost thinking they have to basically do a reset. If they wouldn't of wrapped up the Zakuul story line the way they did, leaving us either the fleet or the gravestone it might have worked out with us being a 3rd faction. Now the alliance to me appears to be a weaker than both the empire and the republic. I haven't done the traitor storyline but I watched all the flashpoints .

i would like to see our faction search for Moff Pyron to add his fleet with the weapon the inquistor helped them build. That's about the only way i see us being on even footing with either of the other two.

That being said I don't want Jadus as emperor that shipped has sailed. They will need to come out with someone new imo.

FlameYOL
08.14.2018 , 05:12 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Valin_Marr View Post
Vowran was weak in the warrior story line so don't count on him lasting long as emperor. I almost feel like they backed themselves into a corner story wise because we were emperor or warlord on Zakuul now where do we go? That's why I'm almost thinking they have to basically do a reset. If they wouldn't of wrapped up the Zakuul story line the way they did, leaving us either the fleet or the gravestone it might have worked out with us being a 3rd faction. Now the alliance to me appears to be a weaker than both the empire and the republic. I haven't done the traitor storyline but I watched all the flashpoints .

i would like to see our faction search for Moff Pyron to add his fleet with the weapon the inquistor helped them build. That's about the only way i see us being on even footing with either of the other two.

That being said I don't want Jadus as emperor that shipped has sailed. They will need to come out with someone new imo.
Yeah I don't think Vowrawn is strong, however he's very smart when it comes to cutthroat politics of the Sith Empire so I think if anything he should last a few years based on only pitting his rivals against each other. Also The Alliance lost a lot of its forces but you're still a very powerful and influential warlord, some ships still patrol wild space in the name of the Alliance and you still maintain Odessen as your base.

Well here's the problem with The Silencers and Moff Pyron, the Inquisitor can possibly ask Moff Pyron to completely discontinue the project. During SOR we learn that The Silencers aren't that effective anymore, the Republic has adapted its tactics and the Silencer potency had to be strengthened which started to give too much radiation to the point where some of the Soldiers were having radiation sickness. As SI you can choose to continue the Silencer Project but not overdo it, completely abandon the project or keep upping the Silencer's potency at the expense of your own soldiers. The problem with bringing the Silencers back is:
1. They are not that effective anymore so unless a plot device would fix the radiation leak they would have to be used sparingly
2. It could possibly interfere with player's choices regarding the matter. I think this would be the more believable one to fix so perhaps if you continued the project Pyron references that but if you didn't he reference how after your disappearance he searched the aid of another Sith Lord who managed to give him the resources necessary for the project.

I wouldn't mind Darth Jadus returning truly, but I also agree that him being Emperor has sailed. If anything he would be the third party the Republic and Empire have to defeat.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

kodrac
08.15.2018 , 10:52 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Yeah I don't think Vowrawn is strong, however he's very smart when it comes to cutthroat politics of the Sith Empire
Vowran = Little Finger. It won't end well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You are not some champion of logic, teaching the uninformed about the finer points of the fallacy of argumentation. Nor are you a Community Manager working for Bioware, though at least your prolific posting would be an improvement.

aeterno
08.15.2018 , 04:38 PM | #117
Both factions could use characters/leaders you actually care about.

For a story centric game this has been an issue from launch as vanilla had killed off both the sith emperor & republic chancelor and crippled itself going forward.

And since then it's just been a shooting gallery. Pretty much every character that gets established they rub out the next expansion. Or better said story addition. Not even heavy carriers ala companions are safe, nvm faction leadership. Must be hard to get VO actors to come back or something lol...

So if you dislike the current regime fret not, they'll soon be dead and the next "who is this again" will be in charge.