Does UT know when I need a certain material?

Oteefo

This confounds me.......no matter what I need to make, usually a purple needing a grade 3 or 4 underworld metal, when I go into the missions, the one i need is ALWAYS missing.....it's just uncanny.

it happens, used to be worse but they have tried to better balance the ratio of missions.

you need to clear the whole mission set ( or at least most of them ) to 'reset' the mission list. if all you run is underworld metal lvl 3 ( for example ) and we usually only get two per mission lvl, it will not be enough to re-set the entire mission list.

bottom line, run all the missions for a given lvl. that will re-set that lvl missions. the mats or comp gifts you don't need can be sold on the gtn.

hope this clears things up a bit - :)

PS - no, underworld trading does not know that you want a lvl 3 purple crafting mat. if it did I'd get it drunk and ask for a bunch of Mandalorian Iron or Promethium - :p

Edited by magecutter

If the mission you would like is not there, you can also log-out and log back in to reset the missions :) Therefore not having to run the missions you don't want to :)

Happy crafting :)

Great advice, also if you NEED NEED NEED purple metals then go to the GTM and buy the UT missions for that level. They take a while, but they give 4-8 if I remember correctly

If the mission you would like is not there, you can also log-out and log back in to reset the missions :) Therefore not having to run the missions you don't want to :)

Happy crafting :)

Best way to do it is to pick up all the missions you can, even if you don't want any of them. Then do ship/fleet - log out /log in thing. That will certainly make the ones you want appear. Cancel one unwanted mission at a time and pick the one you want from the "refreshed" list. This way you will probably need only one time the refresh list trick

Edited by wainot-keel