Mission discovery distribution

DataBeaver

I've been running tier 9 slicing mission for a while and have gotten maybe 40-50 mission discoveries. Out of these, probably 10 have been treasure hunting, and another 10 diplomacy (light and dark combined). I've only gotten about three each of slicing and bioanalysis discoveries. Other crew skills fall somewhere in between. This may be just a statistical quirk due to my small sample size, so I'm asking here: has anyone else noticed a similar lean towards certain crew skills? Or are you getting more missions for some other skills, and in the end it balances out?

Mine have leaned toward diplomacy (gotten eight) but the rest are fairly even falling in the three to five range. But in my opinion, eight of one is not that anomalous when the rest are following reasonably close behind.

I have never gotten a slicing one (450 lvl). I haven't kept track of the distribution, but I want the slicing ones so I don't ever get them.

I am probably 0 for 50 to 75 or so on getting the top end slicing missions. If the distribution is 5% or less then that isn't really odd.

I have never gotten a slicing one (450 lvl). I haven't kept track of the distribution, but I want the slicing ones so I don't ever get them.

I am probably 0 for 50 to 75 or so on getting the top end slicing missions. If the distribution is 5% or less then that isn't really odd.

But the distribution is not 5% or less.

Assuming a crit occurs, and that bountiful lockboxes yield wealthy and rich lockboxes yield prosperous (or vice versa I can never remember which is better), and that all "special missions" have an equal chance of coming up, then the distribution is at 12.5%: eight gathering and mission crew skills divided evenly.

Only when you factor in non-crits does the "special mission" distribution fall to approximately 3.125%: 25% chance to crit (not including any companion +crit [best is +2%]) multiplied by the "special mission" distribution of 12.5%.

If slicing is supposed to pop just as often as the other ones are I would be surprised. It sure doesn't seem to work for me.

Like I said, I've gotten 50 to 75 of the 450lvl missions to pop and not a single one has been slicing.

The funny thing is, I was gonna say Slicing is rare too, then decided not to post, then played, and got 5(!) slicing missions in a row. Which I all sold on the GTN since I nowhere get near the same amount of money running them... :p

So I really have no idea on how the distribution is.