Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's Ancestry *SPOILERS*

DiscreteFury

Everyone please keep in mind that I am only level 24 at the moment and have only just reached Tatooine, please do not post anything that ruins the story to come...

So far I'm loving the SI story and the game in general, love the voice acting. My only issue is that some how as a Twi'lek (red ones go faster XD) I'm suposedly the decendant of Kallig, Lord of the Sith (presumably a Sith-Human hybrid). I'm trying to make this make sense in my head, can humans mate with twi'leks?

Please let me know what you think about it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole premise is stupid. I would just ignore that part completely, really. Even if they could produce Twi'lek offspring, they would be hybrids and they were isolationists at the time, what, did they go around the galaxy, kidnapping random ALIENS for the lulz? It goes against everything we know of the current Sith Empire. Let's assume for a moment that all that happened, a Sith Lord, especially a Pureblood, would *never* lower himself to a race like the Twi'leks from his point of view.

Just to add, I have a Twi'lek Assassin as my main and I love the race, so this isn't about hating on them twintails, it's just an observation of the framework.

Even if your ancestor was a human, a Sith Lord would kill the slave that got pregnant and slaves are all that Twi'leks COULD have been in the time of your ancestor. Unless your ancestor was not on Kaas, but went around the galaxy for whatever reason, shagging aliens just to, you know, sample the cuisine.

Edited by Jandi

I think the whole premise is stupid. I would just ignore that part completely, really. Even if they could produce Twi'lek offspring, they would be hybrids and they were isolationists at the time, what, did they go around the galaxy, kidnapping random ALIENS for the lulz? It goes against everything we know of the current Sith Empire. Let's assume for a moment that all that happened, a Sith Lord, especially a Pureblood, would *never* lower himself to a race like the Twi'leks from his point of view.

Just to add, I have a Twi'lek Assassin as my main and I love the race, so this isn't about hating on them twintails, it's just an observation of the framework.

Even if your ancestor was a human, a Sith Lord would kill the slave that got pregnant and slaves are all that Twi'leks COULD have been in the time of your ancestor. Unless your ancestor was not on Kaas, but went around the galaxy for whatever reason, shagging aliens just to, you know, sample the cuisine.

There's no reason to trust anything that Kallig says. The entire SI storyline revolves around lies and betrayal. Kallig was a major Sith Lord, a rival to Tulak Hord, and all we have is his "word" that he is interested in your twi'lek's best success. For all we know he's lying his spectral backside off for many of the same reasons that every other major NPC in the SI story is - it is the central theme of the SI story: lies, murder, and betrayal.

Just because an NPC claims something in a dialogue scene it does not mean it is true, or should be believed. Even if it is true, it doesn't mean that NPC is genuinely interested in your character's success and prosperity.

I'm not claiming he is, in fact, your ancestor. My point was the problems inherent in the supposition. You are right, he was most likely lying for whatever reason. Maybe he merely sensed your power and sought to use you, like all Sith do.

That assumes that the Twi'lek was introduced into the bloodline with Kallig. There have been something like 50 generations since then. Assuming a human/twi'lek is possible, it could have happened in any of the 50 generations none of whom should have been Sith Lords since the Sith Inquisitor is the line's return to power.

That aside, he wears a mask, so he cold be a Twi'lek with a really weird back story.

That assumes that the Twi'lek was introduced into the bloodline with Kallig. There have been something like 50 generations since then. Assuming a human/twi'lek is possible, it could have happened in any of the 50 generations none of whom should have been Sith Lords since the Sith Inquisitor is the line's return to power.

That aside, he wears a mask, so he cold be a Twi'lek with a really weird back story.

Wow, how much of a moron am I, huh? I have no idea why I thought it was him that mated with a Twi'lek. Serves me right for posting before my morning coffee. /facepalm

He can't be a twi'lek though, mask or not he doesn't have the lekku and part of a twi'leks brain is actually in the "tails" so they cannot function without them.

Just because an NPC claims something in a dialogue scene it does not mean it is true, or should be believed. Even if it is true, it doesn't mean that NPC is genuinely interested in your character's success and prosperity.

Shouldn't matter. Truth or not, Lie or not Kallig wouldn't be trying to tell me I'm his decendant if its not even possible and its so obvious the character would know it. Suposedly (decendant or not) the SI is the character that broke Kallig from his madness and start relaxing his hold over the possesed in the temple. You'd think they'd just twist the dialogue some if the race was an alien and link that feat to some ability the SI has instead of lineage.

Till then (if ever) you just kinda just gotta ignore it. I played a human sorcerer up to Taris and the story so far fit prefectly. Playing another race for my assasin though and it doesn't make any sense if you play a non-human or non-sith. Twileks, again doesn't make sense at all. The Rattakai are near-humans, but were only enslaved by the empire after the war started. Pretty much makes any of them related to Kallig half-human anyway. If your gonna be a near-human & human halfbreed... why not just play a bald human.

I agree it should just be ignored though. Their is much more to the game than that part of story. And the options to have multiple races more than makes up for story inconsitancies. Might be neat if they had a recommended races for people playing through the first time though.

Everyone please keep in mind that I am only level 24 at the moment and have only just reached Tatooine, please do not post anything that ruins the story to come...

So far I'm loving the SI story and the game in general, love the voice acting. My only issue is that some how as a Twi'lek (red ones go faster XD) I'm suposedly the decendant of Kallig, Lord of the Sith (presumably a Sith-Human hybrid). I'm trying to make this make sense in my head, can humans mate with twi'leks?

Please let me know what you think about it.

Actually, Kallig (as in the specter Kallig) changes his race based on the race that you chose. So a human Kallig would have a human Kallig as an ancestor, where as a Sith Pureblood would have a Sith Pureblood Kallig, ect.

Edited by Silthir

Kallig is your ancestor not your father. His grandchild could have made it happen with a ratataki and so on til a twilek was involved. It was never said that you are PURE Twi'lek.

It is more than possible that many generations back you are related to someone of another race. My great grandfather had children with a black woman and I am pasty white... She is still my ancestor. (granted human and twilek are a lot different than color)

Kallig is your ancestor not your father. His grandchild could have made it happen with a ratataki and so on til a twilek was involved. It was never said that you are PURE Twi'lek.

It is more than possible that many generations back you are related to someone of another race. My great grandfather had children with a black woman and I am pasty white... She is still my ancestor. (granted human and twilek are a lot different than color)

I already said in a later post that I have no idea why I said something so utterly moronic.

I am about at the same phase as you. I really doubt Kallig has any reasons to lie about you being his offspring. He's just a ghost; he has nothing to gain. He warns you about Zash.

The question is, can twi'leks and humans (or other humanoid species) produce twi'lek offsprings? If so, the story makes sense.

And yeah, it's obvious that Kallig himself didn't have to have a relationship with a twi'lek if so (it could've happened a lot further down the line).

Wow, how much of a moron am I, huh? I have no idea why I thought it was him that mated with a Twi'lek. Serves me right for posting before my morning coffee. /facepalm

He can't be a twi'lek though, mask or not he doesn't have the lekku and part of a twi'leks brain is actually in the "tails" so they cannot function without them.

And yet, a Twi'lek character will "lose" his/her lekku when wearing a mask. It is possible to brush the lack of visible lekku aside as game mechanics or a necessary evil - it's not like they were going to create a new character model for every race.

Shouldn't matter. Truth or not, Lie or not Kallig wouldn't be trying to tell me I'm his decendant if its not even possible and its so obvious the character would know it. Suposedly (decendant or not) the SI is the character that broke Kallig from his madness and start relaxing his hold over the possesed in the temple. You'd think they'd just twist the dialogue some if the race was an alien and link that feat to some ability the SI has instead of lineage.

Till then (if ever) you just kinda just gotta ignore it. I played a human sorcerer up to Taris and the story so far fit prefectly. Playing another race for my assasin though and it doesn't make any sense if you play a non-human or non-sith. Twileks, again doesn't make sense at all. The Rattakai are near-humans, but were only enslaved by the empire after the war started. Pretty much makes any of them related to Kallig half-human anyway. If your gonna be a near-human & human halfbreed... why not just play a bald human.

I agree it should just be ignored though. Their is much more to the game than that part of story. And the options to have multiple races more than makes up for story inconsitancies. Might be neat if they had a recommended races for people playing through the first time though.

The lack of Lekku could be the same graphical glitch that causes player character twi'leks to not have visible lekku with some helmets. I wouldn't read too much into it. There are any number of plausible explanations that range from "flat out lie" to "Kallig was actually a twi'lek!" among others.

I am not a huge fan of just ignoring story elements, but in the end it is your character and you have to do what makes sense for you. My zabrak assassin figures he is either lying (like all Sith seem to do - she hates her fellow Sith) or even if it were true it simply doesn't mater. She was born of the "conquest" of a extremely unwilling zabrak female and a Sith Lord and until discovered as a Force Sensitive herself she was a gladiatorial slave that did double-duty as the "lovely barbaric arm candy" for whoever her owners rented her out to. She would have no trouble killing her bio-father, let alone some centuries old failed sith lord...

And yet, a Twi'lek character will "lose" his/her lekku when wearing a mask. It is possible to brush the lack of visible lekku aside as game mechanics or a necessary evil - it's not like they were going to create a new character model for every race.

Maybe I give BW too much credit in assuming they would take it into account and put a mask on him that shows lekku if they are preset. There are some helmets that show lekku after all. I don't know.

Maybe I give BW too much credit in assuming they would take it into account and put a mask on him that shows lekku if they are preset. There are some helmets that show lekku after all. I don't know.

Yes, but not a full mask like that. You should know that already, considering...

You get Kallig's mask inbetween Nar Shadaa and Tatooine

and it doesn't show the lekku through that mask...

It's been awhile since I leveled my Sin, I forgot about that. Good point. Regardless, the notion of a Twi'lek rising to such prominence during that time period seems highly unlikely.

Unlikely but possible, I mean look at the Twi'lek Inquisitor or the Rattaki Inquisitor, they beat all odds as an alien race and ascended to prominence in an Empire that LOATHED aliens...

Looking at some of the info on Wookiepedia (yeah, I know its not always right). Its not impossible that Kalig could be a twi'lek, and its not impossible for the player to be a twi'lek decended from him. But its pretty darn unlikely.

Kalig was killed by Tulak Hord. The exact time Tulak Hord lived is unknown, but was sometime between 6900 and 5000. During that time the Old Sith Empire was hidden away. We are talking 3000 years or so before the time in the game. No mention of them having twi'lek slaves in their secluded part of the galaxy back then. Even the human dark jedi had to use alchemy to interbreed with the local sith race.

Again, its not impossible. We are talking about fiction, anything can be written in. rofl

Unlikely but possible, I mean look at the Twi'lek Inquisitor or the Rattaki Inquisitor, they beat all odds as an alien race and ascended to prominence in an Empire that LOATHED aliens...

The posibility part is that their were no twi'leks for them to breed with. We are talking about the time period shortly after the dark jedi took over the Sith race. That area of the galaxy was hidden away by some anomoly or something. Their may have been a few dark jedi twi'leks, but how many would it have took to sustain a line till the great hyperspace war (when the Sith Empire and Republic rediscovered each other.)

At least I can't find anything about the Old Sith Empire having twi'leks.

At least I can't find anything about the Old Sith Empire having twi'leks.

Many of the Sith Lords of the Old Sith Empire fell into obscurity, much the same as Kallig did. It's not impossible that there were other Twi'lek Sith...

When speaking with Talos Drellik as part of the companion quest line with him, you can find out

Kallig was "oddly pro-alien"

. Considering that Twi'leks

are the result of gene-engineering

, they might well be now best understood as near-Humans and their ability to pro-create with Humans has come up in Clone Wars cartoon series. It's not far-fetched that Kallig's "pro-alien" sentiments led him to producing hybrid offspring, or that he could have had more mixed background than just Humans and Sith in his own ancestry.

Edited by Rouge

The Revan novel states that, when the Sith fled Republic space after the Great Hyperspace War, they took with them slaves from captured Republic worlds, including Twi'leks. Because the Emperor decreed no slave could ever gain his or her freedom, ANY Twi'lek born into the Empire is automatically a slave.

A Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor is almost certainly descended from one of these slaves.

As to the question of interbreeding: normally, no, impossible. However, Sith Alchemy makes a great many impossible things possible. (You know, Sith Alchemy? The Dark Side power that other Dark Siders look at and say, "Damn, dude, that is WRONG!") It was used to allow the original Dark Jedi who found Korriban and the original Sith race to interbreed with them, so it COULD be used by to allow someone to make with a Twi'lek and produce viable offspring. Of course, the question then becomes, why go to all that trouble?

The Revan novel states that, when the Sith fled Republic space after the Great Hyperspace War, they took with them slaves from captured Republic worlds, including Twi'leks. Because the Emperor decreed no slave could ever gain his or her freedom, ANY Twi'lek born into the Empire is automatically a slave.

A Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor is almost certainly descended from one of these slaves.

Here is the problem with that... Kalig was killed by Tulak Hord before the Great Hyperspace War ever happened. Before that war the Sith only controled a small handful of planets with non-Sith races, no mention of Twi'leks.

I guess, you just gotta assume everyone, everywhere, has twi'lek slaves.

Here is the problem with that... Kalig was killed by Tulak Hord before the Great Hyperspace War ever happened. Before that war the Sith only controled a small handful of planets with non-Sith races, no mention of Twi'leks.

I guess, you just gotta assume everyone, everywhere, has twi'lek slaves.

Not all of the Dark Jedi exiles in 6900 BBY were Human, although considering the later status of Humans in the Sith Empire most of them had to be. There could have been enough Twi'leks among them to establish a viable population, whose standing would have declined as the Humans, Sith and Human-Sith hybrids would have become the elite - perhaps declined enough for them to become slaves already before the Great Hyperspace War.

That said, there arrived a fresh influx of Humans from the Tapani sector in about 5500 BBY, and the feudal Tapani Humans are notorious slavers even in the movie era, and they could have brought Twi'lek slaves with them.