Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lana Beniko Romance

PurpleShepUgly
01.07.2020 , 06:21 AM | #1
hey, first off I'm not really good at doing this kind of stuff and would usually avoid this, but I need help.

So after i finished kotet thinking that I'm in a Relationship with Lana, I remembered people talking about marrying her and I remembered not really having that many (Flirt) option with her, so i googled "Lana Beniko Romance" and it seems like I've encountered a bug, thing I noticed at the Chapter IX of KotFE that it does not tell me that I'm not starting a romance With Lana, How can i fix this? I really need help.

Thank you

edit: I've heard that a way to check if Lana's romance is working properly was to restart chapter 8 and see if she kisses you after the flirt option before you meet heskal, and My character did not kiss her, and at the cutscene on the cantina at chapter IX of kotFE I did not get the dialogue wheel to choose between the [Flirt] option and the normal one, it just cut straight to i need to talk with one of you.

Can someone Help me?

SteveTheCynic
01.07.2020 , 11:35 AM | #2
Sorry to tell you that that character will remain forever devoid of Lana's romance. There are rumours of a possible "fixer" mission for later, but there's nothing concrete.

The basic schema for the next character (the same schema applies to Lana or Koth):
* Start KotFE Chapter I.
* Play through to the beginning of Chapter IX // the end of Chapter VIII *without* there being a patch.
* It doesn't have to be at one straight-through sitting (five or six hours if you watch all the cinematics), but it *can* be.
* For best results, start on Friday night and play at various times during the weekend. They've never released patches other than Tuesday (normal day), Thursday (once in a while, usually for emergency fixes), and Wednesday (*once* only if memory serves), and certainly they wouldn't release one *on* the weekend itself.
* Do not start your "at one sitting" run at 9pm. I did this one time, and finished at about 3am.
* On the way to Chapter IX, flirt with Lana (or Koth if he's your target) at every chance you get.
* Reach the cantina scene in Chapter IX.

When you reach the atrocity wheel(1), it *should* look like this:
1. I want to speak with one of you.
2. [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you.

The exact wording depends on your class, but options 1 and 2 are always the same on the wheel, apart from the [Flirt] tag. Pick Option Two. That takes you to a conversation where you'll get another [Flirt] option. Pick It. You'll get a pop-up warning you that you are about to start a romance. Click CONFIRM.

Then play through the rest of the chapter normally, all the way up to the point where you begin Chapter X (with a cinematic full of blither about "Firebrand").

What if the atrocity wheel has only one option?
1. I want to speak with one of you.

The solution below is slightly theoretical. People have talked about it, but I've never had the problem, so I can't vouch for its validity.

*Immediately* bail out of the conversation by pressing Esc. Start any earlier chapter (use Shift+E to get the Chapters panel, then make sure to press PLAY / LAUNCH so that you get *into* the chapter). Restart Chapter IX and take the flirts with Theron. This reactivates the "Atrocity Wheel Option 2 needed" state on your character.

In all cases, once you've locked the romance in place, make sure to finish the chapter!

Final note: the marriage proposal (we haven't seen the wedding itself) happens at the end of the "series of flashpoints" story arc that follows KotET, in the aftermath of the Nathema Conspiracy step.

(1) "wheel" because it's a dialogue wheel. "atrocity" because it's an atrocity in game story progress management.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Up the Universe!

Tohmas
01.07.2020 , 02:44 PM | #3
Steve, admit it, you have this response in a text document that you copy/paste, don't you? I think I've read this about five times now, lol.
Toh'mas Falmaryon

Want free stuff!? Try my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rpCQ25

SteveTheCynic
01.07.2020 , 03:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tohmas View Post
Steve, admit it, you have this response in a text document that you copy/paste, don't you? I think I've read this about five times now, lol.
I don't need the copy/paste thing because my fingers can type it all by themselves.
Up the Universe!

PurpleShepUgly
01.08.2020 , 03:18 AM | #5
I see, thank you for taking the time to reply to this, I'll make sure to follow your instructions the next time I play again.

Shulot
01.18.2020 , 02:04 AM | #6
I too had the problem with loosing all the flirt and romance options with Lana.

I followed Steve's post, and at the beginning of chapter IX, was able to get the popup about starting the romance with Lana.

I checked her Interactions in the companions window and it did indeed say that I started a relationship with Lana.

Played through the rest of the chapter, and then once it completed I looked again and the note about the relationship was gone....

I replayed from chapter I, and killed about 5 hours.... that's not right.

SteveTheCynic
01.18.2020 , 03:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shulot View Post
I too had the problem with loosing all the flirt and romance options with Lana.

I followed Steve's post, and at the beginning of chapter IX, was able to get the popup about starting the romance with Lana.

I checked her Interactions in the companions window and it did indeed say that I started a relationship with Lana.

Played through the rest of the chapter, and then once it completed I looked again and the note about the relationship was gone....

I replayed from chapter I, and killed about 5 hours.... that's not right.
Had you already (previously) completed the chapter on that character?(1) The game doesn't allow you to rewrite your story, but *during* an open being-replayed chapter, the companion interactions will behave as they would have if you had picked those items previously, but as soon as you leave or finish the chapter, they go back to what they were the first time you played it.

(1) If it was a start-at-65 or start-at-70 character or a skip-past-KotFE-to-Ossus character, they count as having already played through KotFE with no Lana (or any other) romance.
Up the Universe!

Shulot
01.18.2020 , 07:17 AM | #8
Steve,

Thanks.
Poo!
That was a great story developing and something that was worthwhile to roleplay.

-sighs-