Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Victorious Pioneer's armor set

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Victorious Pioneer's armor set

Jmyster's Avatar


Jmyster
11.19.2019 , 01:23 PM | #1
The DvL gear with the 3, 5, and 7 piece XP Bonus increase

Bioware, now that the gear is just a shell and no stats, can we Create/Buy a new set for alts?

The stats on the gear use to be enough to get you by. Now you have to mod them and its difficult to pass between alts when leveling. One day I want to be on my level 23, the next I want to be on my 50.

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
11.19.2019 , 01:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jmyster View Post
The DvL gear with the 3, 5, and 7 piece XP Bonus increase

Bioware, now that the gear is just a shell and no stats, can we Create/Buy a new set for alts?

The stats on the gear use to be enough to get you by. Now you have to mod them and its difficult to pass between alts when leveling. One day I want to be on my level 23, the next I want to be on my 50.
Armor set should be an unlock in collections like other promotion and special event items (cheap cost).

Armor should also be available in game through some sort of regularly recurring events - even if just added to the event vendors on Fleet for mix and match currency of the existing events.

fushnchips's Avatar


fushnchips
11.19.2019 , 02:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Armor set should be an unlock in collections like other promotion and special event items (cheap cost).

Armor should also be available in game through some sort of regularly recurring events - even if just added to the event vendors on Fleet for mix and match currency of the existing events.
no this gear was earned and shouldn't be around for anyone that didn't earn it this type of stuff needs to stop.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
11.19.2019 , 02:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
no this gear was earned and shouldn't be around for anyone that didn't earn it this type of stuff needs to stop.
too late, they've open the flood gates, all they see now is cash signs, nothing rewarded is safe if they can hoc it on the cm. Nothing exclusive is sacred. If they can make a buck from it, you better believe it'll be on the CM.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Darev's Avatar


Darev
11.19.2019 , 03:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Armor set should be an unlock in collections like other promotion and special event items (cheap cost).

Armor should also be available in game through some sort of regularly recurring events - even if just added to the event vendors on Fleet for mix and match currency of the existing events.
I'd gladly pay a CC fee to unlock it in my CM armor collection.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
11.19.2019 , 03:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
no this gear was earned and shouldn't be around for anyone that didn't earn it this type of stuff needs to stop.
I don't think they ever made any promises that DvL armor would be exclusive though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem like the sort of thing they'd want to do from a promotional and business standpoint for something relating to a specific event like that. I'm sure they said something along the lines of "you gotta do this to get it" at the time, but that was at that time.

Personally, I've benefited from it greatly since getting it and no one who got it now would be retroactively getting the use that folks like myself got out of it already. I think that's fair.

So I'm not opposed to the idea of it becoming available again through some other way. Let people enjoy it. Though at this point, I guess it's more like... let people enjoy a mediocre version of it, after the change in armoring?
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
11.20.2019 , 09:35 AM | #7
Levelling is already very easy and quick with no bonus. If you add a 2XP event plus VP armor it just gets ridiculous.

For those who want to jump from alt to alt, I'd suggest using the VP set on one of them, and not bothering to move the VP set around.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.20.2019 , 09:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Levelling is already very easy and quick with no bonus. If you add a 2XP event plus VP armor it just gets ridiculous.

For those who want to jump from alt to alt, I'd suggest using the VP set on one of them, and not bothering to move the VP set around.
All you really need to do is open up all of the XP boosters in your legacy for each character you lvl. There are 6 lvls per category.

You’ve got :

WZ pvp legacy booster
Flashpoint legacy booster,
Exploration legacy booster
Space mission legacy booster
Class story legacy booster
GSF legacy booster
Maybe more??

If you open all of these, which costs about 2.2 mil in total, you can play anything and get a substantial boost. Add a character bound XP booster or CM xp booster and you lvl very quickly.

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
11.20.2019 , 10:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
no this gear was earned and shouldn't be around for anyone that didn't earn it this type of stuff needs to stop.
I earned the full set (5 times!)

I also have no issue with BioWare putting it up for sale at the same cost as the HK-55 Bonus Chapter on the CM to make money, also enabling me to unlock the original set in collections at the same time.

Win / Win. Who really loses by doing these two things?
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Jmyster's Avatar


Jmyster
11.20.2019 , 10:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
All you really need to do is open up all of the XP boosters in your legacy for each character you lvl. There are 6 lvls per category.

You’ve got :

WZ pvp legacy booster
Flashpoint legacy booster,
Exploration legacy booster
Space mission legacy booster
Class story legacy booster
GSF legacy booster
Maybe more??

If you open all of these, which costs about 2.2 mil in total, you can play anything and get a substantial boost. Add a character bound XP booster or CM xp booster and you lvl very quickly.
I understand the other methods of boost. I just think Bioware should add them to the Collections tab or something. I'm more concerned about deleting a piece or heaven forbids I delete a toon that has the whole set