Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worth coming back to?

Brundhila
11.17.2019 , 05:13 PM | #1
As the title states. I loved SWTOR for its story driven content but left due to no endgame. is it worth coming back to for the new content? Thanks.
Wydoe, Operative

MadDutchman
11.17.2019 , 05:26 PM | #2
"Worth coming back to" questions are really hard to give an answer to

Most of the people here are actively playing the game, so it's going to be a rather biased sample

If you left after launch, there is a lot more endgame than there was. Otherwise, can't really help you as this is entirely subjective.

If you are using a referral, my advise is to just play the week as much as you can and see if you want to continue.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

sharkfishman
11.17.2019 , 05:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Brundhila View Post
As the title states. I loved SWTOR for its story driven content but left due to no endgame. is it worth coming back to for the new content? Thanks.
That would depend on how long ago you left.

Onslaught doesn't add much content after Ossus, for example.

However, if you left during/before Knights of the Fallen Empire, then there's a good amount of content that will keep you entertained for at least a month.

The new system appears to create a type of Warframe-esque "endgame" by getting people to grind different bonus armor sets with specific effects for certain powers. So, if you're into paying for a looter, you may enjoy that.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Reeny
11.17.2019 , 05:34 PM | #4
Depends where u are in the Story and what u are looking for.

Have u completed all the basic class stories?

I resubbed to complete the kotet/fallen stories as well as continue on to Onslaught.
Worth the monthly sub for me, one month at least.

Brundhila
11.17.2019 , 05:44 PM | #5
Yes I played the class story for my Operative, LOVED IT, also played up to and completed the Twins storyline. Not sure whats after that but I'll find it. I resubbed for one month, Ill see how it goes. Thanks!
Wydoe, Operative

Benirons
11.17.2019 , 05:50 PM | #6
No. /5chars

TrixxieTriss
11.17.2019 , 08:20 PM | #7
Sure, but it’s short if you’ve already done Kotfe and Kotet.

Ylliarus
11.18.2019 , 03:40 AM | #8
Yes, it's worth coming back to. But, I'll always say that SWTOR is a game worth coming back to. There simply isn't another game like it, regardless of whether there is new endgame content or not. The stories alone (barring the KotFE and KotET expansions) are worth it in my opinion and the fact it's Star Wars set in one of the most interesting eras of the franchise's mythos
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Alekerro
11.18.2019 , 03:54 AM | #9
Its not worth it. Im really cancellin my sub (first time since i pre-ordered swtor) coz they really fckd up with "new expansion". Story for 3 hours and over9000 hours for grind and nothing? And thats what we waited for? lol

TOP 1 (2012) and TOP 2 (2013) PVP player. The Sith Wyrm server
Founder, Magnate and Living Legend - Alekero.
always subscribed 180d 7 days of TRIAL subscription click

star-forge
11.18.2019 , 06:33 AM | #10
no not really tbh as i have canceled my sub as i believe BW/EA do not know how to manage this game any longer just look at anthem for one and when was the last good game released by these ppl