Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Victorious Pioneer's Armor set.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Victorious Pioneer's Armor set.

SteveTheCynic
09.12.2019 , 01:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
What I liked about Pioneer gear was the rated 160 armor augment was "built in" meaning one only needed to add the mod and enhancement augments if upgrading. Because the Pioneer set overbolstered in PVP the Bioware solution was to add a removable rated 160 legacy armor augment, which could be make any gear give the extra XP bonus if modded with the armor augment.
When it was originally released, the fixed-armoring version was only 128-blue rated. 5.0 came later and changed it to 160-yellow in removable armorings.
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
In retrospect I should have finished the DvL characters to get a full set of Pioneer gear along with the white Harley-Davidson-esque speeder bike.
The speeder looks nice, but makes a really annoying noise as you move around, which is why I don't use it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ImmortalLowlife
09.12.2019 , 10:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Basically, what I do when starting a new alt is to put the armor in legacy storage, and then take it out on my new alt. (Immediately after the opening cutscenes, you can travel to your Stronghold.) I simply use it as the "base" armor, and put anything "cosmetic" into an "outfit". So, no mailing, no removing mods.
Even if you are playing several alts at the same time - it would be easier to just dump the set into Legacy storage than remove mods or mail it. Or, an even easier thought - the levelling is so quick you could simply not bother with the XP boost.
If your legacy storage is full - it's time to move some of that lesser used stuff - low level mats, unused armor - to some alt's cargo hold.
You just seem to be making things difficult for yourself. Yes, it would be easier if the Vic set was in Collections, but it's not - so it's time to clear out that Legacy storage. 😄
I like being overpowered while playing, and faceroll STOMP through everything, so I always upgrade the mods while playing. I don't care about something being "challenging"....I prefer "easy mode". I play for story. I get enough challenge just surviving in my city on a daily basis.

I also have 6 outfit slots unlocked on every character, and the armor in my legacy storage are legacy pieces from CXP packs that I use often in conjunction with the 10 pages of unlocked armor sets in my collections.

Same with the mats. I make millions daily crafting items that use low level mats, so everything I have in my legacy storage is being used.

It's nice to know we're getting some kinda "crafting bag" for mats in the coming expansion (I hope). That'll free up at least 4 bays of my legacy storage. I'd still like you be able to get multiple copies of the xp armor tho. Whether it's from collections, or a vendor..... I'm good either way.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

ElZaguero
09.13.2019 , 02:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
You'd be surprised. Around Voss, the total mastery you can get from the +XP armorings plus level 65 green fleet-vendor mods and enhancements tops out *below* the planetary mastery cap. Several of the +XP armorings have +Presence instead of +Mastery.
I really do thank you for mentioning the details of this. Sincerely.

I probably knew the bonuses were attached to the armorings rather than the shells at some point, but I "lost" these for years, and then discovered them in the bank of a looooooong-neglected alt last week. I looked at the armorings, thought, "those are some ****** stats!", and promptly pulled them out. I was *not* stupid enough to let them be deleted, but I just assumed the bonuses were on the shells, and didn't even bother to look. When I read your post just now, it moved me to go look, and I discovered my error, thanks to you.

So obviously these are meant only for training up baby alts. Hmmph. Still, gift horses....

Exly
09.14.2019 , 02:17 PM | #14
Has anyone tested this gear on the pts to see if it works?

I know that other set bonuses are going away because they are applied to armomrings, and I wonder if they are going to move them to the shells for the expansion.

phalczen
09.15.2019 , 04:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Has anyone tested this gear on the pts to see if it works?

I know that other set bonuses are going away because they are applied to armomrings, and I wonder if they are going to move them to the shells for the expansion.
Its entirely broken. The set bonus is gone from the armorings and the shells.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Exly
09.16.2019 , 05:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Its entirely broken. The set bonus is gone from the armorings and the shells.
Thanks. This is the answer that I was expecting.

I hope that they add the set bonus to the shells for 6.0 so that we can still use this gear.

It would be really bad form for them to let this slip, and to in essence take back this subscriber participation perk from those that earned it. It would make me wonder what other subscriber rewards they might plan to take back in the future.

JediQuaker
09.16.2019 , 07:25 AM | #17
If the highbie previous-user left highbie mods and/or enhancements in it, the lowbie won't be able to equip it without paying to remove them. Well, in fact, if you left any mods at all in it, a below-8 won't be able to use it without removing them.
On re-thinking this, I wonder which would be more cost effective - removing the mods, or removing the armorings and placing them in some other armor? (Which is what I did - but I never actually noted the cost.)
And, let's face it - this armor is for people who are levelling alts. Surely they have enough credits to remove or move the armoring or mods.
(I do realize, however, that some people treat credits like real money and try to spend as little as possible, for no real reason. 😉 )
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Savej
09.16.2019 , 10:55 AM | #18
For leveling I can go 1 to 70 using starter gear. Since 4.0 I've never put any mods in my leveling gear and I never come close to dying unless I run my character off a cliff or something like that. I do use blue weapons, relics, implants, etc as I find them but I never felt like I needed them. Heroics, story fps and the main story quests are all super easy at the moment.

SteveTheCynic
09.16.2019 , 11:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
On re-thinking this, I wonder which would be more cost effective - removing the mods, or removing the armorings and placing them in some other armor? (Which is what I did - but I never actually noted the cost.)
And, let's face it - this armor is for people who are levelling alts. Surely they have enough credits to remove or move the armoring or mods.
(I do realize, however, that some people treat credits like real money and try to spend as little as possible, for no real reason. 😉 )
I believe the armorings, despite their rating and yellow colour, are free to remove. I'd have to dig through my alts to find the armour(1), so I'm not in a position to try it quickly.

(1) Assuming that I haven't managed to delete it along with an alt in a fit of tidymindedness...
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JediQuaker
09.16.2019 , 03:19 PM | #20
I believe the armorings, despite their rating and yellow colour, are free to remove.
I just tried it and, yes, they are free to remove. They're even free to remove from a different mod-able set. (That is, I removed the armoring from a Vic Pioneer head - no cost - put in a different BoL headpiece, and then removed it from the second piece - still no cost.)

So, the most cost effective way to use them would be to equip each alt with a set of orange (mod-able) armor and swap the armorings around as desired. Then it costs nothing and you don't have to worry about removing any other mods.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV