Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A New Class: Is It Still Possible In SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A New Class: Is It Still Possible In SWTOR?

taxidermis
11.10.2018 , 08:22 PM | #21
At this point I doubt it unless the game does a massive comeback.. so possible. as it has been said by devs that 2019 is to be the biggest year yet in game.
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

darthisraphel
11.10.2018 , 08:54 PM | #22
Not sure if we'll ever get new classes but some new specs would be cool.
I've always wanted something like Count Dooku for sorc or assassin, A duelist who uses finesse instead of brute strength and uses a bit of lightning and other abilities (although really I could have this if they just let me use a single saber on assassins.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/rwy3kk
you can click my referral link and get 7 free days of subscription, N-not that I want you to, BAKA!

kodrac
11.10.2018 , 08:54 PM | #23
No. The way each class has it's own vanilla story... no. No way they'll make another class story. They struggle with stories between flashpoints. If they made a new class it would have to be something post vanilla without a story which would severely limit what you could do with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Iíd find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Kamylle
11.11.2018 , 12:03 AM | #24
I like your idea for a new class. I am all for it. But I feel that if a new class gets added, they would need to ad two. One force class and a non force class. Think about it. If one of those got implemented and the other not, how would the "community" act? I personally wouldn't care, I would gladly play any class. I think if you were going to bring something in like what you were saying with the summoning and animals, extend it to the non force class and make like a beast-master/trainer type class. I would play the crap out of that.
"May your day rock and you be lucky enough to receive Bacon." - Me

Refer a Friend Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/bQZtG2

DarthSpuds
11.11.2018 , 04:08 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
Not sure about the Jedi mirror class, but here's my idea for a new Sith class : a sort of necromancer able to not only summon the dead but also use all sorts of abominations as a second companion for a limited time.
Jedi Mirror class could be the Beastmaster.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Ylliarus
11.11.2018 , 05:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
No. The way each class has it's own vanilla story... no. No way they'll make another class story. They struggle with stories between flashpoints. If they made a new class it would have to be something post vanilla without a story which would severely limit what you could do with it.
Which is indeed one of the main reasons why it would be very difficult for the devs to add a new class. You could potentially do something post-vanilla, a brief class story that gets you to know the character and then continue with the main story that will be introduced in 6.0. But the problem with that is that you'll have 8 classes that have been the Outlander/Alliance Commander and 1 class that wouldn't have been. I admit it's easier to keep up with something like that in a new story rather than retroactively add stuff, but it might require more resources than Bioware has at the moment.

A possible solution would be maybe to add a 3d Advanced Class to one of the main classes we have already. Take the idea I posted in the OP for example, the Sith Alchemist and Jedi Seer could be an advanced class of the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular respectively.

Yet the issue with that is which of the 8 classes do you favour with an additional Advanced Class? On top of that, if they'd add an additional Advanced Class to one of the main classes, would the devs eventually have to add additional Advanced Classes for the others as well?
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

phalczen
11.11.2018 , 09:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
add a 3d Advanced Class to one of the main classes we have already. Take the idea I posted in the OP for example, the Sith Alchemist and Jedi Seer could be an advanced class of the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular respectively.
I guess you donít play Consular much because there is already Jedi Seer, itís the heal spec. Given the way companions work, a Beastmaster or Undead summoner doesnít really work either. When you add in the factors of time to create two fully cinematic voiced over vanilla class stories Iíd say this has no chance.

Iíd rather they work on content that all classes can enjoy, than make a pair of new classes that youíll have to level up to 70, then level through GC rank 300, then progress through KOTFE/KOTET/Traitor storyline, etc.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

TyonYlle
11.11.2018 , 10:02 AM | #28
I like everything that has been stated in this thread, I agree that it's unlikely, but probable assuming 2019 rejuvenises the game. I do have a question, though, and admittedly I'm not a lore person so excuse me ignorance. But, necromancy sounds pretty similar to Darth Plagues's schtick? So, I'm just wondering if that wouldn't be the best path to take any, potential "hypothetical" new class?

Celise
11.11.2018 , 10:31 AM | #29
alchemist i can see being added as an advanced class to the SI, in much the same way i can see Jedi General and Sith Commander going to the JK and SW.

i can see possibilities for new classes like imperial soldier and republic spy. The imperial solider does a similar thing to the republic soldier, the republic spy also does the same to the imperial spy, only a lot less shady in dark dealings.

having the perfect mirroring of classes and knowing how these sides view their conflicts gives a greater insight in the warfront.

LordRapheus
11.11.2018 , 11:20 AM | #30
I wouldn't mind seeing a non force using melee character, using the old "throwaway" weapons, force pikes, electrostaves, and so on.

An old game I use to play, Mortal Kombat influenced, was Masters of Terras Kasi. This non force using martial art was hinted at in Rogue One, with the blind member of the Church of the force, and verified in Han Solo Story.

So, Instead of yet another Jedi or Sith class, why not have the Terras Kasi Monk start at Level 50, on its own unique planet, choosing it's faction at the end of the area as the climax of the story?

The counterpart to this, since the classes seem to be done in two's, could steal an idea from a couple of posters ago on this thread, and intorduce the Terras Kasi Beastmaster.
Experience is a cruel teacher. First comes the final exam, and the lessons come after.
Hiking gives an important life lesson. If you wish to see farther, climb to a higher vantage point.
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JpFSYK