Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Name

FlameYOL
06.09.2019 , 08:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I think the fact that everyone consistently calls him Valkorion in Kotfe and Kotet is just to simplify the conversations and/or avoid confusing players. I feel like it would be more realistic that the Republic and Imperial characters would all refer to him by the name they knew him as instead of Valkorion, but Valkorion was the name associated with those expansions.

It's not 100% clear why Valkorion's behavior changed, but I thought the idea was simply that he got tired of the act after a while.
Agreed on both accounts.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

MadDutchman
06.09.2019 , 11:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Krimlord View Post
Centuries before she's born? Senya said Valkorion had changed though. He was kind, benevolent, until the kids were born. And turned into a monster.

I suppose you can say he abandoned his identity it's just like he is only known as Valkorion now. Like tenebrae doesn't exist. Only Valkorion. And yet he was called Tenebrae by his father.
The implication I got from that was this coincided with his renewed interest in the events going on in the rest of the galaxy (such as possessing a Voss Mystic, or performing a galaxy consuming ritual). It's implied that he could only truly inhabit one body at a time, so this would result in Senya's "ignoring us for weeks at a time"

Valkorian himself stated he was "different here." Not that he was changing identities so much as just changing acts
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

ShidoOhtori
06.23.2019 , 11:36 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I think the fact that everyone consistently calls him Valkorion in Kotfe and Kotet is just to simplify the conversations and/or avoid confusing players. I feel like it would be more realistic that the Republic and Imperial characters would all refer to him by the name they knew him as instead of Valkorion, but Valkorion was the name associated with those expansions.
It's common practice for visual media to associate one name with one character -- unless the plot specifically calls for something otherwise, in which, eventually, that new or those other new names will become "universal" as well. This is done so that the audience can keep track of the characters, but it does become extremely jarring when a character would say or refer to a name that would [plot-wise] not mean anything to them.