Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Lana Beniko romance bug still occurs? If so, how can I avoid it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Does Lana Beniko romance bug still occurs? If so, how can I avoid it?

StaarRunner
06.08.2019 , 04:39 PM | #1
I just returned after a year of not playing, and finished storyline on my Sith Warrior. Today I played Forged Alliance, and pursued a romance with Lana Beniko. Now, I heard that there is this bug which is caused by a patch, that resets your progress in your romance with her, and that it occurs during KotFE.

My questions are - Does this bug still occurs? If so, how can I avoid it? How does this work exactly? Additional problem is, that there's a maitenance soon on 11th of June, which will prolly result in patch. I don't think I will be able to finish SoR, KotET and KotFE until the maitenance.

SteveTheCynic
06.09.2019 , 04:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by StaarRunner View Post
I just returned after a year of not playing, and finished storyline on my Sith Warrior. Today I played Forged Alliance, and pursued a romance with Lana Beniko. Now, I heard that there is this bug which is caused by a patch, that resets your progress in your romance with her, and that it occurs during KotFE.

My questions are - Does this bug still occurs? If so, how can I avoid it? How does this work exactly? Additional problem is, that there's a maitenance soon on 11th of June, which will prolly result in patch. I don't think I will be able to finish SoR, KotET and KotFE until the maitenance.
The "there was a patch" bug goes something like this (although its existence is disputed):
* It does not affect the romance with Lana *or* Theron during the Revan/Vitiate series(1)
* The bug is "armed" (made possible) when you begin, I believe KotFE Chapter III, or possibly even just when you begin KotFE.
* The bug is "disarmed" (made impossible) when you finish KotFE Chapter IX.
* It does not affect KotFE Chapters X to XVI, nor post-KotFE content.
* The bug is "set off" by there being a patch after you armed the bug, but before you disarmed it, that is, after you begin KotFE but before you finish Chapter IX.
* The "To Find a Findsman" mission that you'll get is granted in Chapter IX but is not part of it, and you can and should leave that until after you have locked in the romance.

Good news:
* If there's no patch in that time, that bug won't bite you.
* If you fall victim to the bug, the situation can be recovered. Read on.
* Playing through KotFE Chapters I to IX takes five or six hours of gameplay, including watching all the cinematics, although that doesn't allow you a lot of time for "tourism" on Zakuul and Asylum.

To determine that you have been affected by the bug, watch carefully during the infamous "cantina" scene in Chapter IX. At one point, you ask to speak to one of the KLT (Koth, Lana, Theron) companions, and the game (if everything is going well) presents you with an atrocity of game story navigation design. It's a dialogue wheel with two options. How can that be an atrocity?

Well, you're speaking to Theron immediately before, and you get this wheel:
1. I'd like to speak with one of you
2. [Flirt] I'd like to speak with one of you

I'm not kidding. That's it. The second option does *not* mean "I'd like to speak with one of you right after I flirt with Theron". No, it means "I'd like to flirt with one of you".

WARNING: if you want to pursue your romance with the companion you've been flirting with, pick 2. During the conversation that follows, you will get another [Flirt] option. Pick this and you'll get a popup warning about locking in a romance. Confirm it with the CONFIRM button.

What happens if the bug has bitten you? Well, option 2 is not shown. It's as simple as that, but the situation can be rescued. Immediately press Esc to bail out of the conversation, and restart one of the earlier chapters using the Chapter menu (Shift+E) or the Activities menu (Ctrl+G). Then restart Chapter IX and flirt with Theron when he arrives. This returns the full set of KLT "romance states" to the correct state for what you did in the earlier chapters, and it is why we never see complaints about this bug for Theron.

EDIT: footnote
(1) In-game, "Shadow of Revan" refers strictly to the story on Rishi and Yavin plus the Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi flashpoints. The "Prelude to Revan" ("Forged Alliances") story (Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime flashpoints) and "Rise of the Emperor" story (Ziost) were released separately.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

OldVengeance
06.09.2019 , 11:47 AM | #3
I have noticed that Chapter 8 is a good way to test if the Lana romance is bugged. Or at least there was a Lana romance bug that can be dealt with in Chapter 8 sometimes. If you are able to kiss her at the start, before you go to meet Heskal, the Lana romance is working properly. If you don't kiss her after the flirt, then something is wrong and she won't appear to save you at the end. But I've noticed I've been able to get it work properly if I restarted the chapter before finishing it for the first time.