So what's the longest you've spent looking for an HK-51 component?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half an hour for me on Taris...and it was just me and one other in the area

Half an hour on DK...and there were a lot of us there doing the same thing

15 mins on Hoth...same situation as DK

Virtually no time on Coruscant...literally a minute after I got there on my Vanguard, someone had found it and called out

10 min each on Taris, Coruscant

15 on DK, Hoth

Everyone in the zone on the quest teamed up and combed the area then called out coords so we could help pinpoint. Good job by Bioware for encouraging some coop/teamwork. Doubt I'd have the patience to do this solo.

Edited by Projawa

Did them in this order and times:

Taris: 5 mins

Coruscant: 5 mins

Hoth: 15 mins

DK: 45 mins, got fed up and someone announced that they were within 5m on another instance, so we transferred over and arrived just as they uncovered it, made a mad speeder dash to the yellow beam and got it with seconds to spare.

It is really easy when there is a large number of players (even if they are not grouped) searching the same area, trouble on our instance of DK was that we were the only group (just 2 of us) searching, and DK seems to be the largest area. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant is a smaller area than DK and on Hoth and Taris you just stay fairly close to the crashed ships. But on BK it could be anywhere on the Temple Approaches, which is a big area.

Edited by magi_melcior

The Dromund Kaas is a pain in the *****..

When i first do this quest for one of my toons there was 10-15 ppl doing it.. and it took nearly 20min to find it.

Now, im trying to do this quest for my another toon. Noone but me searching DK.

Took an hour of search with no result.

Thats really ridiculous for BW to make such a huge area to search.

Edited by Missandei

SnowyAngel--the pieces obtained on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are "bind to legacy." You can locate a mailbox, type in your Republic toon's name, and send the item from Dromund Kaas to them.

And to answer the OP, almost all of them took <5 minutes. Except Kaas, where I had a devil of a time because others kept finding it and were too far away for me to get there each time. I gave up after 10 minutes, went back the next day, got it in 2 scans.

Tips on getting the thing: Look at where everyone else is scanning and don't scan there, but scan near there. They are likely near a part, and if they find it, a giant beam will shoot out. So might as well cover more area by scanning a little way away :D Also...group up!

8 hrs and still counting! Not yet finished. For a paying subscriber can the HK-51 be sold in the Cartel Market. That way I won't be so cranky. :) Grouping up is good but very time consuming. Be sure you don't have to work tomorrow or you'll have to have some caffeine injections to stay awake.

8 hrs and still counting! Not yet finished. For a paying subscriber can the HK-51 be sold in the Cartel Market. That way I won't be so cranky. :) Grouping up is good but very time consuming. Be sure you don't have to work tomorrow or you'll have to have some caffeine injections to stay awake.

You can buy him as a legacy perk. 350 CC per character on a server where you've already unlocked him. He's great on my level 1 trooper and JK.

You can buy him as a legacy perk. 350 CC per character on a server where you've already unlocked him. He's great on my level 1 trooper and JK.

Oh thank you! That's great news! Now I can get some sleep. :) Heard also that the Marauder's HK-51 comes not fully loaded. Maybe they'll fix it in tonight's maintenance. Here's to hoping!