Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

ZeroPlus
10.02.2014 , 07:42 AM | #5001
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
The dogs will enrage, the tank can't taunt them, things will go wrong.
Ahhh... didn't know that... as a DPS I make it a point of pride to try and have both dogs down before the boss reaches 50% health (easy enough when both DPS focus the dogs one-by-one (and I have no problem switching to the unmarked one if that is the one the other DPS is attacking )) so I've never seen the dogs enrage.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

AAAAzrael
10.02.2014 , 07:47 AM | #5002
I had a DPS type in chat "Tank you do too much DPS" in that FP. I had a good laugh.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

Gardimuer
10.02.2014 , 08:32 AM | #5003
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
I had a DPS type in chat "Tank you do too much DPS" in that FP. I had a good laugh.
I've been in situations like that on my assassin tank. Usually when I kill the boss before the DPS have killed the dogs it is because the DPS were being dumb and getting thrown all over the room by knockbacks instead of stacking with their backs to a corner.

The funny thing is that, as a well geared assassin tank, it is now possible to over-DPS the final boss with just Discharge and Wither while trying to hold agro on all targets.

Immortal-nite
10.02.2014 , 11:34 AM | #5004
The dogs will enrage, the tank can't taunt them, things will go wrong.
Last time I "tanked" mando raiders, it was on my shadow. Except I was balance spec and geared because the healer was my guildie (we tend to just dps in the tank role often now). When we got to the 2 dogs boss, I killed the boss before the 2 dps (they were very bad) got the 1st dog to 50%. The dogs did enrage, but my guildie was happy because now she had something to heal. I also killed the 2nd dog solo while they finished off the 1st dog still, lol. 4k DPS balance shadow ftw.
REDEMPTION
Immortal-nite - Sentinel Ethereal-nite - Sage Eterneal-nite - Shadow
Dread-nite - Guardian Crimson-nite - Commando NIM DF 5/5 NIM DP 4/5

Darkelefantos
10.02.2014 , 05:29 PM | #5005
Quote: Originally Posted by Immortal-nite View Post
Last time I "tanked" mando raiders, it was on my shadow. Except I was balance spec and geared because the healer was my guildie (we tend to just dps in the tank role often now). When we got to the 2 dogs boss, I killed the boss before the 2 dps (they were very bad) got the 1st dog to 50%. The dogs did enrage, but my guildie was happy because now she had something to heal. I also killed the 2nd dog solo while they finished off the 1st dog still, lol. 4k DPS balance shadow ftw.
Oh, I never said how wrong things would go. And nevermind the fact that, when the tank kills the boss before the DerPS kill the dogs, things are already going wrong to begin with.

Would avoid in PUGs, don't trust anyone there .
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

Immortal-nite
10.02.2014 , 07:04 PM | #5006
Would avoid in PUGs, don't trust anyone there .
I actually love to screw with PUGs when running HM FPs. My favorite is when I pull the sand boss on Meltdown. If I run with my guildie healing (I am "tanking", but really a DPS) I just keep the boss in the middle and just burn him, completely ignoring the sandstorm. Usually the other 2 PUG dps freak out and start telling us to move him to the generator. We ignore them and continue to burn the boss while my guildie out-heals the sandstorm damage (yes on HM). When the boss dies, the PUGs are completely shocked that it worked, no one died and most of the time our health never dropped below 75%.

I have also healed the sand boss on my mando ignoring the generators. Trauma probe and kolto bomb make that sandstorm damage more like lol-mode, not hard mode. One of the parses was something like 5.5k+ effective heals.
REDEMPTION
Immortal-nite - Sentinel Ethereal-nite - Sage Eterneal-nite - Shadow
Dread-nite - Guardian Crimson-nite - Commando NIM DF 5/5 NIM DP 4/5

SkyLordJaden
10.03.2014 , 06:00 AM | #5007
Just remembered a weird experience last double xp weekend. My friend and I were leveling his op healer and my sorc dps. His was level 54 or so and I was 55 but I wanted to help him level so we queue up for 50 hm. Lost island. Great. Our jugg tank is geared as dps. Great. My friend tries his hardest but the guy just melts to everything so I end up respeccing to hybrid heals dps. We wipe on the droid boss. No surprise. We move on and wipe on savrak. No surprise. We pass him and get to bonus boss and try it. Fail. The "tank" leaves so I wip out xalek. We get to final boss and cant clear. I say screw it and relog to my tank and finish it. That took more than an hour, which is thirty minutd more than it should have

midianlord
10.03.2014 , 09:57 AM | #5008
The ironies of Merc-healing:

On the one hand:

A tactical --Depths of Manaan-- being a total nightmare because of two idiot Madness players, one of each AC, clearly hilari-bads trying to ride the PvP flavour of the month to e-peenzor glory.

Multiple wipes because of these idiots chain-pulling, me "tanking" every add that spawned because the happy-happy-derpty-derps tunnelled in on the bosses, 15k cred repair-bill, the whole deal. And this was with two Merc-healers, the other being quite overgeared for anything below raid-level content, and clearly having some idea what s/he was doing.

Oh, and me adding yet another flagged-and-proud jut-jawed PvP hero to the ignore-list, mustn't forget that.

On the other hand:

Directive 7 [HARD] --like 95% of the "healing" I did was just spamming my filler heal, Kolto missile for its talented buff, and refreshing Kolto Shell to keep people above 90% health, and this was with a ('Sin-)tank who used Force-Speed on cooldown, so ended up ranging my heals on several occasions.

The only time anyone ever really looked like they might be in trouble was during the Mentor fight, and that only because that room is so huge, combined with the tank and one DPSer both having Force Speed (on CD again). I think the Sorc. stood in the stupid whilst out of my range a couple times, too. But then, Supercharged Kolto Missile ---> Emergency Scan ---> Power Surge'ed Rapid Scan ---> back to SCG stack-building, with the odd ENet/Unload/RailShot on the BFG wielding robot when he spawned.

Now, one would think that the trinity-based instance that is explicitly designed to be harder --its mission-type tag even says so!-- would be the one that would actually challenge an at-best-averagely-decent clicky healer like me, but....Yeah, there ya go.

With that said, I am very much looking forward to the hard-mode of Depths of Manaan, especially if it's tuned around an increased level cap. I seriously think that there are the makings of a truly great one there, and one that I hope punishes stupid most harshly.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

BobFredJohn
10.03.2014 , 10:50 AM | #5009
A couple of stories of people being unwilling to move very far.

Colincoid, final boss. Im on vang tank theres sentinel dps, vanguard dps and sorc healer.

Get to the final boss, eventually (none have done this before and, despite having it repeated to them both the dps don't understand the consoles in the laser barrier puzzles need to be channeled) and kill the 3 beasties with ease. I end up having to ask the healer to sort out my armour debuff from the ackay thingy, though im not surprised, theres no mission that actually teaches healers how useful cleanse is until you suddenly get it thrown at you in HM.

At the droid boss, with me tanking and both dps playing in melee it isn't long before every bit of ground within melee range of the boss is covered in that flame attack of his. I therefore do the good old tanking trick, stand underneath the droid with some DCD's up. This causes the droid to move and my DCD's cope with the fire. Once the droid has moved over so is not stood in the fire I move to a side of him which is clear of flames. However throughout this entire process both dps have been stood in flames and now there is a safe place to melee the boss from....they ignore it and continue to beat away at the boss from the flame bits. I therefore have to push the boss back a couple more times so he is completely clear of the flames. The sentinel then pipes up having a go at me for moving the boss....
__________________________________-

Kaon Under Siege with my 55 jugg tank. Sin dps lvl 51, merc dps lvl 51, merc healer lvl 52. Get to the big red boss that you have to drag around the room to all the 4 canisters (something I really hate with his regular knockback with over 30m range and threat drops). Still I try and do my best, I drag it over to the first thing and blow it up. I then set off for the second 1. Along the way I notice my hp is getting low and throw afew def buffs. They do their job...for a while, but soon enough I am on low hp and having problems. I take a look at where people are and notice the healer is still on the other side of the plaza thing you fight this boss in. In the end I die and the pull results in a wipe.

Myself and the dps ask the healer if they prehaps lagged or went afk or something, but no...
healer: "why did you run out of range, im not some pet thats going to follow you round"
me: "are you new to this fight?"
healer: "lmao you going to try to blame me because you refuse to stand in range of the healer"
merc dps: "mate, hes supposed to run around the room, its part of the fight"
healer: "I can't cast heals when moving, once you get low hp just wait a while"
me: "please speak up if your new to something so we can try to avoid unnecessary wipes"
I then start to explain the pull (as much as I know, im not 100% on this fight, there may be a way to prevent his horrible knockback). The healer tells me to stop patronising him and quits the group, but not before informing us 3 noobs that we will promptly arrive on his ignore list.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

fire-breath
10.04.2014 , 02:12 AM | #5010
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
idk I always do that when I can. DPS should stop slacking if tank kills boss before they are done with adds
I feel the same. But only if the DPS should be able to dps the adds down in time. My shadowtank is almost full 186 geared so I dont expect a group of 2 27kHP dps to finish off the adds before me. If the DPS are 180 geared than its their issue indeed. Also sometimes in mando raiders I just dps the dogs instead of the boss. As long as I keep the boss away in his red circle phase there is no pain for the healer.

Regarding the funnier job for healing when the adds enrage. I wouldnt mind doing this with a healer guildy but I am treating pug healers with more safety. Personally I dont mind healing getting somewhat more rough. For example in atthis I tend to get some extra adds in when I see the tank is taking the guardians and disciples 1 by 1.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)