Stat Caps for a Sith Inquisitor Lghtning Sorc

TimWritt

Apologies as this clearly is explained in other posts, I just lack the time and the understanding to get an answer on my own (senior moments)

1- What # value should I be adding, and to what stats? I've seen people list different end gear and chain/rotation for attacking. (I.E. Should I be trying to get ACC to X numeric value, then ALAC to X numeric value, then CRIT to X numeric value) I'm not sure what the caps are or what stats I should be concentrating on. I have almost the full set of 'Gathering Storm'

2- Do the 'Amplifiers' stack? Or is there a cap there? (I.E. I use 6 items with '% Crit Artifice'...do I receive bonus from ALL 3 items?

Thank you and be safe!

Here are the values you want for your tertiary stats:

• Accuracy - 1591 will get you 110% accuracy. You want to be close to that number, but if you are a little under 110% it is not a major loss. If you are using an accuracy stim then the total points you allocate to accuracy will be lower. Just take 1591 and deduct the amount of accuracy your stim adds to find the number of points to allocate to accuracy.
  • Alacrity - Alacrity is not a hard target for Telekinetic Sages and Lightning Sorcs because TK and Lit have a couple buffs that allow you to hit higher targets easier than other classes, but how high you want to go is up to you. The magic percentages are:
    • 7.14% for 1.4s GCD
    • 15.38% for 1.3s GCD
    • 25% for 1.2s GCD
    • 36.36% for 1.1s GCD

With just your Telekinetic Focal Point / Focal Lightning 5% buff you only need 1895 alacrity to hit 1.3s GCD vs the 3206 that is needed by Balance Sage / Madness Sorc, for example. The other buff available to TK / Lit is Mental Alacrity / Polarity Shift, which grants +20% alacrity for 20s. With that buff, in combination with the 5% from the Focal buff, a TK / Lit can hit 1.1s GCD with just a few more points allocated to alacrity (sorry, I do not have the exact number needed, but the percentage you need unbuffed is 11.36% alacrity). The decision becomes whether you want to allocate additional points to alacrity in order to hit 1.1s GCD whilst under MA / PS w/ the full 5% Focal buff or do you want to focus more on crit and go with 1895 alacrity, which gives 1.3s with the Focal buff, and 1.2s when under MA / PS. With 1895 points in alacrity you will have ~10.38% alacrity standing. The Focal buff will put you at 15.38%, and MA / PS will add 20% for 20s for 35.38% alacrity, which is just short of the amount needed for 1.1s GCD (36.36% alacrity).

[*]Crit - unless you are min/maxing for lvl 75 content critical is where you put all other points. How high you want crit is really just how high you can get it. If you go for more alacrity for 1.1s GCD when under MA / PS and Focal buff then your crit will be a bit lower. If you go for the lower 1.3s / 1.2s alacrity then crit will be a bit higher.

tl;dr

• Accuracy - 1591 for 110%
  • Alacrity - 1895 for 10.38%, which gives 1.3s GCD w/ 5% Focal buff; a little more if you want 1.1s GCD when under 20% MA / PS and 5% Focal buffs
  • Crit - everything else

With regard to amps, I can not offer much on this except to say that the crafting crit amps do not appear to work. We have received no feedback on our reports and thus can not say if this is a matter that is being investigated, will be addressed, or if they are being ignored.

Amplifiers are present on multiple items:

- Amplified Champion gear Piece (every character can use one without losing set bonus): This is a combat amplifier. "Force Sensitivity" is the one for Lightning. maximum value will be 0.4

- Armorings, Hilts: This is a combat amplifier. "Force Sensitivity" is the one for Lightning. maximum value will be 1.0 each

- Modifications: This is NOT a combat amplifier. It can be a crafting QoL amplifier.

Total amplifier value (max) for Lightning: 9.4% (7 gear pieces, mainhand, and offhand) of "Force Sensitivity" @ 1% each) and 0.4% on The Amplified Champion gear item.

Combat Amplifier values do stack as I hinted at above. The crafting efficiency amplifiers (which are on modifications) stack from my personal experience. I have crafting sets with crafting efficiency amplifiers and crafting critical amplifiers (they don't compete for the same gear pieces); the crafting critical amplifiers must have a page full of "small print" we never got to read because it certainly doesn't work as expected. BTW there is no "%" in crafting critical amplifiers as far as I know; it just says "+10 Critical Cybertech" and so on with no idication as to what that +10 means.

Edited by mike_carton

Wow. Y'all knocked it out of the park for lil ole me. A little more brain picking while I have you..

- What do I use tech frags for once I have my full Gathering Storm set?

- What is (usually, depending on market value) the best items to exchange junk , scraps for...I've been doing Armor Maint (purple) Muja fruit (blue) and Replacement Parts (green) but my gut tells me there is better money to be made....

-Lastly, I've been told that the drops are in direct correlation to what your current item rating is. So it gets to a point where I feel I am at a stalemate; I have all Gathering Storm pieces...I am at 295 item rating, and keep getting around that rating gear drops....I have a belt in my inventory that is item rating 298, so should I swap out the Gathering Storm belt- which lowers my numerical stats significantly- and wear the 298 belt, just to get higher level drops, so that I can use the GS belt again? Ug, yeah thats slightly complex to explain, sorry in advance.

Again, many thanks....'me so happy, me could cry'

T

Edited by TimWritt

Wow. Y'all knocked it out of the park for lil ole me. A little more brain picking while I have you..

- What is (usually, depending on market value) the best items to exchange junk , scraps for...I've been doing Armor Maint (purple) Muja fruit (blue) and Replacement Parts (green) but my gut tells me there is better money to be made....

-Lastly, I've been told that the drops are in direct correlation to what your current item rating is. So it gets to a point where I feel I am at a stalemate; I have all Gathering Storm pieces...I am at 295 item rating, and keep getting around that rating gear drops....I have a belt in my inventory that is item rating 298, so should I swap out the Gathering Storm belt- which lowers my numerical stats significantly- and wear the 298 belt, just to get higher level drops, so that I can use the GS belt again? Ug, yeah thats slightly complex to explain, sorry in advance.

Again, many thanks....'me so happy, me could cry'

T

You should wear your highest item rating things and use tech fragments at the vendor named nitoo or tikanna (depending on pub or imp fleet, I may have the names backwards) to buy armor pieces that will be at or better than your current item rating. Once you get to around an average item rating for all your gear around 300 you can just buy item modifications from those vendors to fill your gathering storm shells, instead of whole gear pieces that are unmoddable. Alternatively you can run lots of content that does not require you to have your complete set bonus in order to boost your item rating. For example, GSF, veteran flashpoints, and the onderon dailies/weekly, are all relatively straightforward and certainly don’t require you to have your set bonus.

Always make sure whenever you open a box or crate of some kind (for example a renown crate or a conquest crate) that you have the gear with the highest item rating on it so that your character average is as high as possible.

You can buy "Tacticals" from the same vendors where you bought the Gathering Storm set.

You can buy bonus armor pieces for your alts.

In that same area where you buy the armor sets, there are two vendors that sell pets and mounts in exchange for frags.

Check Kai Whathisname for relevant special items like Schematics.

You can buy Embers from the Spoils Of War vendor which you can use for crafting or sell on the GTN

There is a vendor on Ossus that sells items (I forget what, off the top of my head) for Frags.

It used to be that you could just ignore Frags after you had the max, but now they have this "looting this would put you over the limit" thing that keeps you from fully looting dead boss creatures and droids. (Which annoys those who want to 'gather' the corpses for mats.) So now I just buy Embers or Kai's Schematics to use them up.

The first priority should be to get to 306 irating, getting set bonuses is the next thing, in the time it takes to level up your gear you will most likely get several pieces of The Victor set, make that up to 306 and use it for alts, it is by far the nicest generic set for almost all toons, the 50% run speed buff is awesome and the 20% heal is nice too.

A little more brain picking while I have you..

Gathering Storm is for the Consular (Telekinetics Sage). You'd want to play all the character classes (4 each on Republic and Imperial sides). That's at least 7 other characters. They'd need set bonus pieces which can be purchased with tech fragments. Obviously, some research is needed on what gear set to buy for which character. I've included a few below:

Class -  AC - Discipline - Role - Set Bonus Gear
Imperial Agent - Sniper - Marksman - DPS - Established Foothold
Jedi Knight - Guardian - Defense - Tank - Lord of Pain
Jedi Knight - Guardian - Vigilance - DPS - Descent of the Fearless
Trooper - Commando - Combat Medic - Heal - Tech Medic

I save them in the Legacy Storage or in the Cargo Hold of a mule character. They are the most efficient way to buy crafting materials from the Jawa vendors when and if you get into crafting.

-Lastly, I've been told that the drops are in direct correlation to what your current item rating is. So it gets to a point where I feel I am at a stalemate; I have all Gathering Storm pieces...I am at 295 item rating, and keep getting around that rating gear drops....I have a belt in my inventory that is item rating 298, so should I swap out the Gathering Storm belt- which lowers my numerical stats significantly- and wear the 298 belt, just to get higher level drops, so that I can use the GS belt again?

Covered in detail by others.