Trooper or Bounty Hunter?

Matters

I can't decide between these two. I heard the BH story is great and the Trooper one is ok. Only problem I have with the BH is that the empire is so evil.

Definitely BH. Becos BH gives you flexibility in terms of playing light side or dark side.

Trooper storyline makes more sense if you play light side, IMO.

Also, BH *feels* powerful, even though both are mirror class.

Finally, BH evokes the image of Jedi Killer while Trooper evoked the image of cannon fodder.

Definitely BH. Becos BH gives you flexibility in terms of playing light side or dark side.

Trooper storyline makes more sense if you play light side, IMO.

Disagree here.. Darkside trooper story is awesome.

That said, Bounty Hunter story is way more fun (IMO) and bounty hunters themselves are actually a better class than

Also, BH *feels* powerful, even though both are mirror class.

Well, the BH actually -is- more powerful than the trooper. In minor ways (a few animations, and the resources aren't quite equal), but still.

Animation wise I think the BH generally looks better too. Nevermind the physical advantage, but flying up and unloading a hail of bullets is far more intimidating than firing explosive round three times in a row.

Though on the flip size. Pulse cannon is a lot more stylish than flamethrower. And there's something really satisfying about smacking a sith lord in the face with the butt of your rifle.

I have played both to around 30.

Trooper armor looks better.

I personally liked the lightside trooper story, and I liked the companions a lot.

IMO stockstrike looks better than rocket punch.

Also, Thunderclap ship is my favorite starship.

I personally like rifles more than pistols.

On the other hand.

BH gets Mako....so hot.

Death from above looks so much better than the Vanguard attack, and the animation delay makes a huge difference.

Also, I think other than stockstrike, every other BH animation is better looking than the troopers.

BH story is pretty good too so far, and supposedly the rest of the companions are good also.

One other thing with either class...people will assume you are a tracer missle spamming newb, even though tech/vg doesn't get that attack haha.

Hope this helps.

Also, I think other than stockstrike, every other BH animation is better looking than the troopers.

Disagree on three other skills:

Grav Round > Tracer Missile. The actua projectile for tracer looks nice, but the casting animation looks really silly when you're chain casting it.

Ion pulse > fire pulse. Big blast of lightning or a tiny little puff of fire..

Pulse cannon > Flamethrower. I like the way pulse cannon looks and sounds a lot. Mostly though this is an issue of Flamethrower's particle effects being choppy (around the base it doesn't always look like one continuous stream, instead leaving a bunch of partial animations hanging in the air. )

The Heroic / Chain quest rewards from Taris for the BH look like a blue-hued version of the Mando gear (and its fully mod-able)

The BH animations are awesome, and you get to tell Sith lords to go **** themselves and still get paid...

and Firefly.. mmmmm (have the whole series and "Serenity". Go Brown-coats)

Edited by Sixball

Have a high 30s commando and a high 20s powertech that I'm currently playing more.

The trooper may have better armor in the endgame but the rainbow bright different color armor while leveling is annoying, that should be resolved with 1.2. Now the BH suffers from this some as well, but with the more 'worn' look it isn't as bad.

As for the story, the trooper story is ok, but you can have a fun smart *** style your companions won't like you. Well Vik is likely ok with it. So you can have more interesting dialog with the BH.

I like the powertech/vanguard play style.more then merc/commando too, so overall I'm liking the BH more.

I'ev played Merc to 50, Powertech to 45 and then rerolled republic and have taken a Vanguard to lvl 38

Overall I much prefer the feel of the BH - prefer the animations, the look of the armour, the ships they get and the storylines.

Edited by Vinge