Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lecto
06.16.2017 , 02:15 PM | #931
Quote: Originally Posted by Otaktey View Post
With a cross server group queue system, it would solve the low population problems with group content and you would also be able to enjoy your "quiet time questing"
I would take x-server any day of the week over nothing, however, that does not address PUG raiding -- HM/NiM especially. Unless of course Qs are created for those as well.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

casirabit
06.16.2017 , 02:21 PM | #932
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post

That was your experience, mine was different obviously. We landed on our new server (POT5 from Bondar Crystal), submitted a ticket & were refunded all necessary credits. Granted we had to reform & buy everything back, but I wouldn't mind that if it meant being able to play the whole game again. I'm fine with doing a little bit of work if it means being able to actually play the game. I'm still in favor of three servers: 1 East (mega), 1 West (mega), & 1 RP.

Anything Bioware can to do make this process less painful would be even better.......

PS: To the "you should just transfer crowd". We loose all guild assets, likely loose guild members, loose all command tokens, & we would have to transfer to Harbinger. At current, there is no realistic East Cost option given that both Shadowlands & Jedi Covenant are in decline. Both need to be merged with the lesser East coast servers. I shouldn't be forced to play with poor latency because EA/Bioware won't provide proper server/population maintenance.
While I understand your position, is is really a good idea just to merge without them making sure things will merge correctly or they will stand to lose more people and that will not help the que's either. Just jumping into merging without fixing the problems they had from the last one and actually figuring out how to transfer guilds , guild assets all in tact would be something I would think it would be best to do first. While I am not on either of those, (Ebon Hawk for me) they need to figure a way to not have guilds or personal assets have to be redone again. this could cause more people to leave therefore not helping que's anyways.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

AscendingSky
06.16.2017 , 02:27 PM | #933
PS: To the "you should just transfer crowd". We loose all guild assets, likely loose guild members, loose all command tokens, & we would have to transfer to Harbinger. At current, there is no realistic East Cost option given that both Shadowlands & Jedi Covenant are in decline. Both need to be merged with the lesser East coast servers. I shouldn't be forced to play with poor latency because EA/Bioware won't provide proper server/population maintenance.
Um... you know Ebon Hawk still exists, right? And that it's the #1 East Coast server in population and the #2 server in population for NA overall? Just wondering...
#SWTORMaintenanceMode2018
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Lecto
06.16.2017 , 02:58 PM | #934
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
Um... you know Ebon Hawk still exists, right? And that it's the #1 East Coast server in population and the #2 server in population for NA overall? Just wondering...
Isn't that the RP server? Yes we are aware of it, but does it even come close to the population size of Harb?
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

MandFlurry
06.16.2017 , 03:19 PM | #935
I would take x-server any day of the week over nothing, however, that does not address PUG raiding -- HM/NiM especially. Unless of course Qs are created for those as well.
Not just that, but people do need to realize if anything, that we would need our RP servers merged together, and separate from any other Merged servers because Instances don't apply to RP on a World level, and people don't understand them and they get attacked, because they are being mis-understood.

Our Original Names CM stuff and Achievements that we Unlocked need to be saved along with Guild things.

Always Good and Bad with Mergers. If Bioware can do these things without a Huge Hiccup, then that would be different. Also Pvp only Servers to to think about to.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

Icykill_
06.16.2017 , 03:29 PM | #936
Isn't that the RP server? Yes we are aware of it, but does it even come close to the population size of Harb?
About 2/3rds the size or maybe just under that
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

IoNonSoEVero
06.20.2017 , 12:02 AM | #937
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
Yep. I love Ebon Hawk. I play solo and don't PvP, and that server works for me very well. I wouldn't want to be elsewhere.

casirabit
06.20.2017 , 08:04 AM | #938
What difference does that really make? Ebon Hawk has a nice population and nice community. I do not understand the need for it to be compared to Harbinger.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

DownloadStarter
06.20.2017 , 08:09 AM | #939
Again, please address server stability issues before we consider merging. Four times down in 30 days isn't good even for a fly-by-night Chinese web browser game.

TyonYlle
06.20.2017 , 08:35 AM | #940
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
What difference does that really make? Ebon Hawk has a nice population and nice community. I do not understand the need for it to be compared to Harbinger.
bc us dirty, filthy RPers. Or they think Harby has instant pops?
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading