Why does SWTOR ubdates slow internet speed?

adormitul

If you mean while you are updating the rest of your internet slows down for others devices using your connection (such as netflix, browsing the internet, etc.) then your most common causes are going to be: overall limited down speed of your internet package, older/failing router, or router with QoS active but not finely tuned.

If you mean while you are updating the rest of your internet slows down for others devices using your connection (such as netflix, browsing the internet, etc.) then your most common causes are going to be: overall limited down speed of your internet package, older/failing router, or router with QoS active but not finely tuned.

Its only this game when updates slows my internet the others not really.

It sounds like the update is gobbling up all your available download speed, which is surprising because this game always updates so slowly for me even with a large down speed to use...

Overall it could be a lot of things, diagnosis is going to be pretty tough to nail down.

I guess we can rule out my theory at least - what is your internet package speed?

It sounds like the update is gobbling up all your available download speed, which is surprising because this game always updates so slowly for me even with a large down speed to use...

Overall it could be a lot of things, diagnosis is going to be pretty tough to nail down.

I guess we can rule out my theory at least - what is your internet package speed?

I am using an 100mbps package . Also using the game client not bitraider or whatever.