Lokin, Kaliyo, other annoying companions.

Tilric

After Dr. Lokin infects my Sith with the Rakghoul plague and makes his "you have to help me now!" pronouncement, the only appropriate response is "I'll take my chances" *lightsaber through chest*. After all, I've already been a carrier for a strain of that plague; I'll be a lot more interested in ridding the galaxy of this idiot than worrying about that triviality.

When my Agent walks around the corner and sees that it's Kaliyo, her immediate response would be: cover, Laze Target, and then Ambush. No interaction, just "hell no". I don't care if that makes the story progression harder. In fact, that would be a nice thing to see for variety between characters playing through KOTFE.

And so on, and so forth. Bounty Hunter running into Skadge would be another "shoot first, I have no questions" moment.

Xalek gave me hope that we'd be able to rid ourselves of annoying companions. There should always be an option to rid ourselves of annoying companions. Please let us rid ourselves of annoying companions. And not by simply not recruiting them, if you know what I mean :D

Edited by Tilric

But if you shot Kaliyo on sight, chapter 10 couldn't happen :p

As for Lokin, I agree that we should have been able to kill him during the initial "You're breeding Rakghouls!" realisation. It may have been an over-reaction, but we should have been given it. I haven't tried telling him to attempt procreation with himself so I don't know if we get to kill him after we jump through all the hoops to get him to cure us. Letting him live at that stage would be the height of naivete.

I'd totally shoot Skadge on sight, and keep shooting until all that was left of him was a charred pile of goo (I may have to reload a few times) :p .

I'd kneecap Gault and turn him over to Hylo for judgement.

I'd happily chop Scourge into as many pieces as I needed to overcome his immortality.

Those three are the only ones that I actually hate.

I'm just going to keep Corso around to annoy the hell out of him. Nothing is better than seeing Corso Riggs greatly disapproves.

Now Guss on the other hand, that sniveling, slimy fish is going out the airlock or getting a blaster bolt to the face along with Quinn, Zenith and Gault .

My to kill list/or kick out based on class so far-

Bounty Hunter: Skadge and possibly Mako. ( too soft for bounty work)

Sith Warrior- Vette, Jaesa

Inquisitor: Ashara

Agent: All (Create a new crew starting with Theron. Us spies gotta stick together!)

Knight: Doc, Kira,

Consular: All but Zenith ( Him and Consular have no love for the Empire)

Smuggler: Akaavi, Guss, Risha

Trooper: Tanno Vik, Elara,

I had a funny moment with Skadge today, got flung face first into a tree and right on cue: "Wimp." Couldn't have timed it more perfectly.

They really must have known they were writing some very, very.. grating companions, right? Kaliyo does stand out though, because she's used so much. It's hard to just ignore her.

Does everyone pretty much like Lana and Theron? I never hear any complaints about them. Sometimes I give Theron a hard time but that's just rp, I like them both really.

I don't have Lokin in the same category as the likes of Kaliyo and Skadge that people seem to hate, but in the category that belonged to Quinn, the "The next time they show up, there better be an option to kill them" category.

If you take the dark side option with Lokin, he not only infects but when you come back for the cure he drugs you so you can't kill him, you can only tell him to leave. Further dialogue with Steve Blum #2715 makes it seem like he'll be back, so I really hope he can get it. Though on my current main I plan on bringing him before the whole infection thing, so I would have no hatred to him.

Quinn is obviously only in that category as a Sith Warrior, on any other character I'll gladly bring him in, he's a smart guy most of the time, except that one decision that means all my Warriors are going to decapitate him.

Now Guss on the other hand, that sniveling, slimy fish is going out the airlock or getting a blaster bolt to the face

I hate Guss Tuna fish. He's supposedly a barrel of laughs according to the dialog options but I can't stand his lame stories. And why does my smuggler keep calling him 'kid' when his voice sounds like he's pushing 60?

Edited by Tamyn

I still like the "don't recruit them" idea or the "don't use them idea". I prefer to kill them if that is what your character would do. If your character is a copy of yourself, I would just a copy of yourself then sure you can be rude to the companions. That ought to let out your steam. For example, I hated M1-4X but I didn't kill him and I was nice to him (because that is what my character would do). I just didn't play with him as my companion.

I don't necessarily have a problem with killing Quinn, but what's going to be the in universe justification for the Sith Warrior killing him in the future if he didn't kill him right away?

On my latest Sith Warrior done after the changes to companion conversations doing the romance arc with Jaesa, I can't fully remember all the details but it was the lull in the love making of the romance, and the time apart and anticipation made it all the more sweeter.

That convo came around the same time Quinn became stupid.

That's my in game reason for not killing him at the time, I was waiting and letting the anticipation of the kill build, by the time I get the chance to kill Quinn, the warrior will likely burst into Midichlorians.

my agent got attached to Lokin -- he's her running buddy, and heals well -- level 42 influence now

I personally like the old guy ( and I never seem to see anyone with him out, so that makes me a tad bit unique anyway :) )

my agent got attached to Lokin -- he's her running buddy, and heals well -- level 42 influence now

I personally like the old guy ( and I never seem to see anyone with him out, so that makes me a tad bit unique anyway :) )

He was used a lot more when he was the agent's only healer. I liked him well enough, but I didn't relish taking him on absolutely all my adventures. I wanted my LI with me, so I had to learn to cope with resting a lot. I'm definitely in the "glad they changed that" camp.

• 4 years later...
Does everyone pretty much like Lana and Theron? I never hear any complaints about them. Sometimes I give Theron a hard time but that's just rp, I like them both really.

I hate them both enough to necro this thread. Good thing it's now possible to get rid of at least one of them.

It was also surprising reading this to see how many people hate Lokin - he's probably my most favorite Agent companion - based on what, rakghoul experiments? I mean if anyone has been subjected to worse things in their lives it's agent. Not in a single of now 8 agent playthroughs the thought of rakghoul plague being considered as something extra bad from my PC perspective even crossed my mind, and now this...

Anyway, the list of comps I'd boot out immediately irrespective of playthrough choices:

Kaliyo, Skadge, Malavai, Aric Jorgan, Lana+Theron.

Not too many.

Now as to those I don't see any point in having on my ship the most often are, in no particular order:

SCORPIO, Zenith and Iresso, Mako, Doc and Rusk, ship droids, Andronikos, all SW comps pretty much save for Malavai who belongs to the above list, all Smuggler comps save for Risha (Corso/Guss sometimes make sense but a token wookie sure doesn't)... Trooper is hard to comment on cause I just can't get into the story or general premise of being some relatively basic rep army scum.

Morality makes things different depending on how you play the character, incompetence (hey Lana I'll show you to the airlock shortly) and/or annoyance (I see why people sometimes hate on Guss) make it hard to find a compelling reason to keep some random dunderhead on your ship.

I definitely have my list of KoS targets but i feel like my list is totally weird except for Kaliyo. Also, i find Skedge funny. Why don't people find him funny?

KoS:

Broondark or broombark... whatever

Xalek

Kaliyo

Zion (or whatever that twilek dork is from Consular story line...)

Quinn (i'd stab him and keep stabbing until nothing's left)

The pirate guy from Inquisitor story line.

The loutspeaker robot from Trooper story

Vik

Yuun (though i like his personality, his voice is like nails on glass)

Quizon (the lizard from consular story. same reason as Yuun)

Rusk

Risha

I think this is pretty complete...

I hate Guss Tuna fish. He's supposedly a barrel of laughs according to the dialog options but I can't stand his lame stories. And why does my smuggler keep calling him 'kid' when his voice sounds like he's pushing 60?

I am so glad someone else hates Gus too --- I never use him and was so glad to get a choice of healers;

now it is Risha and me ( and sometime Z0 )

My first Agent played it straight with Kaliyo. My second agent tried the romance route. There's playing hard to get, like Risha and Smuggler, then there's playing hard to get get the hell off my ship like Kaliyo. Somehow I got a bedtime moment with her and I still didn't get her. I just reached the part where she had her shirtless boy toy on the ship and that was it. I told her off and broke it off. Maybe it was meant to get me jealous to choose the dialogue that closely resembles that emotion to prove myself to her, but with her entire attitude of personal story line I was not about to grovel. Get off my ship. If I do play this character in Eternal Empire, I'm purposely choosing Aric for the mission and forbidding her to interfere so I can get the kill option. My main agent likes her as a friend and chose her for the mission. We're cool there.

Gault I hated with my main Bounty Hunter. I did not want him as a Companion. The game forced him on me. I was always rude in our conversations. He started to grow on me, and I almost liked him then Skadge came along. Screw him, I'll take Gault. My second Bounty Hunter is willing to pal around with Gault. Interestingly my Jedis like Gault when we meet in Eternal Empire. They're not approving of his methods, but they appreciate his willingness to help even if he's in it for the personal advancement of wealth.

As for Guss, heck no. I want him gone, forever, for infinite Smugglers I play. He's not comic relief. He's an annoying donkey cavity. My first Smuggler married Risha. My second Smuggler strongly dislikes her. I won't say hate, but he'd be happy if she just stayed behind on some planet.

I shun Tano Vik. In Eternal Empire all my Empire characters kill him. My Republic characters don't only because they're too Good to do so, but even my Trooper is glad to be rid of him. It'll probably be the same if I run my second characters in the game. My second Smuggler could do it, but he only kills those who deserve it in his opinion. The situation as presented doesn't warrant it. My second Trooper kills all traitors, dark side point or not. Tanno Vik is not a traitor, but he won't be sorry to be rid of him too.

Objectively I think these characters are made to be annoying on purpose. Maybe you're not really supposed to like them. They did a good job there.

• 2 months later...

Broom: kill.

Skadge: kill.

Kaliyo: killed once, usually just kick her out and tell her never to come back.

Malavi... SW usually kill, though i might forgo that just to get Elara instead. Might keep him on one SW. The rest of my Imps... not sure. Agent just went with Pubs for that part and got Elara. Still not decided which way to go for Jedi Under Siege.

Guss.... meh. I'll recruit him and get him some Lego blocks and let him play in a quiet corner.

Zenith and Rusk are both kinda bland, but don't bother me.

Xalek: Kill or shoo away. I recruited him once, not quite by accident, but mostly wanted to see if it would help anything along with Sana-Rae. It didn't seem to change anything.

Tanno Vik: I think i killed him once. I usually just have us go our separate ways. I'm not unhappy we can't recruit him.

4X / Pierce: only on their original buddy will i recruit them. Not worth doing PvP for me.

I hate the following companions. If I could, I would ditch the following companions as soon as I could. As it is, they stay on the ship And I interact with them only when I have to.

Broonmark

Kaliyo

Skadge

Xalek

Tanno Vik

Andronikos Revel

Scorpio

Dark Side Jaesa Wilsaam

I found the following companions mildly annoying. I don't hate them as much as the previously mentioned companions, but I don't use them much either.

Doc

Sergeant Rusk

M1-4X

Guss Tuuno

Zenith

Bowdaar

Lt. Pierce

Dr. Lokin

Gault

Koth Vortena

HK-55

The following companions were completely forgettable:

Yuun

Blizz

Paxton Rall

Phrojo Nuray

The following were fair to good:

T7-01

Lt. Iresso

Theran Cedrax

Aric Jorgan

Qyzen Fess

Elara Dorne

Corso Riggs

Akaavi Spar

C2-N2

Malavai Quinn

Light Side Jaesa Wilsaam

Khem Val

Talos Drellik

Ensign Temple

Mako

2V-R8

HK-51

Treek

Senya Tirall

I really liked the following companions:

Kira Carsen

Lord Scourge

Nadia Grell

Risha

Vette

Ashara Zavros

Vector

Torian Cadera

Theran Shan

Lana Beniko

Arcann

I may have put a little thought into my answer.:D

Not hating either makes me want to do one sometime, I've just been super lazy lately. I would have to goto a site with all the comps cause everytime I've made a list for whatever reason I forget about one and then have to remake it lol.