Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone griping and complaining about their particular favorite item of the game (PVP/PVE, etc.). But, I have yet to see a single comment about what will really toast your wheat bread. Have you looked at the levels required to buy the Bind to Legacy weapons from the vendor? Short answer...Champion level. You are limited to 12k rep per week, the first four levels to become a "Friend of the Gree" take a total of 15k going up in increments of 2500. So, the next level should be somewhere around 10k to finish (not, Champion, BTW). Sooo, in two weeks you can earn 24k, but 25k is going to be required to hit that 5th level....you won't be able to buy any of those nice, pretty weapons that they hung out there as teasers until BioWare decides to have the Gree return for the next episode of their "recurring event." Nice, thanks for the Dirty Kick BioWare. :(

I am completely OK with not being able to get Champion level rewards during the event's first appearance. Otherwise, what's the point of making it repeat? We can't complain about lack of content, and then complain when we can't render it obsolete immediately. You're not intended to be able to get it in the first two weeks. If games continually hand you things with minimal time invested, players will continue to get bored, and the game will continue to lose their player base. To freak out that you don't get to obtain Champion reputation gear within the first two weeks of the event is a bit overkill.

Not only that, but they also want to balance out the rate of accruing reputation, so the players who, say, aren't fond of running dailies all day (jobs, school, families) on multiple characters, still have a fair shot of getting their reputation rewards as well. I have 33,660 points in rep sitting in my bags, I capped on the first day, but I also have multiple alts and have farmed world bosses. I have ample time on my hands during my vacation. Someone without that amount of time would be here in the forums, ranting, that they felt shafted that someone could have all of the rewards already (were there no cap). Bioware has to choose a middle ground to attempt to keep the various types of players happy.

ALSO, the vendors will be present even when the event is not. So, you can utilize your trophies to meet the caps even while the event is gone, and still be able to visit the vendor.

Guild Wars 2: To get your dungeon gear, you would have to run approximately 54 instances. Of the same instance. For your first set. The best weapons take a major grind and gold sink.

World of Warcraft: Faction rep grinds took forever without tabards. Their latest xpac factions take at least a month to grind up enough rep. Accumulating valor points for raiding gear is capped, and takes ages. About a piece/week.

SWTOR: faction takes around 4-5 weeks to reach LEGEND if you use your trophies wisely, to exceed the cap. Gives you full set of tier gear upon hitting 50. Full set of recruit/Battlemaster gear when you hit 50. Easy as hell to get columi and rakata. 159 Black Hole comms/week are available to get 3 major pieces of gear/week. Are we really complaining about how long things take in SWTOR?

If a game makes things too quickly and easily attainable with minimal investment, they lose their players. If content can be rolled over and progressed through immediately upon release, they lose their players. God forbid they try to put some lifespan into an event, and thus their game...

I don't play on a PvE Server, but I'm pretty sure there are no PvE quests in the FFA zone. The two quests for that area are PvP quests. So if you don't want to PvP, then don't do them. They are labeled PvP for a reason.

Funny...because walking an orb and tossing it into a power node that does literally nothing objetive / faction wise sounds a lot like PvE...killing droids in that area sounds PvE....the only thing "PvP" about it are the campers that have been griefing for days now. :rolleyes:

If it was a "Kill X" or "take control of XYZ for a certain time to gain points," then it would be PvP.

Edited by Eillack

Funny...because walking an orb and tossing it into a power node that does literally nothing objetive / faction wise sounds a lot like PvE...killing droids in that area sounds PvE....the only thing "PvP" about it are the campers that have been griefing for days now. :rolleyes:

If it was a "Kill X" or "take control of XYZ for a certain time to gain points," then it would be PvP.

I agree, it is not PvP at all, it is simply griefers with no life sitting around trying to ruin it for others, NOTHING to do with PvP there, get a life, fight me 1v1 not wait until i have 50% health then gank me with your squad of d-bags.

To increase purple parallel from orange obtuse please consult with Gree enclave to add green tangent mailboxes white bi-sectors.

Also black bi-sectors should make Gree Salene Blue Salene conclave gear equip-able level 1, Red Salene equip-able level 31, and White Salene as is towards white parallel.

I agree, it is not PvP at all, it is simply griefers with no life sitting around trying to ruin it for others, NOTHING to do with PvP there, get a life, fight me 1v1 not wait until i have 50% health then gank me with your squad of d-bags.

Best part this is that imperials are ganking imperials and leaving republic's mostly alone.

I was wondering if there will be an alternate colour version of the sniper rifle (I haven't looked too closely at the other guns) as the one that is currently available seems to match the black and blue armor set, but doesn't really fit with the black and red. It would be amazing to have a red-lit version of the rifle to go with the red armor set.

If anyone knows of a thread related to this topic, I would love to see it.

Everyone griping and complaining about their particular favorite item of the game (PVP/PVE, etc.). But, I have yet to see a single comment about what will really toast your wheat bread. Have you looked at the levels required to buy the Bind to Legacy weapons from the vendor? Short answer...Champion level. You are limited to 12k rep per week, the first four levels to become a "Friend of the Gree" take a total of 15k going up in increments of 2500. So, the next level should be somewhere around 10k to finish (not, Champion, BTW). Sooo, in two weeks you can earn 24k, but 25k is going to be required to hit that 5th level....you won't be able to buy any of those nice, pretty weapons that they hung out there as teasers until BioWare decides to have the Gree return for the next episode of their "recurring event." Nice, thanks for the Dirty Kick BioWare. :(

Does anybody know if the devs have addressed this? Relentlessly grinding dailies and bosses for two weeks and not being able to purchase these coveted weapons will be enough for me to unsub. Two weeks worth of playing for me, will have gone to waste if I cant equip those weapons by the END OF THE EVENT. Very frustrating to have such weak reputation caps.

/em watches as bioware makes me drool next to the reputation vendors for weeks

It's been addressed:

Hey AshlaBoga,

Just wanted to let you know that the Gree Vendor will be sticking around after the event ends :)

The above means that if in the 2 weeks prior to Feb 26th you collect enough trophies and Grey Helixes (on one toon) to hit a total of 37.5k (2.5 + 5 + 7.5 + 10 + 12.5) you will not have to wait for the vendor to return. When the 2nd reset occurs you can use your trophies and then buy a lightsaber or whatever you weapon you desire from the reputation vendour.

So far I've gotten 13410/12000 reputation by using the gearbox method (get as close to cap as possible and then use a purple trophy).

Repeat the gearbox method 3 times and then purchase your Champion Gree gear:)

Edited by AshlaBoga

The above means that if in the 2 weeks prior to Feb 26th you collect enough trophies and Grey Helixes (on one toon) to hit a total of 37.5k (2.5 + 5 + 7.5 + 10 + 12.5) you will not have to wait for the vendor to return. When the 2nd reset occurs you can use your trophies and then buy a lightsaber or whatever you weapon you desire from the reputation vendour.

So just camp the world bosses 24x7. Problem solved.

I'm still trying to gauge how many characters I need to get champion by doing all the dailies for two weeks.

Right now i've done it on two toons... every missions except the first night I only got half in. Then I did HM & SM 16 man Xeno on my tank & just SM 16 man on my sent.

I got the comms for a weapon already on my tank but yah not sure i'll get champion or have enough piled up anyway by the time the event ends. I got a guy almost lvl42 I might try and grind up to 45 to start collecting :/

I just reached Hero this morning (One level behind champ), i already hit the cap i use the purple trophy thingy and even if you stack lot of them you won't be able to get to champ(3 weeks is what you need for that) im 560/15000 out to get to champ,also i just read that the vendor will stay but if i stack lots of trophys i will need many you know (purple=1600 rep,blue=650 rep and green=420rep) so as i see it is pretty hard to get the rank to buy atleast one of thoose weapons,you'll need to stack lots of them with diferent alts and use them in the next two weeks aftaer the event as i see it.

Out of the topic: what happend to hood toogle??? also i want Kallig mask with hood like a lot of inquis want :p

I saw in a post saying the Gree vender would be up after the event. I sure hope the Gree Vander stays for good. I'm grinding 2 toons everyday to get the weapon I want. The last event to get a legacy weapon you didn't have to jump though as many hoops. I like that is is harder to get them but having to wait for a event to come back around to get a legacy(style) is to much. Edited by MindfullOne

I just reached Hero this morning (One level behind champ), i already hit the cap i use the purple trophy thingy and even if you stack lot of them you won't be able to get to champ(3 weeks is what you need for that) im 560/15000 out to get to champ,also i just read that the vendor will stay but if i stack lots of trophys i will need many you know (purple=1600 rep,blue=650 rep and green=420rep) so as i see it is pretty hard to get the rank to buy atleast one of thoose weapons,you'll need to stack lots of them with diferent alts and use them in the next two weeks aftaer the event as i see it.

Out of the topic: what happend to hood toogle??? also i want Kallig mask with hood like a lot of inquis want :p

I think you're over stating the Rep, green is 270, blue is 630 I think, and purple is more around 1300 though not sure on exact #. I'm 1730 / 15000 atm toward champion. With a 12k a week cap I still cannot hit champion next week. I will be 2 weeks after, and looks like i'll be able to get it using just two toon daily.

From Duffy:

Gearbox Method for extra weekly gains: Consume 19 blue trophies to reach 11970 rep, and then consume a purple trophy to reach 13410/week.

Alternatively, as reader Aldalok suggests, you can use 21 Green + 10 Blue or 7 purple + 3 blue to get to 11970 rep.

You can go over the 12k weekly cap as long you use the last item <12k. The reputation gain over 12k are not lost.

Here is a handy chart you can use to see how much reputation and Gray Helix components you can gain.

So I can hit Champion next week if I can get a bunch of blues ready... We'll see.

Gree event PvP element comment.

I understand adding the PvP element " free for all with objectives.. but aside from keeping others from achieving a goal, whether same or opposing faction .. but one would think you would more encourage usage of the areas by returning to the ability to attain Mercenary comms.. you guys already had gear for them . just update stats .. people would have multiple ways to get geared for Pvp. or merc comms could be tradable for stand alone mods to assist in Min / Max 'ing gear.. To me aside from killing = hinder, annoy, grief theres really no reward especially if you are a stand alone player that either doesnt have a guild or time to invest in WZ's 24/7 like many people we see.

Gree event PvE Element

My understanding is the gree event ends on the 23'rd. if that is so then it is impossible to attain the champion lvl rep to aquire the Legacy weapons. You cant even reach hero.. week one I managed to get all but 120 rep and maxed week 2 and still have only 9360 toward progression to HERO. assuming I had maxed week 1 I would have 9480-9500.. depending on bonus for subscriber. so what gives? the WB area quests are only available 1 time(all three WB) unless I missed something somewhere.. yet it says REPEATABLE..

AND then theres the MASSIVE increase in repair bills.. which irks me to no end. you can go broke really fast if you are getting griefed by opposing factions, or enemy same faction in FFA area . This happens when you are fighting a NPC or group of them and a swarm of enemy come in and cc you or jack you while fighting a Pylon guardian which has already cc'd you and left you with no stun breaker.. Translation is DEATH with resultng repair bill from hell. I die 2-3 times attempting the same heroic and I suddenly have a 50-60k repair bill which has elliminated all my gains from the missions.. In order to get the rep I have to keep trying and suddenly end up broke and UNABLE to continue even trying to complete as I have all broken unreparable gear ..

You used to be able to do space missions to get funds to get back in the fight.. but the heroic rewards are now next to nothing, and those missions have frustrated many a player. I think you guys really messed that part up. you used to be able to work hard and get some cash to gear up by buying mods and such on the GTN if you needed, but now making money for such is very hard to do . More than one person has started to believe that you guys are doing this with the intention of introducing CARTEL coins for repairs in yet another tug at peoples wallets, thus further pushing SWOTR into the realm of the FACEBOOK games .. if that is your intention.. just be ready to add "Ville" to SWOTOR.

Overall Reputaion comment

aside from the GRee rep rewards ..I havent found any rewards to be had from attaining REP for the SPAce missions.. whats the point if once again there are NO rewards aside from a stupid title..?

Gree event PvP element comment.

My understanding is the gree event ends on the 23'rd. if that is so then it is impossible to attain the champion lvl rep to aquire the Legacy weapons. You cant even reach hero.. week one I managed to get all but 120 rep and maxed week 2 and still have only 9360 toward progression to HERO.

1. I'm Hero as of today "Honored Silver Acute."

2. The vendor will be staying for a couple days after the event. After the 2nd reputation cap reset (Feb. 26) you can hit Champion - provided you've been overcapping as much as possible (13410/12000). So as soon as Feb 26 rolls around I'm getting my Legacy Lightsaber:cool: