A healing question.

Hatkake

I have noticed that when both Force Surge and Force Bending have procced using Force Surge consumes the Force Bending with no added benifits.

Is this a known bug, or something that I've missed, or a flaw in my rotation?

It's not the biggest issue since Force Bending is up alot from putting Resurgence on the tank, but it's still something i wonder about.

Is Force Surge supposed to consume Force Bending and what (if anything) does Force Surge gain from consuming Force Bending?

i'll try to explain using an excample:

During a random encounter i heal and keep resurgence up the tank which in turn has Force Bending up.

I pop an innervate to procc Force Surge.

The group is good (dont need healing) so i dont need to use my Force Bending procc, but i use the Force Surge for a free Consumption.

Using Force Surge also eats the Force Bending procc.

This happens consistently every time. If Force Surge and Force Bending both have procced using Force Surge (ie for free Consumption) also consumes Force Bending procc.

I am unable to see how Force Surge (free Consumption) benifits from consuming Force Bending. I thought this might be a bug so ticketed it, but only response i got was "check the forums".

edit: lurking the forums provided no more insight, hence this thread.

Edited by Hatkake

i'll try to explain using an excample:

During a random encounter i heal and keep resurgence up the tank which in turn has Force Bending up.

I pop an innervate to procc Force Surge.

The group is good (dont need healing) so i dont need to use my Force Bending procc, but i use the Force Surge for a free Consumption.

Using Force Surge also eats the Force Bending procc.

This happens consistently every time. If Force Surge and Force Bending both have procced using Force Surge (ie for free Consumption) also consumes Force Bending procc.

I am unable to see how Force Surge (free Consumption) benifits from consuming Force Bending. I thought this might be a bug so ticketed it, but only response i got was "check the forums".

edit: lurking the forums provided no more insight, hence this thread.

In the exemple you gave, Innervate takes your Force Bending proc, since it upgrades its critical chance (mainly to help Force Surge proc)

(Resurgence (FB proc) ->Innervate (FS proc, FB used) ->Consumption (FS used))

So unless you forget to mention you sent another resurgence in between, or if you had a proc from innervate first, everything seems normal.

I'll check it out later today on my sorc.

EDIT:

After live testing, everything works at it should. I've procced force surge WITHOUT using resurgence, then applied resurgence (Force bending proc) then used consumption. Result was only FS proc was used.

I believe you simply misunderstand how FB mechanic work, and that your typical "bug" is simply you using Innervate with the FB proc.

Please go give a read to Force Bending effects, and understand how it works. Its not only a Dark Infusion buff, but affects all of your healing ability differently, and only boost your next one. After this you need to recast it.

EDIT OF THE EDIT

Force Bending also stays on till the end of Innervate. Might be what confused you, but its not force surge that uses it, but really Innvervate.

You probably simply kick in Consumption as soon as you see force surge proccing, maybe interrupting Innervate (I cast uneeded innervate often simply to recharge my force fights) and the effect will be FS and FB disappearing at the same time. However, they are NOT used by consumption both of them.

FB, as said is used by Innervate, and FS by consumption. Thats the only way I could reproduce what you described.

Edited by verfallen