Cant play the game?

BritishGravy

Im having a similar problem... I click play and i get booted back to my main computer screen! Any help would be great...... ( i did all my security questions and everything and still nothing, i even disabled my popup blocker and my firewall):(

and you have an active subscription i guess? the free month aint activated untill you add an subscription.

Other then that it might be an idea to repair the installation. The cogwheel on the bottom left corner of the game client launcher.

and you have an active subscription i guess? the free month aint activated untill you add an subscription.

Other then that it might be an idea to repair the installation. The cogwheel on the bottom left corner of the game client launcher.

Yeah i have subscribed the 6 month reocouring subscription and i have begun repairing the client at a download of 11GB and a download rate of 67KB/S gonna take me ages ill need those 6 months for the download rate...

I purchased a physical copy of this game and experienced the the same issue. After a couple days of trying to get in touch with customer support (which is not that unexpected at the launch of a game) I managed to talk to someone from tech support that told me that my issue was with my graphics card and that I would have to replace it (even though the card is newer and supported by the game).

Since I did not believe that this could be the actual issue, I searched around on the forums a bit and found out that there is an issue with some versions of the launcher that causes this problem. I went to http://www.swtor.com/download and installed the launcher again (over my current installation, I did not need to uninstall) and now the game works just fine.

I do not know if this will fix your problem or not, but it is worth trying before buying new parts for your system.

Another thing you can try is, changing the language from english to..let's say french. let it download the langauage files, then exit and select english again so the launcher starts downloading the missing patches. Edited by metalfenix