KnightTyler's Tank Suggestions Thread (and Miscellaneous)

KnightTyler

I have been working on most of these suggestions (some suggestions I have seen from others and I just expanded on their suggestion so credit goes to them for that) for well over a year and most of the suggestions are before we all found out about the discipline system so I left many, many things out that wouldn't quite work anymore since we don't have "points" to spend. I constantly read and gather player feedback both in-game and on the forums and I tried to look at the problems people were having as a whole, and see if there was a way to implement a solution to those problems that wouldn't cause an adverse effect somewhere else. Anyways, I didn't want everything I came up with to just go to waste so I figured I would post it here to help with future suggestions and see what others thought about it. I also want to give a shout out to a few other threads that I recommend for people to keep tabs on: Onslaught PvE Arena, Field Commander, Capture and Command, New Warzone's, A Thousand Papercuts, and Magnusheart's Compendium.

Note: Commentary always belongs to the bullet above it. Commentary also usually speaks from just the Republic side, but sometimes I will mention Empire counterpart to explain the idea better. Times of cooldowns, rate limits, etc... are all just examples that will need to be tested and changed before being implemented. Suggestions are not intended for "right now" fixes, simply long term thinking into future updates.

Edit: Work in-progress. I encourage others to post feedback and suggestions, keep it constructive. Updated 4/6/15. It took a good bit of work but I was able to resurrect this from my Onedrive after it was wiped with the rest of the threads in the roles section. Re-posted cause I didn't want all these suggestions to go to waste.

Guardian/Juggernaut

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior

• Force Repulse/Force Maelstrom - Awe/Intimidating Roar has been replaced with Force Repulse/Force Maelstrom. 3 minute cooldown. 3 second cast. The Knight/Warrior leaps in the air harnessing the force and gathering energy within themselves to unleash a powerful, outward burst at end of cast. Deals (X-X) Kinetic damage and knocks back all enemies within a (8m) radius and knocks them down for 2 seconds. Strong, standard and weak targets are defeated/annihilated if their health is (20%) or less. The Knight/Warrior is immune to all controlling effects while channeling and damage reduction is increased by 30%. Spends all focus/rage. This ability can be used while stunned or otherwise controlled but can not be used while above (50%) health.

*The animation of the Knight/Warrior casting the Force Repulse/Force Maelstrom will be similar to this (aka Eric Musco enraged lol.)(scroll to 1:52 if link doesn't take you to the right spot, 2:20 is where the repulse takes place). The only difference will be that Knights will have a blue tint and Warriors a red tint. The Knight's animation for defeating strong, standard and weak targets below 20% is the target flying backwards and landing on the ground dead. The Warrior's animation for it is annihilating them, reducing them to ashes.*

Commentary: In another suggestion, I reworked Focused Defense to be combined with Enure and it has been adjusted for this change. The intention is for Force Repulse to become the "use when being focused" ability and for Focused Defense to become the "short concentrated cooldown." Force Repulse doubles as both a defensive cooldown and "pressure" control, allowing Guardian's and Sentinel's a little breathing room.

Guardian/Juggernaut

• Saber Throw - now deals an additional (X-X) elemental damage every second for (3) seconds.

Commentary: This would allow Guardians to have a little DoT that can keep stealthed enemies from possibly getting away and would require proper timing. Mostly a PvP quality of life but for a tank it could help draw aggro on a ranged target without having to waste taunt.

• Enure/Endure Pain "ability" has been merged into Focused Defense/Enraged Defense. Enure has been renamed Endure. Endure/Endure Pain is now a "talent" for Defense Guardians/Immortal Juggernauts.

• Focused Defense/Enraged Defense - 1 minute 30 second cooldown. Now temporarily increases your maximum health by 30% for 10 seconds and builds charges of Focused Defense/Enraged Defense every time you are attacked. Max 12 charges. At the end of the effect, the health is lost and each charge heals you for (X-X) when you take damage. Charges last 15 seconds.

Commentary: Enure has been merged into Focused Defense and adjusted to provide a "short term defensive cooldown" on a longer cooldown than most other classes short term defensives. (See: Shield Probe, Force Armor, Rebuke, Dodge, etc...) True Harmony/Through Power Heroic Utility has additionally been reworded to work for Focused Defense/Enraged Defense instead of Enure/Endure Pain.

• Freezing Force/Chilling Scream - Uses the Force to dash forward 4 meters, freezing/chilling nearby foes reducing their movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds and dealing (X-X) elemental damage.

Commentary: This allows Guardian's to have a "force speed" type ability and feel like a Jedi Knight using the force to augment their physical prowess. Its no where near as good as Force Speed is for Consular's but it allows us to sacrifice Focus, therefore damage, to burst forward while slowing enemies. This would go well with current utilities like Intervention and Jedi Warden as well.

• Daunting Presence/Intimidating Presence Utility - Saber Reflect no longer generates a high amount of threat on all engaged enemies through Daunting Presence/Intimidating Presence utility.

• Retribution/Reckoning - Visionary/Endless Rage has been renamed Retribution/Reckoning. You generate 1 focus/rage when attacked. This effect can not occur more than once every 6 seconds. Additionally, for the Defense/Immortal Discipline, you now redirect back (X *very small amount*) damage when being attacked. Redirected damage generates a high amount of threat. This effect can not occur more than once every 3 seconds but this limit can effect more than 1 target at a time. (So even if the Guardian/Juggernaut redirected damage on enemy A, he can still redirect damage on enemy B if enemy B wasn't currently under the effects of Retribution's limit and Enemy C, etc...).

*The animation of Retribution/Reckoning reflects ranged attacks back at the user and emits a white-blue spark of energy towards melee, force, and tech attacks for the Guardian and emits a black-red spark of energy for the Juggernaut*

Commentary: I took away the ability for Saber Reflect to just automatically generate threat on all engaged enemies so I looked at a more passive way that fits into Soresu Form really well. Soresu is all about defense with counter-attacks and blaster deflection so Retribution effectively helps the Guardian with AoE threat through allowing small amounts of damage to be redirected to enemies when they attack you. The redirected damage generates a high amount of threat so this helps the Guardian maintain AoE threat better as long as they are working to keep the enemies attacking them.

Defense/Immortal

• Expeditious Protector/Rule of Two - additionally reduces the rate limit of Retribution/Reckoning by (1.5) seconds while your guarded target is attacked. Lasts (3) seconds, refreshes to full duration if your guarded target continues to be attacked.

Commentary: This is just a fun bit of extra Retribution's while your guarded target is attacked. The idea behind this is thinking about a Jedi Guardian who sees their ally being attacked, so they get super protective and start reflecting attacks while rapidly making their way to the ally to defend them.

• There is now a royal blue (glows white when Admonition is spent) "Admonition" GUI information display below Focus for Guardians. There is now a crimson red (glows black when Castigation is spent) "Castigation" GUI information display below Rage for Juggernauts.

So your GUI would look like:
    [ Health ]
    [ Focus/Rage ]
    [ 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1/0 Admonition/Castigation ]

• Admonition/Castigation - The Guardian/Juggernaut now has a resource called "Admonition/Castigation". Admonition/Castigation increases all damage dealt and increases damage reduction by 0.5% every time you lose a stack from redirecting damage back to attackers through Retribution/Reckoning. Starts with 10 stacks and spends 1 Admonition/Castigation stack every time you redirect damage. After all stacks of Admonition/Castigation are spent, the Guardian/Juggernaut implements Djem So Form with Soresu Form for the next (10) seconds, making your next Master Strike/Ravage (has a different animation using powerful overhead strikes when Djem So Form is active) usable while moving. When Djem So Form ends, you build 10 admonition/castigation. For the next (2) seconds after Djem So Form ends, Slash/Vicious Slash activates with a 0.5s Global Cooldown. Admonition/Castigation starts at 10 and decrements to 0.

*The animation for Djem So Form causes the Guardian to have a white aura around them and the Juggernaut to have a black aura for the first few seconds to indicate they procced Djem So Form to the Guardian/Juggernaut, allies and enemies.*

Commentary: I wanted to give all 3 tanks some kind of mechanic that could be expanded on down the line, and Admonition helps the Guardian feel a little bit more "sturdy" when there isn't a cooldown to blow. As a reward for redirecting damage with Retribution, which was implemented to help the Guardian with AoE threat, Admonition provides a small Damage Reduction and Damage Bonus. Admonition means: 1: gentle or friendly reproof 2: counsel or warning against fault or oversight. And this is exactly what Admonition does. The Guardian has 10 stacks of this "warning" that increases the Guardian's damage and damage reduction every time damage is redirected from being attacked. If the enemy does not take heed to the "warning" the Guardian gets a buff which implements Djem So Form. Djem So Form was created by Soresu Form users who thought Soresu Form would unnecessarily extend time spent in combat by forcing its users to wait for an opportunity to strike rather than create their own openings. Djem So gives Guardian's a fun "bursty phase" for a short term after they "warned" the enemy to back off.

• Commanding Presence/Wrathful Appearance - Toggle On/Off. 2 minute cooldown. Non-interruptable channel. The Guardian/Juggernaut gracefully leaps from ally to ally within a 10m radius, redirecting 100% of the damage of the next attack that would hit the ally back to the attacker. Applies Awe/Intimidate to the enemy if damage is redirected. Awe/Intimidate blocks resource gain and depletes/drains 30% of that enemies resource over 3 seconds. Can only be used while Djem So Form is being implemented into your Soresu Form. Lasts until canceled or until Djem So Form expires.

*The animation is the Guardian/Juggernaut leaping rapidly from ally to ally within a 10m radius, deflecting/parrying the next attack that would hit them.*

Commentary: The idea behind this is the Guardian/Juggernaut becoming a beacon of protection for their allies and controlling the flow of battle.

• Challenging Call/Threatening Scream - now applies Guardianship to all allies within range, excluding yourself, causing the next direct, single target attack that hits them to be reflected back to the attacker. Lasts 10 seconds.

Commentary: I changed Guardianship to better fit the theme of the Guardian class. Guardians reflect, Shadows heal, and Vanguards absorb is the theme I was going with for these.

• Warding Power/Consuming Power - additionally causes Force Sweep/Smash to
    . Each hit of the pulse deals (X-X) Kinetic Damage and applies 1 stack of Diminish/Wear Out. Each stack increases the damage the next pulse deals to the target by (X%). Max 5 stacks. If a target receives all 5 stacks, hitting them with Guardian Slash increases the radius that Guardian Slash damages enemies.

Commentary: This allows the Guardian to lock down a zone and control the field of battle and helps with AoE threat. You could place this on top of a healer who is being attacked allowing them to be protected, or you could preemptively place it on a hot zone where enemies are going to be, or place it on adds, etc...

• Stasis Field/Mass Force Choke - new talent for Defense Guardians/Immortal Juggernauts that replaces Stasis Mastery/Force Grip. Force Stasis/Force Choke now stuns all additional enemies within (8) meters of the initial target.

Commentary: Since Awe has been reworked and replaced by Force Repulse, Defense Guardians needed a new means of AoE control and Stasis Field allows this. Guardian Tank's could control all enemies around them with Force Stasis, where as in comparison Guardian DPS could only stun 1 enemy with Force Stasis.

• Echo of the Force/Wound in the Force - new utility that causes Force Repulse/Force Maelstrom to leave behind an Echo of the Force/Wound in the Force that reduces all damage dealt and all healing received by 70% for everyone inside it. Lasts 4.5 seconds. If Echo of the Force/Wound in the Force were to hit an Operation Boss, the effect ends prematurely.

*The animation of Echo of the Force will be a white, cloudy fog with "small blue orbs" smothering an 8m radius and the animation of Wound in the Force will be a black, hazy fog with "red/orange ashes" floating around inside the 8m radius*

Commentary: This utility gives Defense Guardians a fun bit of "Area Zone Control" and would look really cool after a Force Repulse. This would be a perfect Utility to attach to a Matrix Shard combination for my Matrix Cube idea I discuss in another Spoiler tag on this thread.

• Courage/Revenge - additionally, the first Force Leap/Force Charge activated before entering combat grants immunity to all movement-impairing effects, knockdowns, and physics for (3) seconds.

Commentary: Making the first Force Leap before entering combat grant immunity to movement-impairing effects, knockdowns, and physics allows the Guardian to pick up threat without getting knocked back and delaying the Guardian from building threat while all his group mates are building aggro.

• Endure/Endure Pain - Inner Peace/Dark Blood has been renamed to Endure/Endure Pain. Force Leap/Force Charge now applies "Enduring" while under 30% health, granting immunity to all controlling effects for (4) seconds. Additionally increases Focused Defense/Enraged Defense maximum health duration by 10 seconds and the Focused Defense/Enraged Defense charge duration by 5 seconds. Increases Elemental and Internal Damage Reduction by 5%.

Commentary: Defense Guardians have been lacking a control immunity for a while. This sticks with the design of Guardians controlling the battlefield and it is almost like a "Last Stand" since it only applies when you are under 30% health so that you can make a last stand without fear of being shut down.

• Force Push/Pull - Force Push/Force Pull now functions on an ICD similar to relics. Right Click little square at top right of ability icon to switch between Force Push/Force Pull. (Functions similar to enabling/disabling companion abilities except it has an ICD so that you cant just use Force Push, then swap and use Force Pull. Cooldown is shared)

Commentary: I was looking at ways to give tanks a bunch of utility when I thought of this idea. This gives Guardians both Force Push and Force Pull utility, but they cant use both at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

Shadow/Assassin

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor

Shadow/Assassin

• Niman Form - Combat Technique/Dark Charge has been renamed to Niman Form. Enters a versatile lightsaber form, giving your melee attacks a 50% chance to additionally deal (X) internal damage plus additional threat to your target. Increases your armor rating by 130%, shield chance by 15%, threat generation by 100% and accuracy by 10% and reduces all damage dealt by 10% while active. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber or electrostaff. Does not break Stealth.

*The animation of the triggered internal damage from melee attacks is the Shadow/Assassin
    (Triggers similar to the way Ataru form has triggered strikes)*

Commentary: The reason I am requesting Combat Technique to be renamed is I would like to see all 7 of the classical Lightsaber Forms from the lore to be present in the game. Niman Form was considered the Diplomat's Form, or Moderation Form and had a fairly relaxed focus on bladework, designed as a simple, easily mastered fighting form for Jedi who preferred to devote most of their time to study and diplomacy (fits Consular story and theme perfectly.) To compensate for the relaxed focus on bladework and lack of significant specialization, Niman training regimens encouraged the inclusion of Force-based attacks in combat, such as telekinetic pulls and shoves used in sync with lightsaber strikes (sounds like Kinetic Combat doesn't it?) Diplomats were also known to be full of Deception, which would fit with the Inquisitor as well.

• Makashi Form - Shadow Technique/Surging Charge has been renamed to Makashi Form.

Commentary: Makashi was described as elegant and focused, and was based on balance and footwork to outmaneuver opponents. Fluidity and economy of motion were relied on, rather than strength, with Form II bladework heavily utilizing jabs and light cuts rather than hack and slash movements. Overall, the form was at its best when engaged in combat against a single enemy duelist. (Sounds like Infiltration)

• Shii-Cho Form - Force Technique/Lightning Charge has been renamed to Shii-Cho Form.

Commentary: Shii-Cho was the most simplistic form and was the first form taught to initiates within the Jedi Order. Form I training provided the basic knowledge of the sword-fighting principles and blast-deflection skill that was required for practice of all the other forms. This would be a great chance to add a little bit more completion to the games lore, with the Consular(Shadow) class having trained in Shii-Cho just like the Knight class.

• Battle Readiness/Overcharge Saber - Ready yourself with the Force, immediately restoring 15% of your max health, increasing the damage of all Lightsaber Forms by 100%, and increasing the chance to trigger their effects by 35% for 15 seconds. For the Infiltration/Deception and Serenity/Hatred Disciplines, you heal for (X) when your Lightsaber Form effects are triggered. For the Kinetic Combat/Darkness discipline, Battle Readiness/Overcharge Saber removes the rate limit of Radiance/Dark Essence healing for the duration.

Commentary: Battle Readiness had to be redesigned so that triggered healing from Lightsaber Form effects proccing would not heal the Kinetic Combat discipline since they have a new mechanic that heals them passively. Instead, it boosts their healing from their new mechanic for the duration by removing the rate limit associated with the healing. Also had to be reworded to increase damage of Lightsaber Forms instead of Techniques.

• Deflection - the last 2 seconds of Deflection now grant 35% armor.

Commentary: The idea stems from the power of Deflection imbuing into your armor as it wears off and would provide a nice little buff for Shadows and Assassins that isn't too much. Its similar to Blade Turning except it is back ended instead of frontloaded.

• Shadow's Shelter/Assassin's Shelter Heroic Utility - for the Kinetic Combat/Darkness disciplines, additionally causes Shadow/Assassin's Shelter to apply Peril/Menace to enemies who walk through it, dealing (X-X) internal damage over (X) seconds.

Commentary: This allows some additional AoE damage to be picked up through Utilities, especially for the Shadow Tank's who utilize Shadow's Shelter all the time.

Kinetic Combat/Darkness

• There is now a Green (glows light blue when you become Radiant) "Radiance" GUI information display below Force. There is now a Purple (glows light red when you become Sinister) "Dark Essence" GUI information display below Force.

[ Health ]
    [ Force ]
    [ 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 Radiance/Dark Essence ]

• Radiance/Dark Essence - The Shadow/Assassin now has a resource called Radiance/Dark Essence. When you take damage, you build Radiance/Dark Essence, which heals you for (X *very small amount*). Radiance/Dark Essence can only be built once every (3) seconds. At (10) stacks, you become "Radiant/Sinister", which makes your next attack apply Shatterpoint to all enemies within 10m, causing Radiance/DE to proc from each enemy individually on their own 3 second rate limit for 9 seconds.

*Radiance/Dark Essence heals emit a golden/grayish spark of energy. The animation for becoming "Radiant" is a light blue aura around the Shadow for the first few seconds to indicate that the Shadow is Radiant to you, allies, and enemies. The animation for becoming "Sinister" is a light red aura around the Assassin.*

Commentary: I wanted to give all 3 tanks some kind of mechanic that could be expanded on down the line, and Radiance helps fulfill the theme of a "self-healing" tank without being "too much." Radiance means: radiant brightness or light. And the idea behind Radiance is allies looking up to the Jedi Shadow for guidance and enemies becoming disheartened when they gaze upon the Shadow. Radiance brings back "passive" healing to the Shadow, but the passive healing is not enough to be "overpowered" because it is such a small amount. Radiance becomes fairly noticeable when you become Radiant/Sinister and a bunch of things are attacking you, causing Radiance to proc from each attacker individually instead of just any 1 attacker every 3 seconds.

• Elusiveness/Swelling Shadows - has been reworked to grant (2%) Armor Rating every time you lose a charge of Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward. Stacks 10 times. When Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward is refreshed or ends, the Armor Rating buff resets.

Commentary: I came up with this idea in the process of trying to determine how to bring Shadow's Defense's down to adjust for them receiving self-heals through Radiance. This essentially takes away the upfront extra 20% Armor Rating Shadow's got with Elusiveness talent, and it allows it to be thrown back in gradually when you lose a charge of Kinetic Ward by shielding attacks. This seems like a reasonable change and still lets Shadow's feel "sturdy" throughout a fight without the combination of Armor Rating and Self-Heals being too much.

• Shadowsight/Premonition - additionally causes Battle Readiness/Overcharge Saber to increase healing received from Radiance/Dark Essence by (X%) if it is activated while you are Radiant/Sinister.

Commentary: This was a way to still reward you for becoming Radiant. The original effect for becoming Radiant allowed Radiance to proc on each enemy individually, but since Battle Readiness removes the rate limit altogether, it would have just nullified the effects from becoming Radiant in the first place. Instead of it nullifying the effects, it will increase the healing received from Radiance if you activate Battle Readiness while you are Radiant.

• Battle Meditation/Sith Battle Meditation - 2 minute cooldown. Radiance/Dark Essence heals allies and causes all enemies within 40m to receive "Bottom of the Barrel/Worse for Wear", which causes them to deal (10%) less damage for 3 seconds when 2 or more allies attack them at the same time with direct single target attacks. Lasts 12 seconds. Can only be activated while you are Radiant/Sinister. Bottom of the Barrel/Worse for Wear will not apply to Operation Bosses.

*The animation is the Shadow/Assassin quickly concentrating on the force (similar to "Meditation" except instead of a yellow aura the Shadow/Assassin will have a light green/light purple aura) and debuffs enemies*

Commentary: The idea behind Battle Meditation is the Jedi Shadow controlling the flow of battle, causing Radiance to heal allies and allows your allies to take advantage of weaknesses in the enemy if they coordinate attacks.

• Mass Mind Control - now applies Force Conversion/Force Alteration to all allies within range, excluding yourself, causing the next damaging attack that hits them to heal them for (X%) of the damage done. Lasts 10 seconds.

Commentary: This is to provide Shadows with an ally protecting utility similar to how Guardianship works for the Guardians Challenging Call. Guardians reflect, Shadows heal, and Vanguards absorb is the theme I was going with for these.

• Force Pull/Force Push - Force Pull/Force Push now functions on an ICD similar to relics. Right Click little square at top right of ability icon to switch between Force Pull/Force Push. (Functions similar to enabling/disabling companion abilities except it has an ICD so that you cant just use Force Pull, then swap and use Force Push. Cooldown is shared)

Commentary: I was looking at ways to give tanks a bunch of utility when I thought of this idea. This gives Shadows both Force Pull and Force Push utility, but they cant use both at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

• Force Dash - new talent that makes it so that targeting an enemy with Force Speed while stealthed will throw your Double-Bladed Lightsaber towards the target, dealing (X-X) weapon damage, interrupting their current action, and impaling (immobilizing) them for 1.5 seconds before using the force to dash to your target, retrieving your saber.

*The animation is the Shadow/Assassin throwing their Double-Bladed Lightsaber into the target, impaling it, and using the force to quickly burst to the target and retrieve their lightsaber.*

Commentary: This was a fun idea to add a form of saber throw and "charge" to the shadow tank at the same time, while requiring stealth. Force Dash can be used during combat if you take advantage of the window that the new Shadow Warp talent provides.

• Force Slam/Dark Slam - new talent that causes Force Lift/Whirlwind to be instant and lifts all enemies within (X) meters of target. Lasts 4 seconds. First 2 seconds, targets are lifted in the air. Last 2 seconds the targets are slammed to the ground taking (X-X) kinetic damage. If direct damage is dealt in the first 2 seconds while a target is lifted, the effect ends prematurely.

Commentary: This gives Kinetic Combat Shadows instant AoE control which lifts all enemies that can be lifted and maintains the idea that Tank Shadows have more potent control, in comparison to DPS Shadows. The first 2 seconds the targets can be broke out by damage, but the last 2 seconds the enemies are slammed to the ground taking damage. Mental Fortitude no longer causes Spinning Kick to not require stealth to use; instead the effect is partially replaced by Shadow Warp talent if you keep reading below.

• Shadow Thrust - Shadow Wrap talent has been renamed Shadow Thrust.

• Shadow Warp/Assassin Warp - when a Harnessed Shadows/Harnessed Darkness proc is consumed, the Shadow/Assassin fades through the force, allowing stealth only moves to be used for (X *short period of time*) seconds. Using a stealth only ability consumes Shadow Warp/Assassin Warp, preventing more than 1 stealth only ability from being used.

*Animation is a blink of stealth, making your character appear invisible for a split second, even though they aren't technically stealthed so it doesn't drop threat*

Commentary: This allows Force Dash proc for Force Speed, Spinning Kick proc from the old Martial Prowess, and all other stealth only effects for a very short time frame.

• Telekinetic Slash/Exterminate - Toggle On/Off. 30 second cooldown. Non-interruptible channel. 10m range. Consumes (10) Force every second and Force can not be gained while channeling. The Shadow/Assassin performs a series of phasewalks following lightsaber strikes that deal (X-X) weapon damage to the target every 1.5 seconds. Weak enemies are additionally stunned for the duration of the effect. Can not be interrupted. (Switching targets phases you to that target and starts striking them as long as they are within 10m of your initial point of cast. Can effect multiple targets until you cancel the channel, or run out of Force, which puts it on cooldown for 30 seconds.)

*The animation is the Shadow/Assassin pulling apart their Double-Bladed Lightsaber to form 2 Single-Blade Lightsabers with 1 held in each hand. The Shadow/Assassin phases around to targets striking them with lightsaber attacks and ends with the Shadow/Assassin phasewalking back to the initial point of cast and reattaching their Lightsabers. Only phases to enemies within 10m of initial point of cast.*

Commentary: This allows the Shadow some more "lightsaber" animations while making them more mobile/acrobatic. Also thought about making this consume Harnessed Shadows stacks and would provide Shadow's Protection buff as well just like Cascading Debris. The difference is that TKSlash is on a 30 second cooldown and couldn't be used as often as Cascading Debris can. Cascading Debris would hit a single target harder, but TKSlash would allow you to phase to multiple enemies within a short range so it would be better for AoE.

• Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward - animation needs to be changed so that "15 small rocks/glyphs surround the user. When a charge is consumed, a rock/glyph randomly hits an enemy within 15m for (X *a tiny amount*)."

Commentary: A fun bit of tiny extra threat/damage and allows you to see when a charge of Kinetic Ward is consumed. The Animation also needs to be spaced out a bit so that the rocks don't clip the character model when you run forward.

• Kinetic Bulwark/Dark Bulwark - "When a Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward charge is consumed, a small, green-yellow/purple-red orb of Force Energy fills the void where the rock was.

Commentary: The animation allows you to keep track of your Kinetic Bulwark stacks.

Vanguard/Powertech

Republic Trooper/Bounty Hunter

Vanguard/Powertech

• Harpoon/Blitz[]Grapple/Shoulder Slam - Harpoon/Blitz[]Grapple/Shoulder Slam now functions on an ICD similar to relics. Right Click little square at top right of ability icon to switch between Harpoon/Blitz[]Grapple/Shoulder Slam. (Functions similar to enabling/disabling companion abilities except it has an ICD so that you cant just use Harpoon/Grapple, then swap and use Blitz/Shoulder Slam. Cooldown is shared)

*Blitz - 15m range. 45s cooldown (shared with Harpoon). The Vanguard charges furiously towards the target and tackles them to the ground. Knocks the target down for 2 seconds and the Vanguard is unable to complete any actions for 1.5 seconds. Can not be used to reach a higher position, target must be on same "Z-Axis" as you or below you.*

*Shoulder Slam - 15m range. 45s cooldown (shared with Grapple). The Powertech engages their Jet Pack and slams into the target with a rocket-propelled shoulder charge. Knocks the target down for 2 seconds and the Powertech is unable to complete any actions for 1.5 seconds. Can not be used to reach a higher position, target must be on same "Z-Axis" as you or below you.*

Commentary: I was looking at ways to give tanks a bunch of utility when I thought of this idea. Ive seen many Vanguard/Powertech DPS request for Storm/Jet Charge to become baseline or for some form of gap closer, and while I don't think they should get that, Ive come up with another means of closing the gap for them. Blitz/Shoulder Slam shares a cooldown with Harpoon so they have to weigh between what they want to do. Blitz/Shoulder Slam allows them to close the gap, but it also prohibits the Vanguard/Powertech from completing any action for 1.5 seconds. The reason it prohibits them from doing anything for 1.5 seconds, is a means to delay their burst by one Global Cooldown and it also fits in nicely with the whole "Non-Force Sensitive" commentary of Storm/Jet Charge below because if you run into someone, or tackle them, you are going to be briefly "halted" as well.

Shield Specialist/Shield Tech

• Storm/Jet Charge - Storm/Jet Charge can no longer be used to reach a higher position, target must be on same "Z-axis" as you or below you.

Commentary: I wanted to try to emphasize the idea that Troopers and Bounty Hunters aren't "force sensitives". These are men and women who just have an extraordinary will to fight and survive. This allows us to see that they aren't aided by the "force" like Jedi and Sith are so they have to resort to "normal" means to enhance things they do and the use of technology. Now before people say wait! Bounty Hunters have a jet pack! Jet Charge doesn't "boost" you higher, it "launches/speeds" you towards your target using a minimum amount of fuel. Your jet pack fuel is mostly "conserved" for other attacks. This creates a different feel from a Force Sensitive class and a Non-Force Sensitive one. This may look like a disadvantage but it is actually countered by the fact that Vanguard's and Powertech's have an array of ranged abilities that the Guardian/Juggernaut and Shadow/Assassin don't have access to. This is also one of the reasons I added in Blitz/Shoulder slam, essentially giving Vanguard/Powertech tanks a short cooldown gap closer with Storm/Jet Charge, and giving Vanguard/Powertech class as a whole, a long cooldown mid-range gap closer with Blitz/Shoulder Slam.

• Alternating Current/Direct Current - Power Screen has been renamed to Alternating Current/Direct Current.

There is now a "Alternating Current/Direct Current" GUI information display below Ammo. The display is divided into 3 sections:

[ Blue \ Green / Red ] - colors of each one will be displayed

[ 2 \ 2 / 1 ] - The display changes to show how many of each Currents are active for instance if 2 enemies had a Negative Current 2 would appear on the Blue side, if 2 enemies had Neutral Current then 2 would appear green in the middle, and if 1 enemy had Positive Current then it would appear on the red side. Max number of current is 5 because Alternating Current/Direct Current can only affect 5 enemies at a time.

[ Health ]
    [ Ammo ]
    [ Negative(Blue)/Neutral(Green)/Positive(Red) ]

Alternating Current/Direct Current - Triggering Ion Cell/Ion Gas Cylinder on enemies now applies "Alternating Current/Direct Current" to them for (12) seconds. Alternating Current/Direct Current now has an effect based on the Charge Level present on it. Charge Level is random and changes every (3) seconds. Alternating Current/Direct Current can only be on up to 5 enemies at a time. In addition, each time you apply AC/DC or refresh your AC/DC, the active cooldown of Energy Blast/Heat Blast is reduced by 1 second.

Charge Level:
    AC/DC Negative Charge (blue icon) - increases your Shield Absorption by 1% when the target damages you.
    AC/DC Neutral Charge (green icon) - increases your damage reduction by 1% when the target damages you.
    AC/DC Positive Charge (red icon) - reduces that targets Critical Chance by 1% when the target damages you.

Commentary: I wanted to give all 3 tanks some kind of mechanic that could be expanded on down the line, and I tried to look at the theme of the Trooper compared to Jedi in this situation. Jedi are peacemakers and try to prevent conflict from happening or at least attempt to, where as Troopers are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Coming from this viewpoint, I decided to give Vanguards a offensive mechanic that applies a debuff called (Alternating Current) on their enemies when the Vanguard triggers Ion Cell on them, which then turns Alternating Current into a defensive mechanic. After the debuff is applied, if the enemy damages you the "icon" of the debuff switches "colors" based on the "Charge Level" which can be Negative, Neutral or Positive. The Charge Level indicates the buff you will receive when that target damages you. The buff does not stack every time that target attacks, but you can have multiple buffs across a total of 5 enemies. (For instance, if Enemy A has a negative charge, you gain 1% shield absorption when he damages you. If Enemy A damages you a second time, you still only have 1% shield absorption from him. But if Enemy B also has a negative charge, you gain 1% shield absorption from him as well. If Enemy C has a neutral charge and damages you, you would also have 1% more damage reduction. If enemy D has a positive charge and damages you, his critical chance is reduced by 1%. The Charge Level is random and changes every 3 seconds but I just wanted to explain how it would work if Charge Level didn't change so that you can get a better picture of the mechanic.)

• Energy Blast/Heat Blast - Fires a shot that consumes Alternating Current/Direct Current on the target to deal (X-X) elemental damage, generate 8 energy cells, and apply an effect based on the number of Charge Level's present on all targets based off of the Alternating Current/Direct Current on the target. This ability is only usable with AC/DC present on the target and does not respect the global cooldown.

AC/DC Negative - increases Shield Absorption by (5%) per number of Negative Currents for 6 seconds.
    AC/DC Neutral - increases Defense Chance by (5%) per number of Neutral Currents for 6 seconds.
    AC/DC Positive - reduces that targets Critical Chance by (5%) per number of Positive Currents for 6 seconds.

• Shield Amplification - 3 minute cooldown. Immediately amplifies your Shield Generator applying Alternating Current/Direct Current to all targets within a 8m radius disregarding the 5 limit cap, extends the duration of your next Energy Blast/Heat Blast by 4 seconds, and increases your Shield Chance to 100% for 6 seconds.

*The animation looks like a yellow/orange burst of sparks from the Vanguard/PowerTechs armor*

Commentary: This is a defensive cooldown to make the Shield Specialist/Shield Tech really live up to their name and also benefits the new "Alternating Current/Direct Current" mechanic.

• Riot Shield/Brawl Shield - 1 minute cooldown. (The Vanguard deploys a portable energy shield/the Powertech emits an energy shield from their gauntlet) in front of them that blocks all fast-moving projectiles and absorbs single target Melee and Ranged attacks that pass through it for 5 seconds.

*The animation deploys the shield on the ground in front of the Vanguard/Powertech, effectively creating a "wall"
    that absorbs single target Melee and Ranged damage that passes through it. Enemies can go around to the side or back of the shield and hit you without it being absorbed so you will have to place it wisely.*

Commentary: This is a really nice cooldown to provide a "Saber Reflect and Resilience" option to the Vanguard. The Vanguard's shield absorbs melee and ranged attacks that pass through it.

• Republic Turret/Rogue Droid - new utility that causes Stealth Scan to additionally deploy a multi-functional turret/droid that triggers Ion Cell/Ion Gas Cylinder on enemies when they get near it and randomly throws out 3 Bacta Capsules within a 30m radius every 5 seconds. Bacta Capsules release a healing fume that heals allies within 4m of where the capsules land for (X *very small amount*). The turret lasts until it or you is defeated or until Stealth Scan is reactivated. Only 1 turret/droid can be active at a time. The turret/droid's health is = to 25% of your maximum health.

Commentary: This is a means of providing the Vanguard/Powertech an area encompassing utility and would be a good Utility to attach to a Matrix Shard combination for my Matrix Cube idea I discuss in another Spoiler tag on this thread.

• Sonic Round/Sonic Missile - now applies Sonic Rebounder to all allies within range of its impact area, excluding yourself, which absorbs the next direct, single target attack dealt to them. Lasts 10 seconds.

Commentary: This is to provide Vanguards with an ally protecting utility similar to how Guardianship works for the Guardians Challenging Call. Guardians reflect, Shadows heal, and Vanguards absorb is the theme I was going with for these.

• For The Republic!/Fulfill The Contract... -

For The Republic! - 3 minute 30 second cooldown. The Vanguard calls in a squad of [NPC] Republic Troopers to provide cover-fire. The troopers interrupt channeled attacks of enemy players & npcs, and disrupt enemy player targeting. The troopers last until they are killed or (60) seconds, whichever comes first. The troopers apply 2 different buffs to enemy players. Disrupt, which lasts (10) seconds and prevents the enemy from having their target disrupted by the troopers. And Delay, which lasts (10) seconds and prevents the enemy from being interrupted by the troopers. Each troopers health is = to 10% of your maximum health and they share the same damage reduction as you. Can not be used in Arena's. Operation Bosses are not affected by target disruption or interrupts from the troopers. Can only be used with 5 Currents present.

*The animation is a Republic Gunship dropping in (4) Republic Troopers that rappel down and set up position.

Fulfill The Contract... - 3 minute 30 second cooldown. The Powertech calls in [NPC] Hired Mercenaries to neutralize enemies. The mercenaries interrupt channeled attacks of enemy players & npcs, and disrupt enemy player targeting. The mercenaries last until they are killed or (60) seconds, whichever comes first. The mercenaries apply 2 different buffs to enemy players. Disrupt, which lasts (10) seconds and prevents the enemy from having their target disrupted by the mercenaries. And Delay, which lasts (10) seconds and prevents the enemy from being interrupted by the mercenaries. Each mercenaries health is = to 10% of your maximum health and they share the same damage reduction as you. Can not be used in Arena's. Operation Bosses are not affected by target disruption or interrupts from the mercenaries. Can only be used with 5 Currents present.

*The animation is (4) Escape Pods dropping down from orbit and the Hired Mercenaries walk straight out of them getting into position.

Commentary: For The Republic! and Fulfill The Contract... are both really fun ways that stand out and make the Vanguard/Powertech unique. They call in a squad of NPC's which cause enemy player targets to have their targets changed and causes player and NPC enemies to have their channels interrupted. The NPC's you call in can be healed so it is up to allied healers to take advantage of the utility and provides more means for teamwork.

• Hold the Line/Hydraulic Overrides - additionally increases all nearby allies resource regeneration by 10%. (Knight/Warrior classes build 1 extra focus/rage)

Commentary: This is just another means of adding some extra utility to the Vanguard.

• Neural Surge/Carbonize - now stuns all enemies within 8 meters for 2.5 seconds instead of just 8 enemies.

Commentary: This provides greater AoE control for Vanguard tanks in comparison to Vanguard DPS. Tanks have more potent control is the "theme" I was trying to go for.

Edited by KnightTyler

Sentinel/Marauder

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior

• Force Repulse/Force Maelstrom - Awe/Intimidating Roar has been replaced with Force Repulse/Force Maelstrom. 3 minute cooldown. Channeled 3 seconds. The Knight/Warrior leaps in the air harnessing the force and gathering energy within themselves to unleash a powerful, outward burst at end of channel. Deals (X-X) Kinetic damage and knocks back all enemies within a (8m) radius and knocks them down for 2 seconds. Strong, standard and weak targets are defeated/annihilated if their health is (20%) or less. The Knight/Warrior is immune to all controlling effects while channeling and damage reduction is increased by 30%. Spends all focus/rage. This ability can be used while stunned or otherwise controlled but can not be used while above (50%) health.

*The animation of the Knight/Warrior channeling the Force Repulse/Force Maelstrom will be similar to this (aka Eric Musco enraged lol.)(scroll to 1:52 if link doesn't take you to the right spot, 2:20 is where the repulse takes place). The only difference will be that Knights will have a blue tint and Warriors a red tint. The Knight's animation for defeating strong, standard and weak targets below 20% is the target flying backwards and landing on the ground dead. The Warrior's animation for it is annihilating them, reducing them to ashes.*

Commentary: Force Repulse allows Sentinels to have some more control than they currently have, while also doubling as a defensive cooldown to get enemies off of them. They needed a better "use when being focused ability" because Guarded by the Force has been changed to be a "Last Stand Momentum" cooldown.

Sentinel/Marauder

• Centering/Fury - now displayed underneath Focus/Rage GUI instead of appearing in buff/debuff area.

• Twin Saber Throw/Dual Saber Throw - now has a soft taunt effect, forcing the target to attack you for 3 seconds if no tank form (Soresu Form/Niman Form/Ion Cell) is present in your group. Does not multiply threat like regular taunt, functions similar to AoE taunt but without the AoE effect. Soft taunt effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.

Commentary: This was just a means to provide Sentinel's a way to protect their group like most "Jedi" would do and it doesn't hurt tanking classes because it wont "soft taunt" if a tanking form is present in the group.

• Concentrate Focus/Furious Rage - 1 minute cooldown. 30m range. Marks the enemy or ally for (X) seconds. If an enemy is marked, damaging single target attacks by the Sentinel/Marauder on another enemy deal (X%) of their damage to the marked enemy. If an ally is marked, 15% of all incoming damage the ally would take is transferred back to you. Damage will not be shared to enemy or transferred from ally unless you remain within 15m of marked target.

Commentary: This gives the Sentinel their own niche in PvP situations where they can become the "tank & guarded target" pressure. It also helps in PvE situations where you need to damage 2 targets at the same time. I also thought about what Jedi do and that is protect. It just wouldn't feel right if a Jedi cant protect so this additionally provides a pretty balanced way to let the Sentinel take some damage for a teammate if they so choose.

• Defensive Leap/Averting Leap - 30s cooldown. Leaps backwards (8) meters. Additionally applies an effect based off of your current form:

Juyo - Defensive Leap/Averting Leap strikes the ground with both sabers after landing, projecting a trail of deadly energy (blue flames for Sentinel and Red Flames for Marauder) along a straight path in front of you which deals (X) elemental damage to targets who stand in it for (X) seconds.

Ataru - Defensive Leap/Averting Leap resets the cooldown of Force Leap and grants 1 charge of Grace of Ataru. Grace of Ataru reduces the minimum range of your next Force Leap by 10 meters and causes your next Force Leap to not go on cooldown if used within 10 meters or less while the charge is active. Activating Force Leap while further than 10 meters will consume all Grace of Ataru charges and puts Force Leap on cooldown like usual.

Shii-Cho - Defensive Leap/Averting Leap causes you to quake the ground where you land, damaging all enemies in a 15m radius for (X) kinetic damage and refreshes Heightened Power's duration if present.

Commentary: This seems like a good way to provide Sentinels a "disengage/re-engage" option and this stems from the idea of the talent "Defensive Roll" which reduces AoE damage taken. Instead of reducing the damage taken, you allow Sentinels to get out of the zone altogether, requiring smarter play while allowing the Sentinel to get a small buff from playing smart. Or they can just stand in the bad stuff, because they pay their monthly subscription to do what they want lol.

• Guarded by the Force/Undying Rage - 1 minute 30s cooldown. Temporarily increases your maximum health by (15%) and increases your damage reduction by (50%) while stunned. Lasts (12) seconds. Additionally applies Guarded/Undying, which increases damage reduction and reduces the global cooldown by 0.075 every time you are attacked. Stacks 10 times. While Guarded/Undying is active, your direct single target melee attacks heal you for (X). Can be used while stunned or otherwise controlled but can not be activated while above 35% health.

Commentary: No other class has to sacrifice so much for any of their powerful defensives. Although Guarded by the Force's effect is extremely powerful, it more often than not just accelerates your death or you are stunned anyways so you cant even use it. I have shifted the focus of Guarded by the Force to be a "Last Stand" instead of a "Last Stand before you help kill yourself". Force Repulse will now be the "go to" ability when "you are being focused (Burst Pressure)" and Guarded by the Force will now be a "Last Stand." Guarded by the Force now feels like a "momentum" cooldown, the more you are attacked, the faster you swing, and the tougher you get. Your single target melee attacks heal you so if your enemy cant pump out enough damage to kill you, they simply make you tougher, increase your attack speed, and you get heals from attacking. The enemy can stun you to counter your healing or to buy time so that your buff drops off, but you have 50% damage reduction while stunned. This makes Guarded a true "Last Stand" which can still be shut down if the enemy puts out enough damage or if they know they cant put out enough to overpower your buff, they will control you and not attack you so that you don't get more powerful. At 10 stacks, you will have 50% damage reduction and your global cooldown will be 0.75, pretty much making you hit twice for every 1 time somebody else would hit. The global cooldown is hard capped at 0.75 when using this ability, to prevent Zen in Ataru form and Alacrity Rating on gear from pushing you over 0.75.

• Saber Barrier/Raging Blades - Pacify/Obfuscate has been removed from the game and replaced with Saber Barrier/Raging Blades. Toggle On/Off. 1 minute cooldown. Non-Interruptible Channel. Can be used while moving. Creates an impenetrable defense with your Lightsabers, dealing (X-X) weapon damage to all enemies in a (5m) radius around you every 1.5 seconds. If an enemy is struck, "Pacify/Obfuscate" is applied to them reducing their melee, ranged, force, and tech accuracy by (X%) for 3 seconds. Saber Barrier/Raging Blades will not reduce accuracy of Operation Bosses, but if an Operation Boss is struck by Saber Barrier/Raging Blades, all damage taken is reduced by 25% for 3 seconds. Spends 1 focus/rage every 1.5 seconds to maintain channel.

*The animation is the Sentinel/Marauder creating a "wall of lightsaber blades" defending the Sentinel/Marauder from melee and ranged attacks. (Similar to this, scroll to 2:22 if link doesn't take you to right spot)

Commentary: Pacify is good against a few disciplines in PvP situations, but it could never really be used in a serious PvE encounter because of the restriction on Operation Bosses. This still maintains that restriction for the accuracy part, but allows Saber Barrier to increase your defense against Operation Bosses, deal damage and "Pacify" enemies near the Sentinel if they are struck with the sabers, so it has more of a use in a PvE situation. It also spends Focus so you have to weigh between being able to output serious damage, or increase your defense at the cost of that serious damage.

Gunslinger/Sniper

Smuggler/Imperial Agent

Gunslinger/Sniper

• Ready For Anything/Spotter - now displayed underneath Energy GUI instead of appearing in buff/debuff area.

• Vantage Point/Sniper's Nest - passive trainable at lvl 59 that causes Dodge/Evasion to immediately reset the cooldown of Hightail it/Covered Escape and causes Hightail it/Covered Escape to grant stealth for 3 seconds. Dealing direct damage breaks stealth. Stealth does not exit combat.

Commentary: The main problem Ive noticed people complaining about is Gunslinger's getting focused in Arena's. This suggestion allows the Gunslinger to disengage for 3 seconds so that they can get the upper hand (scoundrel pun lol) again. I feel like the Gunslinger is already pretty powerful and they have a number of ways to keep people off of them so I didn't really see the need for another defensive cooldown. I always thought Gunslingers and Snipers should have some short term in-combat stealth like Force Camo and this is a good way to apply it. If added, Scatter Bombs and Incendiary Mine would need a lock-out of 20 seconds assuming you want them to have the same uptime as now.

• Flourish Shot - now applies Crimp, which leeches (X%) of outside healing received on the target and heals the Gunslinger/Sniper for the amount leeched. Additionally deals (X) damage to the source of the heal. Lasts (X) seconds. Crimp can not be applied more than once every minute. Leeched Healing ignores Trauma.

Commentary: This gives the Gunslinger their own niche in PvP situations where they can become the "healer & healed receiver" pressure while gaining a small heal. It also helps in PvE situations where a target can be healed, the Gunslinger would be able to steal a portion of that heal while damaging the source of the heal.

Edited by KnightTyler

Sage/Sorcerer

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor

Sage/Sorcerer

• Noble Sacrifice/Consumption - stacks are now displayed underneath Force GUI instead of appearing in buff/debuff area.

Commando/Mercenary

Republic Trooper/Bounty Hunter

Commando/Mercenary

• Supercharge - now displayed underneath Ammo/Heat GUI instead of appearing in buff/debuff area.

• Commitment/Dedication - passive trainable at lvl 59 that causes Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload to additionally hinder targets that deal damage to you while it is active, preventing the use of high mobility actions and escapes such as charges, vanishes, and speed boosts. Last (4-6) seconds.

Commentary: I have noticed a lot of Commando's concerns regarding survivability while focused. This suggestion, allows a Commando to enhance the effectiveness of Adrenaline Rush as a short term defensive "control" ability that can be used to create distance while prohibiting your enemies from relentlessly engaging you without being hindered themselves.

Scoundrel/Operative

Smuggler/Imperial Agent

Scoundrel/Operative

• Upper Hand/Tactical Advantage - now displayed underneath Energy GUI instead of appearing in buff/debuff area.

Edited by KnightTyler

Matrix Cube

Matrix Cube now unlocks a (7th) piece Set Bonus when there is already a (6) piece set bonus equipped. The (7th) piece Set Bonus unlocks an additional effect that varies from Matrix Shard Combinations per type of Set Bonus.

Using Guardian for example: If wearing (6) piece War Leader Set Bonus,

• Blue, Blue, Blue crystal provides: (Insert War Leader Set Bonus Effect here)

• Green, Green, Green provides: (Insert War Leader Set Bonus Effect here)

• Red, Red, Red provides: (Insert War Leader Set Bonus Effect here)

• Yellow, Yellow, Yellow provides: (Insert War Leader Set Bonus Effect here)

If wearing (6) piece Vindicator,

• Blue, Blue, Blue provides: (Insert Vindicator Set Bonus Effect here)

• Green, Green, Green provides: (Insert Vindicator Set Bonus Effect here)

• Red, Red, Red provides: (Insert Vindicator Set Bonus Effect here)

• Yellow, Yellow, Yellow provides: (Insert Vindicator Set Bonus Effect here)

And so on and so forth...

This would provide Bioware a means of adding 4 (or more) different choices of utility that they didn't want to add in the Discipline System because they didn't want the wrong spec getting it. So if Im in full (6) piece War Leader Set Bonus, I get to choose between 4 different utilities for my Defense spec that Bioware didn't want to add to the entire Guardian class. If Im in full (6) piece Vindicator Set Bonus, I get to choose between 4 different utilities for Vigilance spec, etc... This allows us to choose among 4 different utilities that fit our playstyle better.

(Assuming they all are wearing (6) piece War Leader Set Bonus), if Pokket is in Defense Spec and she chooses Blue, Blue, Blue, she may get +2 seconds to Focused Defense. If Courtney Woods is in Defense Spec and she chooses Green, Green, Green, she may get +5% damage after using Force Leap. If Tait Watson is in Defense Spec and he chooses Red, Red, Red, he may get +30% AoE damage reduction. If Eric Musco is in Defense Spec and he chooses Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, he may get +10% endurance. These are all just examples but hopefully Ive painted the picture clear enough.

As far as equipping the Matrix Cube you create, I think it should equip to a small square on your Discipline Tree Frame. It shouldn't take the place of our relic slots. If you equip it, it goes to a small slot on the Discipline Tree Frame and acts just like a piece of armor. The slot is strictly for the Matrix Cube though.

Miscellaneous

1. Blue Protection Flytext especially for Tanks

2. Armory on SWTOR.COM

3. Dual-Spec/Outfit Switch

4. Multi-Passenger Mounts

5. Add an Athletic Body Type that is taller and more muscular than 2 but not quite as tall and muscular as 3.

(For Example: Body Type 1 = Skinny, Body Type 2 = Average, Body Type 3 = Athletic, Body Type 4 (currently 3) = Bodybuilder, Body type 5 (currently 4) = Chubby)

6. Advanced Guild System's

7. Interact with Furniture

8. Chat Bubbles

9. Pazzak/Dejarik (Hint: also a good idea for a Windows Phone, Apple, and Android mobile APP so that players have something to do while away from their computers that connects back in to SWTOR)

10. Swoop/Pod Racing

11. "Create-A-Companion" system

12. Cape/Cloak/Robe Armor Slot and option to "Take Off/Hide" when entering combat.

(When equipped, overrides "default" Robe/Cape/Cloak on armor. Animation of Take Off/Hide simply drops your Robe/Cloak under you or to the side like they do in the movies.)

13. Effect Slot for Weapons

(For example: Sabers like Tythonian Force Master, Ziost Guardian, Volatile, etc.., all have effects on the blade. These effects now become "mods" that you place in and out of weapons just like you do augments. This allows more effects to be created and opens up some nice rewards for PvP Seasons, PvE Nightmare rewards, Cartel Market can also profit, etc...)

14. Sound Slot for Weapons

(For example: create a sound effect slot that can be used to insert Sound Effect modifications. Sell the sound effect mods in Cartel Market, and let a crafting skill be capable of crafting certain ones. We can also earn them through rep also, NiM rewards, Ranked awards, etc...) When equipped, it overrides the sound already on the weapon.

15. Color Crystals affect Personal Shield Generators shielding color

16. Planets

17. Legacy Replay System

Edited by KnightTyler

• Vantage Point/Sniper's Nest - passive talent given to Gunslingers and Snipers at 59 that causes Dodge/Evasion to immediately reset the cooldown of Hightail it/Covered Escape and causes Hightail it/Covered Escape to grant stealth for 3 seconds. Dealing direct damage breaks stealth. Stealth does not exit combat.

Commentary: The main problem Ive noticed people complaining about is Gunslinger's getting focused in Arena's. This suggestion allows the Gunslinger to disengage for 3 seconds so that they can get the upper hand (scoundrel pun lol) again. I feel like the Gunslinger is already pretty powerful and they have a number of ways to keep people off of them so I didn't really see the need for another defensive cooldown. I always thought Gunslingers and Snipers should have some short term in-combat stealth like Force Camo and this is a good way to apply it.

• Leg Shot - now applies Crimp, which leeches (X%) of healing received on the target and heals the Gunslinger/Sniper for the amount leeched. Additionally deals (X) damage to the source of the heal. Lasts (X) seconds. Crimp can not be applied more than once every minute.

Commentary: This gives the Gunslinger their own niche in PvP situations where they can become the "healer & healed receiver" pressure while gaining a small heal. It also helps in PvE situations where a target can be healed, the Gunslinger would be able to steal a portion of that heal while damaging the source of the heal.

1) Interesting suggestion. I think the stealth would be sort of useless(your and your enemies DOTs would pull you out), but some sort of roll->evasion->roll combo would be cool and work out as 4 GCDs worth of near-invulnerability, but 2 spent inactive. The Virulence and Engineering roll moves would just need to be given a 20-second lockout.

2) Also a leech would be better put on Shatter Shot. Maybe put that as a utility with Debilitating Shots.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

1) Interesting suggestion. I think the stealth would be sort of useless(your and your enemies DOTs would pull you out), but some sort of roll->evasion->roll combo would be cool and work out as 4 GCDs worth of near-invulnerability, but 2 spent inactive. The Virulence and Engineering roll moves would just need to be given a 20-second lockout.

Stealth was just a means to keep the Gunslinger/Sniper alive while making sure that if they decide to deal damage earlier than 3 seconds, it would be their own fault if they started to come under attack. The stealth would've worked just like Force Camo, where as long as you don't deal direct damage you wont be broken out, except by Stealth Scan.

2) Also a leech would be better put on Shatter Shot. Maybe put that as a utility with Debilitating Shots.

Most of these ideas were made Pre-Discipline era so it will take some time and feedback to fix them. Shatter Shot is used often when trying to debuff multiple enemies, that's why I originally put it on Leg Shot so it would be used when you were trying to take someone down instead of just randomly applying to someone you were trying to debuff. Why do you think Shatter Shot would be a better choice? Also, thanks for the reply!

Stealth was just a means to keep the Gunslinger/Sniper alive while making sure that if they decide to deal damage earlier than 3 seconds, it would be their own fault if they started to come under attack. The stealth would've worked just like Force Camo, where as long as you don't deal direct damage you wont be broken out, except by Stealth Scan.

Most of these ideas were made Pre-Discipline era so it will take some time and feedback to fix them. Shatter Shot is used often when trying to debuff multiple enemies, that's why I originally put it on Leg Shot so it would be used when you were trying to take someone down instead of just randomly applying to someone you were trying to debuff. Why do you think Shatter Shot would be a better choice? Also, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I saw where you were getting at with it, and it would not be by any means a bad addition. I did not mean to entirely dismiss it, I just don't know if it would be very effective.

I think Shatter Shot would be better because it would increase it's effectiveness drastically because it already effects the amount of heals an enemy takes while they are debuffed by trauma. 20% healing loss + X% healing steal vs. Root and healing steal. I guess it would be counter-intuitive because it would reduce the amount of heals you're getting, but maybe it could work to ignore trauma.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

I think Shatter Shot would be better because it would increase it's effectiveness drastically because it already effects the amount of heals an enemy takes while they are debuffed by trauma. 20% healing loss + X% healing steal vs. Root and healing steal. I guess it would be counter-intuitive because it would reduce the amount of heals you're getting, but maybe it could work to ignore trauma.

After thinking it over, I agree that Flourish Shot would be a better choice now in 3.0. The original Leg Shot idea was made pre-3.0 when Flourish Shot/Shatter Shot also applied armor debuff which is why I originally didn't have it on Flourish Shot. I appreciate the feedback and I have made the following changes:

Flourish Shot - now applies Crimp, which leeches (X%) of healing received on the target and heals the Gunslinger/Sniper for the amount leeched. Additionally deals (X) damage to the source of the heal. Lasts (X) seconds. Crimp can not be applied more than once every minute. Leeched Healing ignores Trauma.
Edited by KnightTyler