Underworld trading working?

XmaceukX

I have not had any missions that give me Mandalorian iron since the last patch is there something wrong?

I constantly take companion missions and no metal missions to see if this brings them up but none i try and take everything they offer to see if i get the rich yield for metals but still nothing is it broke or am i just very unlucky not to had had one since the last update?

All metals missions except for moderate rewards have a chance to generate mando iron. But mando iron only becomes available as the result of a critical success on that metals mission. Therefore your best chance of getting mando iron is to send a companion that is max affection (+5% chance to crit) and that has a bonus to UT crit chance (i.e. the JK companion "Doc").

Other than that you have simply been unlucky. In my last ten grade 6 UT metals misssions i've gotten two crits for six mando iron.

All metals missions except for moderate rewards have a chance to generate mando iron.

Er... Maybe it's the lack of sleep and I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you're saying moderate grade 6 metal missions don't give Mandolorian Iron when they crit. They can, and do, as I've I had my comps crit on the moderate missions multiple times and received some. Not as much as I would from A Volatile Gift, the abundant grade 6 metal mission, but moderate most definitely can return Mando iron.

The implementation of this crafting system is about the worst I've ever seen. it has a solid matrix, but managed and balanced as if by the mind of a 12 year old. its as if they sub-contracted it out and have no one in house that is capable of reviewing and balancing it....so they just let it be.

Er... Maybe it's the lack of sleep and I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you're saying moderate grade 6 metal missions don't give Mandolorian Iron when they crit. They can, and do, as I've I had my comps crit on the moderate missions multiple times and received some. Not as much as I would from A Volatile Gift, the abundant grade 6 metal mission, but moderate most definitely can return Mando iron.

My bad. You are correct. I was thinking of those grades where there are two types of a given material. A moderate mission only gives the lesser material where abundant and above give both.

Still no mando iron from any missions for well over 2 weeks now, i have been trying to run companion gift missions as some say this helps to generate metal missions and the moderate metals one but still nothing above moderate is popping this is a joke.

I know on my server Mando Iron runs about 10k per on the GTN, so you might want to check the GTN for purple level 340 UT missions. These will return all kinds of purple mats and if the price is right, you should be able to get what you need. I have been unlucky on the normal missions lately as well, even with Andronikos (+UT crit) going out for stuff.

Still no mando iron from any missions for well over 2 weeks now, i have been trying to run companion gift missions as some say this helps to generate metal missions and the moderate metals one but still nothing above moderate is popping this is a joke.

Here's a tip for anyone who doesn't know already. If you're not getting metal missions, and from memory they cap out at running 4 at one time, then there's a work around. Enter your ship, look at your missions, send on metal, exit your ship and repeat. Every time you load on and off you ship, the missions reset.

We shouldn't have to enter our ship we should be getting a fair share of higher level missions standard, whats the point in crafting stuff if you can't obtain the metals from the skills you should.

I have still not had one piece of mandlorian iron since i started this post and thats running every metal mission which there is only normally one moderate one sometimes 2 but only one abundant since this and it never crited so no MD.

So 12 days, the date i logged the call not even counting the days before logging it and not one piece of mandalorian iron this is just a joke.

I also take all companion missions to see if that would make them pop but no luck.

I do only get to do 2 crafting missions per session every other day as i am not on that much due to RL but surely in 12 days 7 played I should have gotten one crit.

Edited by XmaceukX

I think there must be a percentage of mission types. I find that my normal "spread" of missions is: 2-3 metal/cloth missions, and the rest comp missions. the metal/cloth missions seem t randomly choose one or the other, and not sure about the grade of mission (i.e. moderate, abundant, rich, etc). those could be percentage based all the missions for that tier...though I never get rich metal/fabric.

I've never seen one above abundant actually. I think that due to some kind of mission level range.the comp missions are a step lower then the metal/fabric missions. I will usually get one or two rich comp missions, but never above abundant on metal/fab missions.

Oh, and I've also noticed that when i run both metal and fab, i have a chance of getting one or the other in it's place...but i have yet to see a comp mission replaced directly with at metal/fab. unless its just a rarer chance.

Either way, I think that meta and fab missions share slots. which leads me to think that you can easily run into the niche farming isolation issue (My own word), where if your farming a node that has a chance to spawn multiple results, if you only farm one of those results, you eventually farm your way out of that resource type.

like if you have an equal chance of getting a metal or fabric mission each time one of those spawns, and you only farm the metal ones, eventually via random chance you run out of metal missions as the "slots" get filled up with fabric missions.

The ship transition comes from this...when you transition areas it resets your missions, hence you get a brand new "roll" on the missions. The other alternative (which was probably the intent of the design) is to simply run both the metal and fab missions, that way you have an equal chance to get either back as replacements.

i have never had good luck getting gift missions to reroll as metal or fab missions. My theory is that it has to do with the level system. there are more levels of comp missions to pull from, and less metal/fab missions, so you'll get a gift mission more often then not. either way i usually see only 2-3 metal/fab, and if i don't do both, i eventually end up with 2-3 fab missions solely.

the number of days spent is meaningless. How many missions have you done?

I send them all off 5 comps in total, 3 times per session most nights i play sometimes only 2 so between 10 and 15 mission probably about 4 times a week. and not one piece of mando iron taking all moderate missions and above.

I think there must be a percentage of mission types. I find that my normal "spread" of missions is: 2-3 metal/cloth missions, and the rest comp missions. the metal/cloth missions seem t randomly choose one or the other, and not sure about the grade of mission (i.e. moderate, abundant, rich, etc). those could be percentage based all the missions for that tier...though I never get rich metal/fabric.

I KNOW this to be false. I have actually had a grade 6 list have no gift missions. Ironically, it happened when I was doing a lot of gift missions for an alt. And there have been plenty of times when it is ALL gift missions (I've experienced it and a LOT players have come to these forums to complain about it).

Also grade 6 materials missions never go above abundant. grade 6 companion gift missions are ALL rich grade 5.