Dev's Secret huge buff to stealthers

assatrap

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's turned into The Cat Thread. :p

*THAT'S* the secret buff to "stealthers"! It's not really stealth classes. It's if you have a cathar toon. You know, one of those sneaky b@st@rd (there, now I've just offended all people born to unwed parents) cat people! You know what "stealthers" cats are!

I think I found the buff or what I would call a bug/exploit because some people know how to activate it at will.

(I’ve yet to work out how to get it to work)

Basically they seem to be able to chain stun even with full resolve. I had a sin do it to me yesterday. Stunned me 3 times in a row while I still had full resolve from his first 2 stuns.

Honestly, I think your distance/ping is the culprit here. I'm speculating of course. I live in NY and play on SF, so my server ping is like 30 ms. I rarely see desync, except in queshball, or when I'm watching particular players with lag/ping issues.

I don’t disagree that ping plays a part. But this only happens on stealths (Sins so far as I’ve experienced) and it never happened before.

Nothing has changed with my ping, the only thing that’s changed is the back end update they did the other week and 5.10b.

In the past we’ve all (who have higher than 30ms) experiences situations where we might get stunned once in full resolve just as it maxes or finishes (it’s maybe happened to me 5-8 times in 7 years), but 3 stuns in the same window as full resolve? No *********** way is that due to ping. And every other match? Nope, something has changed, wether it’s some backend hardware stuff or a code change (like reversingthe anti hack chnanges made last year). I even got killed on my sin yesterday while I was still in stealth by another stealth who didn’t even come out of stealth to kill me.

There is a bug or change that’s allowing some really weird **** to happen in pvp at the moment. Before this backend change I’d not seen any dodgy crap since BioWare introduced the antihack code that killed you if you did hack.

In just a week I’ve seen people leave the start area before matches (supposed to instant kill if they do).

I’ve seen people phase through and into walls (supposed to instant kill, even if you bug out and it’s not intended).

I’ve seen people floating higher than the melee bug and I’ve seen non stealth classes with no ops on their team stealth out to break target lock.

All evidence points to BioWare disabling the anti hack system to try and fix the desync. Or the hackers found a way around the anti hack - instant death measures. I’m going with number one because all of this crap started when they did the back end update.

I think I found the buff or what I would call a bug/exploit because some people know how to activate it at will.

(I’ve yet to work out how to get it to work)

Basically they seem to be able to chain stun even with full resolve. I had a sin do it to me yesterday. Stunned me 3 times in a row while I still had full resolve from his first 2 stuns.

It’s impossible to be stunned when white barred. You’re probably sitting at very high resolve and thinking you’re white barred. Please stop making ridiculous claims without proof.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

It’s impossible to be stunned when white barred. You’re probably sitting at very high resolve and thinking you’re white barred. Please stop making ridiculous claims without proof.

Why can't we add gifs on these forums, lol.

/popcorn gif

Do you think I don’t know it’s impossible? Why do you think I’m reporting it because it’s supposed to allow it?

I do know what resolve is. I do know how it works. I dont need to provide proof to you as you aren’t the proof police.

Honestly, I’m not even sure why I’m bothering to reply to your antagonistic post. Bait and report won’t work on me.

Do you think I don’t know it’s impossible? Why do you think I’m reporting it because it’s supposed to allow it?

I do know what resolve is. I do know how it works. I dont need to provide proof to you as you aren’t the proof police.

Honestly, I’m not even sure why I’m bothering to reply to your antagonistic post. Bait and report won’t work on me.

Clearly you don't know how resolve works, because there is no hack or bug that allows someone to be able to hardstun or mez through white bar. A white bar always has, every single time, granted immunity to those control effects.

This is another one of your wild accusations of hacking on the forums, and to this day you have never provided a shred of proof to back up your claims. They're quite clearly just attention seeking behavior from someone who doesn't know how the game works very well.

Oh wait. You don't need to provide proof? :rolleyes: I'm sure you're right and every one else who plays this game is wrong right? I can't wait for the smug response I'm going to get, about how I'm crazy for wanting proof to back up a crackpot and clearly contrived claim. Or maybe, you'll block me for calling you out for lying like you have with others on the forum :D

Edited by SlimeyDoom

Clearly you don't know how resolve works, because there is no hack or bug that allows someone to be able to hardstun or mez through white bar. A white bar always has, every single time, granted immunity to those control effects.

This is another one of your wild accusations of hacking on the forums, and to this day you have never provided a shred of proof to back up your claims. They're quite clearly just attention seeking behavior from someone who doesn't know how the game works very well.

Oh wait. You don't need to provide proof? :rolleyes: I'm sure you're right and every one else who plays this game is wrong right? I can't wait for the smug response I'm going to get, about how I'm crazy for wanting proof to back up a crackpot and clearly contrived claim. Or maybe, you'll block me for calling you out for lying like you have with others on the forum :D

I could respond by saying only a hacker would respond so strongly to deny bugs happen in this game that let people exploit. ;)

But let’s just not fight and agree to disagree before this gets out of hand with wild accusations from both sides.

Let’s just say, you weren’t there and it happened. It was a bug and you dont work for BioWare and can’t definitively say it’s not possible with so many other bugs in this game and past hacks and exploits still happening.

If you want to go down the proof or it didn’t happen argument then you are trolling and baiting because you know damn well that any proof I post of exploiting means I get banned.

Unlike you, I play my game for fun, not to record video constantly to fill up my hard drive and create game lag. I’ve reported the bug to BioWare and that is all I need to do. I don’t owe you anything.

The reason I posted was to give others a heads up this bug is about. If they see it they can also report it to BioWare and it will hopefully get fixed.

Anyone who doesn’t know by now that hacking is possible and does happen in this game is nieve. It’s been documented so many times over the years.

If you feel that I am lying about that, as you seem to be claiming, then you sir are in need of a new internet search engine. I hear there is a new one around called google or something :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But let’s just not fight and agree to disagree before this gets out of hand with wild accusations from both sides.

Let’s just say, you weren’t there and it happened.

The "wild accusation" was when I asked for proof? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Let's just say, I wasn't there, you're lying for attention, and everyone knows it ;)

Ditto and i want butter for the popcorn too!

Don’t forget the peanut M&Ms... a couple of those and some popcorn together are awesome... and I’ll have a peppermint chcc top and a giant coke (hold the diet, I want my sugar rush)...

And hurry up will you... I’m done, when does the movie start, I’ve seen these previews before and they are old and boring.

Edited by TrixxieTriss