The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I refuse to believe that this tank didn't know what he was doing, how can you get to lvl 50 and not no what gear to get?, He later DC'd and we finished the FP with 2 DPS and me (healer) I didn't know commando's could tank so well :D

I'm not being a stick in the mud, but you may want to black out the names on your images. It could be seen as going against forum policy.

I refuse to believe that this tank didn't know what he was doing, how can you get to lvl 50 and not no what gear to get?

I saw a level 50-something Juggernaut (or maybe a Marauder - can't quite remember, but definitely a Sith Warrior) on the Imperial Fleet the other day. I thought his outfit looked cool so I inspected him to see what the pieces were. To my amazement he was kitted from head to toe in Willpower gear.

So I guess it's more common than you imagine.

Edited by PLynkes

I saw a level 50-something Juggernaut (or maybe a Marauder - can't quite remember, but definitely a Sith Warrior) on the Imperial Fleet the other day. I thought his outfit looked cool so I inspected him to see what the pieces were. To my amazement he was kitted from head to toe in Willpower gear.

So I guess it's more common than you imagine.

I'm not saying this is the case, but with something like that it's possibly the result of some bad advice. I was once in a WZ where, while waiting at the start, a Sentinel asked, "Sorry to be a noob but I've seen some medium armor with Cunning and some with Strength. Which am I supposed to use?" I answered strength... everyone else answered cunning. :rolleyes:

Now, you'd think a Jugg would get the hint by 50 after seeing all his armor selections from rewards are not only heavy armor but strength-based... but you never know. Or maybe he was roleplaying? :D

Just met a Gunnery Commando on Cademimu HM that didn't use Grav Round... ever! In fact I have no idea what he used cause it felt like I was solo DPSing :(

I asked him about it and he didn't even reply. The only thing he said in the entire flashpoint was "droid first" before the first boss and then proceeded to attack the immune droid.

Sigh...

My guild put together a 16-man hard mode Xeno, with a few pugs. There was a DPS Assassin in the group that didn't have a Charge selected. We asked, hey, do you want to select a charge? and he says "I don't know??" Apparently he had no idea what it was. He said "leave me alone, I just got this guy to 55 and I don't really know how to play it that well, I normally play Republic".

OK....but...how they heck do you get to 55 and not even notice something so simple, and then have the nerve to join a hard mode operation and act indignant when questioned about it? So next thing he did was pick the tank stance... /facepalm. We set him straight in the end, but, damn.

My guild put together a 16-man hard mode Xeno, with a few pugs. There was a DPS Assassin in the group that didn't have a Charge selected. We asked, hey, do you want to select a charge? and he says "I don't know??" Apparently he had no idea what it was. He said "leave me alone, I just got this guy to 55 and I don't really know how to play it that well, I normally play Republic".

OK....but...how they heck do you get to 55 and not even notice something so simple, and then have the nerve to join a hard mode operation and act indignant when questioned about it? So next thing he did was pick the tank stance... /facepalm. We set him straight in the end, but, damn.

This game is fairly easy. You can get to 55 without chosing your Advanced Class. Not sure if I could solo kill imp makeb end story boss without AC tho, but the republic one is a wuss.

I once encountered in BT hm L52 PT dps + Jugg tank also 52, same guild, polish names (I'm a pole so it's easy to recognize), PT used:basic attack, flametower, an flame burst. nothing else. Jugg used basic attack, smash and I think sunder strike. I don't have to mention that my sniper was pulling aggro constantly from tank since he did no threat, or healer pulled aggro.

I asked them, how they got to 50+ with just 3 abilities (kindly and in english), they said they are playing together since level 10 and it was always enouth to burn thro story, so I should be quiet as they are profesional gamers.

ofc both died on last boss (what ever her name was) first pull, but I burnd her down like a charm.

during the flash point they were trash talking me in polish language thinkig I don't understand, but atleast they didn't swear much.

Normally I would talk back and leave, but on DPS after 50 minutes waiting for a pop, you kinda want to finish instance.

during last conversation, I thanked the healer in english, and riiiigt before jump, added in polish 'I hope I never see you two again' - pop loading screen and my reward waiting for me :rolleyes:

I que'd for an operation. I can justly say no one in my group knew what they were doing on the first fight. They were running around yelling at each other, no taunts from tanks, adds destroying dps while healers just stood there stupidly healing full health no agro tanks while the dps were slaughtered. One of the tanks, also, was still geared in lvl 52-53 green and blue gear you find from trash mobs on Makeb. Needless to say, I left that group.

Transcendence on cooldown always bewilders me, just like Shadows who open fights with Force Lift. Again: do people not read their tooltips, ever? :confused:

I mean I'd estimate at least 30-40% of the Marauders/Sentinels I see in Group Finder put up Transcendence every time they hit 30 Centering. I wonder if they just see a button light up and hit it, without understand why it's lighting up or what it's costing them in damage output.

Oh well. At least it's sort-of fun to have high uptime on running fast. :)

I asked one of those sents why he was doing that, he told me it reduced his gcd, LoL

This game is fairly easy. You can get to 55 without chosing your Advanced Class. Not sure if I could solo kill imp makeb end story boss without AC tho, but the republic one is a wuss.

He had his AC. He just didn't use a charge.

It has nothing to do with how easy it is, I can see someone getting through the game using one button. It's a question of, how does a player not READ and know what their abilities do by the time they're trying to run a 55 op? Whenever I train a new ability, I read what it does. And this isn't just a cooldown, it's something you turn on and use the whole time from pretty early on. :rak_02:

I quite possibly had the worst healer in the galaxy today.

Hammer station story mode, I am tanking on my new juggernaut, and get into a group with a 19 sorc healer 19 merc dps and a 15 sniper. We greet each other and go on to the first pull, which the sorc pulls, not bothering to wait for me. We go through a few pulls and I have not received a single heal....and died 3x. I ask for heals and point out to the sorc (who was attacking a target with his saber) that he heals. He says he knows. We wipe on some more trash (sorc was overloading every.single.pull.) We get to first boss where the sorc types "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" we wait while he sits there doing nothing. I tell him to seethe to regen force and he does and seems amazed. On boss he lets me pull, but then runs up, overloads and thrash spams until he is out of force, causing me to die to the laser. He then says "sorry was outta force" and the dps clean up the boss. We keep going with his overloading and meleeing and remarkably nobody dies. We then arrive at the second boss where he types again "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" despite him being at full health and force. He stands there and then rapidly types "go" and pulls the boss, making my job even harder. He runs around with his rotation and magically we do not die.

The boss drops a cunning vibroknife meant for the sniper, but the sorc needs on it. We ask why. He says Khem needs it. ./facepalm. We tell him Khem does not use a knife. The sorc continually says he does. We just let it drop. Mostly the same stuff with trash until some before final boss, in which the sorc commands me to heal (during combat) because he is out of force. He has no idea that I already blew my stack of medpacks due to his lack of heals, and rages at me when I do not use my magic heal skill that all level 16 juggernauts posess. Rest of the run was uneventful, besides his standard "NO FORCE" cry before each battle. He still managed to keep up his massive dps "thrash/overload rotation, and even ran into the sweeping gunfire (I had boss turned around and was sidestepping it.) He was promptly added to ignore.

Edited by amcdoog
Typo

Hammer station story mode, I am tanking on my new juggernaut, and get into a group with a 19 sorc healer 19 merc dps and a 15 sniper. We greet each other and go on to the first pull, which the sorc pulls, not bothering to wait for me. We go through a few pulls and I have not received a single heal....and died 3x. I ask for heals and point out to the sorc (who was attacking a target with his saber) that he heals. He says he knows. We wipe on some more trash (sorc was overloading every.single.pull.) We get to first boss where the sorc types "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" we wait while he sits there doing nothing. I tell him to seethe to regen force and he does and seems amazed. On boss he lets me pull, but then runs up, overloads and thrash spams until he is out of force, causing me to die to the laser. He then says "sorry was outta force" and the dps clean up the boss. We keep going with his overloading and meleeing and remarkably nobody dies. We then arrive at the second boss where he types again "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" despite him being at full health and force. He stands there and then rapidly types "go" and pulls the boss, making my job even harder. He runs around with his rotation and magically we do not die.

The boss drops a cunning vibroknife meant for the sniper, but the sorc needs on it. We ask why. He says Khem needs it. ./facepalm. We tell him Khem does not use a knife. The sorc continually says he does. We just let it drop. Mostly the same stuff with trash until some before final boss, in which the sorc commands me to heal (during combat) because he is out of force. He has no idea that I already blew my stack of medpacks due to his lack of heals, and rages at me when I do not use my magic heal skill that all level 16 juggernauts posess. Rest of the run was uneventful, besides his standard "NO FORCE" cry before each battle. He still managed to keep up his massive dps "thrash/overload rotation, and even ran into the sweeping gunfire (I had boss turned around and was sidestepping it.) He was promptly added to ignore.

Honestly you shouldn't have let him get away with those kind of actions. If he doesn't learn that he has to fulfill his role in a group and can't need on items he has absolutely no use for he's just going to keep inflicting that kind of play on others.

It's a community game and the more the community allows such behavior the less justification we have to come in threads like this and complain about it.

Not meaning this as an attack on you amcdoog. I'm just seeing more and more posts where actions like this are talked about but still allowed to happen.

Honestly you shouldn't have let him get away with those kind of actions. If he doesn't learn that he has to fulfill his role in a group and can't need on items he has absolutely no use for he's just going to keep inflicting that kind of play on others.

It's a community game and the more the community allows such behavior the less justification we have to come in threads like this and complain about it.

Not meaning this as an attack on you amcdoog. I'm just seeing more and more posts where actions like this are talked about but still allowed to happen.

We told him to heal....numerous times, but he did not listen, we really did not want to wait for GF to pop another via kicking him. Not sure if the merc would have wanted to heal. All in all, yes, we probably should have booted him, but for the sake of time we did not. We attempted to enlighten him to game mechanics.....but he just didn't listen, we all just ignored him, the dps and I were on the same page.

Did a pug 16m group for xeno during the gree event. Noticed a fellow merc spamming power shots in between fusion missiles. I asked him why he wasnt tossing up his pyro dots and why was he using combat cylinder. He said he was arsenal spec. As an arsenal merc a little part of me died inside....

I have horrible luck with healers.

My 24 guard tank gets a queue for mando raiders sm, with 2 commando dps, and a sage healer. Seeing as one commando dps is quite well geared (almost has same HP as me, with his aim high as well) I put guard on him. As a guardian I find commando dps tough to compete with for aggro, due to their aoes and good single target. It makes sense to me to guard him over anyone else, due to threat reasons. Immediately, before we even pull the healer cries out for a guard. I tell him the dps is more likely to pull threat. He then says he will quit if he does not get a guard. I really dislike people who act like that, so I continue to try and reason with him rather than giving him guard. He drops group before first pull. He then sends me rude messages calling me "a fcking horrible tank," and "dumber than a pile of rocks" and tells me that guard does nothing about threat all it does if reflect damage to me. Before I could respond he ignores me. It's things like this that make me hate grouping.

I have horrible luck with healers.

My 24 guard tank gets a queue for mando raiders sm, with 2 commando dps, and a sage healer. Seeing as one commando dps is quite well geared (almost has same HP as me, with his aim high as well) I put guard on him. As a guardian I find commando dps tough to compete with for aggro, due to their aoes and good single target. It makes sense to me to guard him over anyone else, due to threat reasons. Immediately, before we even pull the healer cries out for a guard. I tell him the dps is more likely to pull threat. He then says he will quit if he does not get a guard. I really dislike people who act like that, so I continue to try and reason with him rather than giving him guard. He drops group before first pull. He then sends me rude messages calling me "a fcking horrible tank," and "dumber than a pile of rocks" and tells me that guard does nothing about threat all it does if reflect damage to me. Before I could respond he ignores me. It's things like this that make me hate grouping.

That sounds like about 1/5 of the healers I encounter while doing lowbie FP's, sometimes 55s as well

I usually just try to forget the bad experiences, and remember only the good ones :rolleyes:

However in this last week I switched sides from Rep to Imp to level my Op healer and PT tank. Well… it was a quite surreal experience. There are some bads on the Rep side of my server, that’s true, but on the dark side it’s like 75% of the time, there’s at least one terribad/weirdo/clueless player.

I got into a False Emperor FP with my tank. As a reflex I’ve put my guard on the highest mainstat melee dps, an assassin in this case. Suddenly he tells me to put it on the healer. When I say nope, it’s fine where it is atm, he still insisted to put it on the healer. I’ve just told him: well, be my guest and tank, if you know better. His reply was, and I quote: “No, I am no tank, I’m dps. Pls put the guard on the healer or I leave.” At that point I started to get fed up, since I was after a very tiring day and it was 4 o’clock in the morning. Despite of my better sense, somehow I still tried to reason with him by asking, “do you know anything about how agro management in swtor?” Now also the healer chimed in, telling her point of view: “well, you should put it on the most threat generating dps, maybe the sniper” (her guildie btw :)). Still, the assassin couldn’t be reasoned with so after a final cry for justice on his part (basically repeating to put it on the healer or he leaves), I’ve simply answered: “Don’t let the door hit you on the arse. Btw if you’re outta here, please look up how tanking works in the game. cya. The healer lol’d, the assa left :p

The replacement was a little bit clueless (at least that’s how I put it, ‘cause the healer used the words f***ing and idiot), pulling before me, or pulling when three of us were avoiding, trying to ninja on a drop, but passing on the other.

Another time, now at lvl55 with my healer, I got into Athiss. One of the players, a sniper, opened on the wrong group of mobs. Unfortunately I haven’t seen it before too late and we wiped. The tank immediately called for a vote kick on the sniper. I myself voted not to kick and told the tank, that I wouldn’t kick the dps for one mistake. Reply was: he’s alwys doing that. And with that the tank left, even before the dps could‘ve said: who are you?

Unfortunately we got no queue pop for a tank replacement, so I just switch to my PT and queued to get In the same group with a new healer.

Rest of the FP went smooth. Except, when the same sniper agroed a sorc (maybe got pushed into it), next to the guardian that I was holding. Ofc with two mobs only we never came close to a wipe, and at least we had an excuse to make a few jokes :cool:

But there are countless little weird moments in PUG FPs.

Like the guardian tank, which I had to heal through a HM Cademimu in his Black Hole dps gear (I’ve asked him, to skip the bonus boss, and now I cannot help but wonder if I could’ve healed through that too).

Or the vanguard tank in his half dps gear (he said 1/3, which only proves he cannot count either), from whom we asked if he knows the tactics of the first boss of Mando Raiders (that question was not out of accident btw…). He said “yes I’ve done it before”, then he promptly started to tank one of the beasts, and when asked why didn’t he took the boss away, his reply was that “I couldn’t heal him if his far away”. :D

Again on the dark side, there was this lvl50 player, who apparently had no idea how to get into the Battle of Ilum FP. VIA GROUP FINDER! We tolerated him killing mobs on Ilum for about 10 mins, then when he said,” I’m going :)” and by going he meant going to the fleet, he got booted.

Also in this same FP we had a sorc with 3k+ endurance and 2,2k+ willpower. My guildie asked what had he done for a dps gear? The reply was: Hehe, I’m always getting that question.” Well, in this case I think it stands to reason, why doesn’t he do a thing about it then :rak_02:

Or the quite funny moment when you realize that you have a level51 tank with 12k hp (!) in your PUG Xeno 8m SM group and not kicking him on sight. He was on the boss the whole time, never caring about anything, just tickling it with his lightsaber. The only thing saving him from getting the boot is that we’ve managed the fight at first try (as usual, since SM is really easy mode, at least for the decently geared players).

These are only the most recent moments that I remember, but I’m pretty sure there’ll be more weirdness when I log in today. Plus the triple of that on Tuesday in the new hardmode FPs xD

Here a little rant about a tank I met like 30 minutes ago.

I hopped on my 29 sorc alt and hit the groupfinder. Mandolorian Raiders SM pops up.

The group was doing well, lv 25 tank was a bit more suicide-ish than usual, but he had decent gear so I could easily heal him. And then we reached the dog pull...

As many of you know, this isn't the easiest of all. This time was no difference but it was doable until...

Group thought all were dead but I agrod the last one due to healing. My force was at say 32% right now with a base force of 500 (I know I should get middle tree but I never had trouble with 500 force).

Keep in mind that I am the only one who knows there is 1 dog left.

At this moment I type in help, hoping the tank would pause for a second to regain some health. No he rushed in with like 74% health (not that low but still, you're engaging a boss) while I still have a dog attacking me AND I had already typed help in the chat.

There we went, fighting with me having huge trouble keeping evyone alive since my force is really low at the moment. Lucky one of the dps aided me for a moment and we made it.

Next part went ... well the tank wanted to kill all the things and we wanted to skip. Whatever things went fine anyway. The rebublic boarding party went fine.

Later on close before Mavrix you have 2 turrets. You know those things that you cant skip, just impossible (keep in mind, lvl 25-30 people). The tank decides to skip them, like leaping to Mavrix and skipping the turrets.

Wait wut? Yes really... My tank who wanted to kill ALL the things decided that he wanted to skip the turrets which cant be skipped. The 2 dps and I were just.. we didn't know what to say. I still cant believe it actually.

So the tank skipped the first 2 turrets. I throw a bubble on tank and turn dps mode to make sure those turrets are daed before Mavrix jumps to a corner.

So the turrets got killed and we went to the tank. Eventually We're getting at the hopping part where Mavrix jumps to corners and spawns 2 turrets

Guess what the genius tank does.. Yes indeed he ignored the turrets.

For some reason he was not that hard to heal so I could add in some dps and all went fine in the end, but still... I told him multiple times to focus on turrets first, at the last corner he fianlly listend.

So I decided to write this post while queu'ing for another flashpoint.

All went very well, met some nice people and a marauder needing on the 2 things I need, and winning both (remember, I am a sorcerer, I need willpower stuff and he doesnt). First time he wanted to give it to me, but he was limited by this games free to play limit. He can't trade! For some reason I was in a forgiving mood and decided not to kick him. This led to him ninja'ing the second willpower thing I needed. This time I 'yelled' at him and he told me to fk off......

Rant over.

I recently healed for a 55 HM and joined in a group that was already in progress. They were at the first boss and the original healer quit after a few wipes. I eagerly jumped in to help as I was a well geared, experienced healer and I had done this particular FP MANY times before. In short I was very confident that we would be fine.

A long story short... we wiped... HARD. I just couldn't keep the tank up despite all my effort. I thought I failed until I checked the tanks armor and discovered he was in DPS gear but had Q'd as a tank. He had NO damage mitigation what-so-ever.

I brought this up as gently as posible (really, I said it very kindly) and got insta-flamed. I was told that if I was a better healer he wouldn't have died and we wouldn't have wiped. I very quickly figured out why the last healer quit. I attempted to see if the tank had some TANK'y' gear to put on but again was insta-flamed for my suggestion. I apologized and quit the group as it was very apparent it was not going to be able to be completed.

I quickly learned two things... :

1) Always check the "tanks" gear

and...

2) There are some arrogant, angry people in the random GF.

This is priceless right here, had me LOL'ing..... I don't even wanna think about writing one of these because almost every single FP I've run in the past 3 weeks could be in here. Have all 3 tanks, been getting healers that refuse to heal me without guard. Healers that refuse to heal me out of combat EVERY single time. Assassin DPS in dark charge standing 10-15 meters out using only force lighting(every 45 seconds or so). PT DPS standing 30 meters away the entire time. Healer with 22k HP telling me I was a bad tank and my gear sucked cause I don't have 40k HP(was on my PT with 2400 point stat budget ideally distributed according to KBN #'s). That healer also kept ************ at me cause " I wasn't holding agro"... well yeah when he pulls a pack of lizards in athiss at the same time I do, ill let him try and tank it... I lived... he died in 2 secs ;).... it's the same every single Tuesday.. ill leave work in a few min here and prob get 3-6 of the worst pug HM FP's ever... I honestly should start recording them

This is priceless right here, had me LOL'ing..... I don't even wanna think about writing one of these because almost every single FP I've run in the past 3 weeks could be in here. Have all 3 tanks, been getting healers that refuse to heal me without guard. Healers that refuse to heal me out of combat EVERY single time. Assassin DPS in dark charge standing 10-15 meters out using only force lighting(every 45 seconds or so). PT DPS standing 30 meters away the entire time. Healer with 22k HP telling me I was a bad tank and my gear sucked cause I don't have 40k HP(was on my PT with 2400 point stat budget ideally distributed according to KBN #'s). That healer also kept ************ at me cause " I wasn't holding agro"... well yeah when he pulls a pack of lizards in athiss at the same time I do, ill let him try and tank it... I lived... he died in 2 secs ;).... it's the same every single Tuesday.. ill leave work in a few min here and prob get 3-6 of the worst pug HM FP's ever... I honestly should start recording them

Why would you expect a healer to heal you out of combat? You are supposed to use your own rest ability to heal up between fights.

Why would you expect a healer to heal you out of combat? You are supposed to use your own rest ability to heal up between fights.

Probably not to lose rage points and to keep a quicker pace. Pretty sure he meant topping him off not healing from 15% or less.